Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Go down 
+3
Allan Assiduity
Mr. Jeebles
Zander
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:32 am

While recently updating the Announcement scroller at the top of the page, I thought to myself and wondered how many people look at it and use it for information. Then I thought about how many users actually use the features on the site. So I want to ask you all, what options/features do you use or check out on the site most?

What I mean by features covers the extra options that exist aside from the forum. Such as:

Homepage links:
Blog List
Slender Nation Wiki
Podcasts
Vlog Feed

Other forum features:
Inbox/PM System
Friendslist
Announcements
Search
Calendar
FAQ
Profiles
Usergroups
Chatbox
Memberlist

Please discuss.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:31 am

I find the search to be useful, but not Ideal. You search for something with the exact title and it won't show up sometimes, but that's not your fault and I'm not even sure you can configure the search thing. Either way I use that a lot along with the pm system and the announcements.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:35 am

I, personally, don't use anything on that list besides PMs, and even that is only rarely.
Back to top Go down
Trygon
Anxious
Trygon

Current Win Points : 40

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Basic forum features are really part of what makes a forum a forum, so I'd think anyone would use them even from time to time. Though the chat box needs to be swapped out for something like Chatango. Anything better then default.

I do not, however, really use the home page links much. I don't have much use for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astronomican.com/member.php?374-Trygon
quofomo
Watched
quofomo

Current Win Points : 177

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Spoiler:

...But hey, whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://quofomo.tumblr.com
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Trygon wrote:
Basic forum features are really part of what makes a forum a forum, so I'd think anyone would use them even from time to time. Though the chat box needs to be swapped out for something like Chatango. Anything better then default.

I do not, however, really use the home page links much. I don't have much use for them.
We have yet to find anything to swap it out with that could be reliable and under our control. If we had something like Chatango, it would be rough to moderate and the names used in the chat wouldn't be reliable if a problem were to occur. Our chat would be fine with how it's synced up to the members of the forum, but Forumotion has yet to add a sound notification to their Chatbox and I can't do anything to edit that. So it's either that, SlenderSkype chat, or the SlenderNation Tinychat.
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Well here's what I’ve used and my thoughts, hope it helps in some way:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 am

Exorcist, the announcements only have text and links, so no need to worry about that.

As for the Skype chat, we only have about 50 people on average in it. With Tinychat, well... I have something planned for that anyway.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 pm

It's only right that I also input my usage or the features as well
Woo, community efforts!

Blog List: Never even looked at it, but I have no interest in blogs to begin with.
Slender Nation Wiki: I used to look at it pretty regularly, but progress came to a littlebit of a standstill, and since I have no practical skill in wiki editing, there's not much i can do about that.
Podcasts: I check it out every time I see a new one in the announcements banner.
Vlog Feed: I skim it every few days, but I still appreciate it being there.

Inbox/PM System: Indisposable! I use it once a week on a slow week, but oftentimes several times a day!
Friendslist: Kind of a bother, as well as pointless. Maybe if the forum was so big it was hard to find people it'd be more helpful, but its easier to find people without it at this point.
Announcements: I scan this a few times a day: I think its p helpful.
Search: I use this at least once a day, its not as precise as I'd like it, of course, but it's important.
Calendar: I actually use this every few days, mostly to orientate myself since I have a warped perception of time and am too cheap for a real like calendar. Really though, unless you wanna know peoples birthday, it doesn't get used much.
FAQ: Its for general forum newbies, so I've never given it more than a glance, since I've been on forums since i was 13.
Profiles: Use em constantly. I like looking at people's statistics.
Usergroups: Could be organized better, but its better than just wading through pages upon pages of the memberlist to find somebody, usually.
Chatbox: Quite frankly, I really loathe it and never use it unless somebody asks me to come on. I've been spoiled by Skype.
Memberlist: Messy, but of great use to me daily.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
quofomo
Watched
quofomo

Current Win Points : 177

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Zander wrote:
With Tinychat, well... I have something planned for that anyway.

Oh. FUCK.
you better not strip, you whore
Back to top Go down
http://quofomo.tumblr.com
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Zander wrote:
Exorcist, the announcements only have text and links, so no need to worry about that.

Ah, I think I worded it a bit wrong. What I meant was images/videos inserted into actual topic posts as well as signature images seem to not load until the first cycle of the different text in the announcements bar is done.

But I think that's down to the really bad internet provider I'm on, I'll let you know within two weeks when I’m on a new provider if anything changes. If not then meh it's not really that big of a deal, just means waiting a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh. xD Nah, that's a forum problem in general. It takes a while to load images and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback: Which site features do you use the most?   Feedback: Which site features do you use the most? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1