Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tosha96
Untainted

Current Win Points : 7

Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art Empty
PostSubject: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:50 pm

So, for a project I'm working on, I need some concept art for slendy. I'm going to have someone create a 3D model of him, and I just need to give them some concept art.Really just a front view with his arms out to the side, and possibly a side view. It doesn't really need to be detailed, just a basic blueprint. The main goal is just to get the proportions right, so the model will be accurate. I would like some tentacles on his back, if at all possible though.

If anyone could do this, I would really appreciate you, and give you credit.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:22 am

How quick? I'm an okay artist when it comes down to it, and a sketch of Slenderman shouldn't be that hard. But how about some details on what you want? Just getting the proportions right? Alright, I can do that, but what kind of Slendy are you doing? One of the ones with the rediculously overly-long legs, or one that could still be potentially human, just stretched out a bit? Black suit, sure, but are you more of a red tie person or a black tie person? Is the face just a blank, perfectly smooth surface, like the outside of a shell, or does it still have the barest hints of vestigial facial features, like the Slenderman picture up in the banner at the top of the page? Just a black and white outline, or colored in as well? What sorts of tentacles, too- describe them?

If you give me all of that, I can start working on it as soon as I find a pencil.
Back to top Go down
tosha96
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:19 am

First off, thanks! And here's the other details you wanted:

-He should be humanish, not totally alien looking. Still obviously not a normal person, but not skewed to the other extreme either.
-Black tie if you want to color it, I guess.
-For the face, just the hints of some features, kinda like the banner image.
-You know the Tribe Twelve tentacles, just kinda extending from his back? Pretty much like that.

In regards to how detailed to make it, take a look at this picture:
tinyurlDOTcom/c9ufmke (I'm not allowed to post a link yet, so just replace the DOT with a .)
Its not at all related, but those are basically the poses that the modeler will need. His tentacles should just radiate out in a sort of straight manner, evenly spaced. As for coloring, just plain black and white should be fine, as long as the difference between different parts of his body can be seen. Remember, the goal is just to give a clear view of all the different parts of his body, their respective sizes, and how they fit together.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Sure, I can do that. One last overview of the tentacles, though- how many, how thick? I know that I can draw tentacles like Tribe Twelve, but I feel like that's not being entirely fair to whoever your modeler is, because the Tribe Twelve tentacles were always sort of... I don't know, flat? It's easy for me to draw them, because they're so simple, and when their image is superimposed on a physical video recording, then that's fine because your mind fills in the blanks to fill out the shape, but for your modeler, they're going to have to make them into 3D. So if you give me a little more detail than that- arm width? Just a few fingers? Or more like tendrils? Pitch black, but any texture? How many? Tribe Twelve Slenderman seems to have as many as the situation requires at any given time. Does yours have a fixed number, or does it change?- then maybe I can make their job a little easier.

As for the main body, though, I'll get started on it today. Smile
Back to top Go down
tosha96
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm

I'm not sure for the number of tentacles, maybe 6? They should be pitch black, shouldn't branch off into smaller tentacles. As for how long and how wide, probably just about as wide as his normal arms, and around the same length, maybe longer.

And if anything I suggest ends up looking weird, feel free to change it to make it look better.

Also, I referred the 3D artist here, so he might be posting soon.
Back to top Go down
The Warrior of Jupiter
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:51 pm

hello i am the 3d artist tosha has been talking about.

i thank you for doing this concept art for me to use. i would like to add one thing. if we are going with a slenderman face/head like in the banner could you please include a close up of the head as an extra in your concept art so i can get the face just right.

other than that tosha has explained everything else i need.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Alright. I think that's everything I need. I've already started on the basic body structure, but these details will help a lot, so thanks. I'll see if I can get it done as soon as possible, and if I have any other things I want to clear up, I may come back and ask. Until then, though, consider it a work in progress! Smile
Back to top Go down
tosha96
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Alright, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:40 pm

And you said just a front and a side view? Not the back?
Back to top Go down
tosha96
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:20 am

Yeah, just a front and side view should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Status update: front view is done, head closeup from front and side is done, just trying to make absolutely certain that the side view is the same proportion as the front.
Back to top Go down
tosha96
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Alright, great!
Back to top Go down
The Warrior of Jupiter
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 pm

so hows it going? is it done yet?
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:40 am

I'm so sorry it took me this long to get back to you. I just stayed up finishing it- and it is done, now, all I need to do is scan it in, which I will do once I actually get some sleep. I'd intended to complete it right after I finished that last note, but then someone decided out of the blue that we needed to re-floor the whole house, and I've been playing at being the little errand girl ever since. Not like I got a say in the matter either way.

But it's done, and I'll- I don't know, link you to it? Send it to you? It's not colored- and I haven't even erased all of the lines I used to do the arms and legs- because halfway through, I realized that having my internal 'skeleton' still visible will probably make it a lot easier to work with as a model. He is on the human side of the spectrum, definitely, but he's perhaps... a little skinnier than may be naturally possible? Anyhow, since I realized the thing about not erasing any of the lines, it's all still in pencil, so if there's anything you'd like different or changed, feel free to tell me and I can alter it. Smile It's just a sketch, but I hope it's alright for what you needed in the first place.
Back to top Go down
The Warrior of Jupiter
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:43 pm

if you can upload the images and give me the links that would be great. you can either give them here or PM me its fine eitherway.

other than that what you have said about the art sounds fine to me
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Here, I put it up on my DA account, but since you were the ones who requested it, then if you want I'll take it down as soon as you've got a copy. I'm just using it to host the picture, anyways.

http://nessastar.deviantart.com/art/Slendermodel-299579354
Back to top Go down
The Warrior of Jupiter
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:18 am

it looks really good. so i shall get to modeling it as soon as i can.

and im not sure about tosha but im fine with you keeping it up on DA

great work thanks Razz
Back to top Go down
tosha96
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Yeah, thats great!

And its fine if you keep it up on DA.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Alright, glad I could help. If you need anything else for your game, always feel free to ask- I'm happy to help out in any way I can. Hope it goes well, and when you've got the finished product, I'd love to see it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art   Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art Empty

Back to top Go down

Would anyone here be willing to create some quick concept art
Page 1 of 1