Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Entry #51 Discussion

Go down 
+30
TJSwizz
a27strwlf
looby
Wintermarch
FreedomCaged
Thage the Minithulu
projectrallus
Vardtmardtr
Happycupcakes
TheRedRaven
Mr. Jeebles
AlanAuch
MediaGARBAGE
Malus
ExorcistGamer
ChaosGamma
Toxiandra
Lumine
Rythmear
Tiro1000
Kurogane
Sachael
Bio
MadameMiz
CheckersValentine
Apples
Konaa
BlackWolf
Zander
Hallow Sleeper
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hallow Sleeper
Observer
Hallow Sleeper

Current Win Points : 23

Entry #51 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:16 am

Yo, Entry #51 is up.

My thoughts on it. Warning: Spoilers.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hallow Sleeper on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:35 am

Oh snap, I knew it!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:37 am

I am now convinced that Sinclair's job is a camera-janitor. He picks up cameras people have left lying around.
Back to top Go down
http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/
Apples
Anxious
Apples

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:08 am

We again get to see Alex's SUBERB directing skills.

If you ask me, I think Alex is killing people unconsciously.
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:28 am

Checkerbrain time! (sorry for the spaciness, my computer is still spacing these posts like a bitch.)

Spoiler:

Not a bad entry overall. I would beg for a better slendersuit, but the implications of the entry are most interesting, *strokes goatee* most interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

Current Win Points : 114

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:44 am

Bluh, screw the spoilers.

Holy shit, Brian got skinny! I didn't even recognize him at first. Headcanon dictates that this is because of slender sickness. *nod*

I'm pretty sure it was him that got dragged out of the room like a giant human burrito. Brian's shoes were visible when he was walking on the rail road track and they match the shoes of the person dragged out of the room. (I guess it could have been Tim since we couldn't see his shoes, but yeah...) The question is, who was doing the dragging, and why?

I like the idea of Tim dragging him away. Brian then dons a creepy hoody/mask combo and works in the shadows alongside Tim, using Jay to track down Alex so they can have their revenge. New favorite theory, yes.

Also, love how Jay doesn't acknowlege the fact that Alex listed him among the "gone" as well. Oh Jay, you so Dodgy.

Last edited by MadameMiz on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sleepy typos)
Back to top Go down
http://madamemiz.tumblr.com
Bio
Untainted

Current Win Points : 37

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:25 am

Dang it if they were gonna go back to the marble hornets short video footage they need to use the camera they used when they started the series... or one with the same quality. The magic is taken away other wise.
Back to top Go down
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

Current Win Points : 179

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:34 am

What does Brian say when finding Tim? It sounds like "Alex, Tim isn't gone!" or "Tim is a fraud!" or something. I can't hear it very well. Nice slender-scares in this one though.

This just proves that whatever shenanigans Alex is involved in have been going on for five solid years now, with what seems to be a continuing battle of some sort between him and the others. As usual, this entry gives us the slightest of answers while offering yet more questions.

The only problem I have with MH so far is that in 2+ years and over 50 entries, we still don't have a really good idea of exactly what the fuck is going on. It's horrifying, it's suspenseful, it's interesting, but the answers are very sparse so far, and the only party in the story who seems to have more answers only speaks Cryptic Bullshit(tm). My sincere hope is that season three turns out to be rapid fire, plot-heavy, and utterly fucking insane. I know they're probably just trying to find the balance between exposition and not ruining the fear of the unknown that makes the series so creepy, but still...

I just don't want to end up with some hand wavey, Lost-ian copout bullshit at the end. That'd be the scariest possible thing that could happen in MH. And not in the good way.

</whiny fanboy crap>

Also, I got the feeling that the "burned up old school" bit was a shoutout to EverymanHYBRID. I seem to recall them saying they enjoyed EMH.
Back to top Go down
Kurogane
Untainted
Kurogane

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:11 am

Hmm... where to begin....? Well the Slendy suit seems to have baggy legs. This tape wasn't really interesting to me. I thought all that movie stuff was supposed to be in season 1. Let's see... distortion and someone is coughing? Slendy is near. Like a dead give away, it's not even scary when I can countdown to when Slendy appears. I really just want him to appear out of no where. Like BOOM! surprise bitches! Sort of like what he did in Season 1.

I believe when Brian is staring at the wall he says "What does this part mean?" I was wondering that myself but then again it is Alex's movie. When Jay is speculating if Alex is lying at the end of the tape I don't think Alex was lying. I mean... look back at Season 1. Alex was petrified of Slendy, he was running from him at every chance he got.

Last edited by Kurogane on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

Current Win Points : 146

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:17 am

I do have to say, it was nice to see (or rather hear) a few minutes of not crazy Alex. A nice departure from large-rock-wielding Alex. Until of course, shit goes down.... The few minutes was nice though.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Anxious
Rythmear

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:34 am

I'm literally on the edge of my seat with anticipation... This episode had me SO psyched.
Back to top Go down
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 am

Well shit, so this is the Seth guy he was referring to?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
Toxiandra
Anxious
Toxiandra

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:53 am

Looks like Slendy's back.

I'm sort of confused as to why Jay didn't really react to Alex saying his name with the people who are apparently gone. Also, Alex's hair looks a bit different there. Please don't tell me I'm the only one considering it's from the future? Some people think that Slendy can manipulate time, but I guess it's kind of silly. But if that's the case, maybe he's not erasing their memories but actually just messing with the time?
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 am

I don't think Jay's making a big deal out of Alex mentioning him with everyone gone because he already saw that almost two years ago. Now, why he didn't make a big deal about it then, that might be something to wonder about...

Also, no one's brought up the fact that for some reason this tape wasn't with the rest of the footage that Alex gave to Jay. It might not be an important detail, but then again this is Marble Hornets.

One other thing, at about 6:07 or so, the surroundings just completely change. When I first saw that I thought Brian had been teleported, though I'd think he'd have some kind of reaction to being moved like that. I guess it could just be Jay cutting to a later part of the footage, but I don't know, it just seems odd to me.

Yeah, I just keep bringing up things and then not really having any ideas to go with them.
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:23 am

Okay, I'll admit it. I jumped at the pause moment where Slendy practically rushed at the screen.

But great video, it's practically a move back to the older videos in a way, and god was it great for that. The Slendy scenes were brilliant.

This practically confirms Brian is dead now though.

It also adds to a suspicion. We've all had the possible idea that maybe Alex was responsible for their disappearances, the little addition Jay put at the end here adds to that. Maybe Alex had no clue what he was doing and led them all to danger.

This is going to be really interesting because of course...Jay was one of the people Alex mentioned went missing. Does this mean if we come across Marble Hornets production footage again, we're going to see Jay getting taken as well?
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:44 am

There's a reason why Alex's hair is different in the video where he says everyone is gone. It's because that video was taken in the past.

Also, the guy in the video isn't Seth, because at the VERY BEGINNING of the video, they say Seth is sick. So, this is most likely Brian.
Back to top Go down
MediaGARBAGE
Anxious
MediaGARBAGE

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:02 am

I think this is closer to the beginning of production, because Alex isn't all paranoid about filming everything. So maybe Tim, Brian or Seth have been having problems with Slendy since before the start of Marble Hornets, but they found a way to distract Slender Man from them by giving Alex to him.. Brian seemed to know that Slender Man would be there.

I haven't fit the video of Alex as a child into the theory yet... But it could work.
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer
AlanAuch

Current Win Points : 34

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:55 am

MadameMiz wrote:
I like the idea of Tim dragging him away. Brian then dons a creepy hoody/mask combo and works in the shadows alongside Tim, using Jay to track down Alex so they can have their revenge. New favorite theory, yes.

This has been basically where my head's at since seeing the video. It
makes a lot of sense to me; until now there's been no clear explanation
of why Tim became the Masked Man. The idea that Alex lured him into
Slender Man's den of molestation, and now Tim (and Brian, natch) is
looking for justice/revenge/an end to their trauma, seems to fit rather well

Kurogane wrote:
I thought all that movie stuff was supposed to be in season 1
I think it was inevitable they'd have to return to the events of 2006 (I think) sooner or later. There are a lot of gaps in the story from that period, like the footage of Alex and Seth wandering around an abandoned building (which I'm going to go ahead and propose is somewhere within this building, as perhaps is the room Jay mysteriously finds himself in at the end of #23). Dunno if more Marble Hornets footage magically surfacing is the best way to go about it, but it's done and we're here

ChaosGamma wrote:
I don't think Jay's making a big deal out of Alex mentioning him with everyone gone because he already saw that almost two years ago. Now, why he didn't make a big deal about it then, that might be something to wonder about...
I think in 2009 Jay didn't have a reason to think it was suspicious, or at least no more suspicious than the slew of other weird goings on. Alex mentions that Tim is gone too, and Jay knew for a fact Tim wasn't dead, in the absence of his own memories of filming Marble Hornets he may have assumed (as I always did, honestly) Alex meant the others had distanced themselves from him. Now the fact that he doesn't remark on it now does definitely strike me as suspicious. I've always thought there was an unanswered question in why Jay was reviewing and posting the MH footage to begin with, considering Alex's meltdown was old news and Jay hadn't seen Slend's first appearance on-tape yet. And TTA has explicitly accused Jay of being untrustworthy in a private message exchange with someone (I forget who asked the question) early on in the first series
Back to top Go down
Hallow Sleeper
Observer
Hallow Sleeper

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:09 pm

AlanAuch wrote:
TTA has explicitly accused Jay of being untrustworthy in a private message exchange with someone (I forget who asked the question) early on in the first series

This may refer to him being an unreliable narrator.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:38 pm

AlanAuch wrote:
I think in 2009 Jay didn't have a reason to think it was suspicious, or at least no more suspicious than the slew of other weird goings on. Alex mentions that Tim is gone too, and Jay knew for a fact Tim wasn't dead, in the absence of his own memories of filming Marble Hornets he may have assumed (as I always did, honestly) Alex meant the others had distanced themselves from him. Now the fact that he doesn't remark on it now does definitely strike me as suspicious. I've always thought there was an unanswered question in why Jay was reviewing and posting the MH footage to begin with, considering Alex's meltdown was old news and Jay hadn't seen Slend's first appearance on-tape yet. And TTA has explicitly accused Jay of being untrustworthy in a private message exchange with someone (I forget who asked the question) early on in the first series

You do bring up a good point about his reaction to the tape. I hadn't thought about the fact that yeah, Jay did know that Tim at least was still around and alright, so that could be something there.

As for why Jay started uploading in the first place, if you want to get technical
Spoiler:

Last edited by ChaosGamma on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Jesus fucking Christ. Best Entry of Season Two in my opinion.

As for the episode. I'd like to say it confirms Brian's death, because I've been toting the theory that he's been dead for a while now, but it really leaves more questions. He could have been killed. He might have been knocked out. You really can't tell. This does make me believe the Brian is Sinclair theory rather than Jessica now. Over the years Brian has lost some weight so the build fits for Sinclair.

Now the Slendy appearances are what makes me think this is the best Entry this season. The camera freezes on Slendy the first time you see him, gives you ample time to digest the fact that yes, he is in fact standing there, evisceration seemingly imminent. Next fucking second he's right next to Brian. Creepiest moment I've gotten from MH in a long time. Bravo. Bravo.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
TheRedRaven
Untainted
TheRedRaven

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:53 pm

I have no doubt in my mind that Alex is killing people unconsciously now, this episode was huge. I really do hope Brian isn't dead, though, I really liked him even though he showed up about twice. Praying he's a masky after that incident.
Back to top Go down
Happycupcakes
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Well we see by now Alex is .. well of course up to something. Im sure most people think he`s doing slendys dirty work . I think that as well .. but as to the point to as to why . well it`s strange to think about. Anyway this episode was pretty intense , got some good slendy freezes thats always good. With brian well .. either he did get knocked out or he got the camera after. im not sure though hmp. Hope next episode is just as good
Back to top Go down
Vardtmardtr
Untainted
Vardtmardtr

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Pretty good episode, but the SM appearances seemed a little more... tame to me. I don't know, maybe it's the camera quality or the other videos have desensitized me, but his pop-ups seem to me to just be less startling. Was glad to get some more footage of the actual filming though. I feel like there should be more if this was going to be a full-fledged project, even if it was going to be cut short.

On a side-note, the quality of Slenderman's appearance in this one got me thinking, how do you guys think he actually goes about doing... whatever he does to people? I mean I can't picture him Physically assaulting them, with those silly curved arms. And, at least in that one entry in the park, he seems to walk kind of slowly. Psychic attacks don't really make sense to me either, it doesn't really make sense to chase after them if you can brainkill them without the hassle. Is there any official standing on how a Slenderattack would play out?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry #51 Discussion   Entry #51 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Entry #51 Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next