Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

SlenderNations Houses: More Features

Go down 
+3
The Doctor
Etreo
ShadowTurtleInc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

SlenderNations Houses: More Features  Empty
PostSubject: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Hey guys Shadow here,

I have been thinking. The houses idea for SN is really cool, and with some updated names and artwork for them coming up I thought maybe when the switch comes we could make some new features added to houses as well. Houses could be teams in certain forum games, they could have there own chat area (if they already do, I am not aware of it), or they could have a little more to there profile than just a color change.

I am aware that houses were originally made for friendly 'competition' of sorts on the forum but I feel like there is a lot more hidden potential. Post your thoughts below and let's see where this subject goes. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:38 pm

We've been throwing house-based activities around among the staff for the better part of three months. I'd love to hear your thoughts though, because for the most part we've struggled.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:49 pm

I think some sort of big forum game that could become like a annual thing could be really cool
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:00 pm

It was teased back in the day, and I'd love to give it another go, honestly.

We have art contests every year, something to do with the site. An example would be to design and create a new coat of arms for the houses. Another, the one that we thought of back then, would be to design a new theme for the forum. I'd gather the necessary images to work with and the houses all come up with a layout and then make the images!

Winning house of either contest would have their work used and full credit given, along with whatever other prize we could come up with at the time.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:10 pm

I like it, unfortunately I am a horrible artist... along with, I'm sure, plenty of the others on the forum. =/ 
Maybe we could have an Olympics type deal where there are MULTIPLE things for different people with different talents!
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:14 pm

That could work, yes. Though, what would you suggest about the events? An artistry event could be used, but what others?
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

Current Win Points : 59

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:23 pm

How about a live Slenderman Quiz, where each house chooses a team of 4 or something to represent them, and you can't use the internet to get answers?
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:25 pm

That could be a good one, yes.
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 pm

On a related note, a while back I worked on a potential update to the houses, which involved more options. However, the main question I would have, is do we want to add new houses? Or keep the same number and just change them to reflect newer, more commonly seen themes in the Slenderverse? For example, Maskenpuff might focus on proxies in general, Rakenclaw could center more around creepypasta or the Fear Mythos, etc.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:57 pm

I'd have to agree to keep the houses to four. It keeps things nice and neat, instead of inventing five new houses to join and having all out chaos as we try and keep the different houses straight in our heads.
Back to top Go down
PostIt
Anxious
PostIt

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:03 am

I really like the idea of a trivia contest. Maybe some kind of decorative contest as well like, which team can pull together and make the best...I dunno, something. Banner, or team background or slender-themed cake. We used to have houses in my high school and we did things like that all the time. I'm not sure exactly how it would work in forum-form but it could be interesting and adaptable...
Back to top Go down
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:00 pm

We should have a couple of different things. Maybe do a quiz-type thing, though making sure people don't just cheat will be tough. Art competitions would be awesome too. Maybe also best collaborative house project. So, like, if one House did a Slendy radio play, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Art, Mind, Film......this is what we have so far. How about music?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SlenderNations Houses: More Features    SlenderNations Houses: More Features  Empty

Back to top Go down

SlenderNations Houses: More Features
Page 1 of 1