Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

TheUndecidedFive

Go down 
+27
ramenninja13
TailsFoxy
ThyService
Sage
Snore-De-Bliss
L in hiding
Dr. Squirtle
CallingOnBlueSkyes
Zhanro
Geisterdamen
CuteWithoutThe
Satchamapod
level100nidoking
Grifen411
proxiehunter
EvilRhino229
Shayde
punxtr
ExorcistGamer
Lumine
Ceb18
Machine Gun Cynic
chasechan2050
Mennos
Zander
NearTheEnd
Vohn_exel
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 am

Yeah, we're not going to do month-long waits. The most anyone will have to wait is two weeks, we promise! Unless something totally unexpected happens that is out of our control. But that can't be helped, of course, and if anything like that ever does happen we'd of course let the viewers know. Real life things are a little stressful but they can easily be worked through. Like right now, I'm totally supposed to be doing a project for Drama class. I'm doing the internet instead, because vlog stuff is totally more important! =D
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken
Machine Gun Cynic

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Only real complaint is that Edward is... a really irritating guy...
Back to top Go down
Ceb18
Untainted
Ceb18

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Started watching it earlier today. It's been good so far Very Happy will definitely be keeping up with it.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Machine Gun Cynic: Yes, we know! That's the point to his character. He's not really like that. Edward is fun-loving and funny in person! xD
Ceb: Oh, thank you so much! We're all really glad we please our viewers. Please keep tuning in! :3
Back to top Go down
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken
Machine Gun Cynic

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Is it just me or is Skye like a female version of Evan from EMH? Cos she seems quite agressive in the third vid.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:03 pm

Machine Gun Cynic wrote:
Is it just me or is Skye like a female version of Evan from EMH? Cos she seems quite agressive in the third vid.
Skye is a very, very aggressive person. But that's why we love her! She wouldn't be her if she wasn't loud and proud. C:
Back to top Go down
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:48 pm

If you need advice on how to handle video formats I could give you a program or two that I use especially which come in handy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:52 pm

A CHARACTER COMES FROM MAINE! [grabs shot glass]....oh wait....this isn't Stephen King. Damn, I was looking forward to the drinking game.

Anyway seriously speaking now. Pretty good start, definitely be keeping watch of this.

The dialogue has been pretty good so far and it hasn't felt forced at all. Nice assortment of personalities too. I absolutely loved the aggressive behaviour of Skye in The Factory video. Hilarious the way she kept trying to taunt them to come out, particularly at the beginning when you can hear her in the background rambling away still.

The few effects so far have been pretty nice too. Really interested at the idea of the fears getting worked into this too.

Looking forward to more of this

EDIT: Almost forgot. One suggestion I do have is it might help to put the tumblr links onto the youtube channel. To help those who find it and aren't on here. Unless there's a storyline reason for not putting the links on there, then nevermind.

On a completely unrelated note. argh. Tumblr. First I had to join Twitter to help make things easier on keeping track of series and now Tumblr too. Oh internet, why you make me surrender my soul?

Last edited by ExorcistGamer on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:20 am

Lumine: I'm not in charge of video editing. Mennos does all of the editing, and I'm sure she would really enjoy having a few new toys to play with! I'll ask her for you and have her get back to you!
ExrocistGamer: Ah, I'm glad you like it! Thank you so much. Skye's a very good character. We're lucky to have her. She has lots and lots of acting experience and was actually in a short film. And yes, that is a wonderful idea! Thanks for that. (: But yeah...tumblr. Sorry. D: We're all not too fond of Twitter, so we decided (lol, the undecided decided on something!) on tumblr.
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:27 am

Any new programs would be awesome, so I am totally fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:10 am

Yeah I'm excited about the fears being in this. I just got introduced to them like, a few days ago, and so I'm really interested in how they'll be done in video form.

Actually, what editing program do ya'll use, if you don't mind my asking? I've heard Sony Vegas Pro is the one that most people use, but if there's a knockoff freeware or cheap version out there I'd happily take a non name brand product, lol.

Anyway, Skye might be the one with the training, but ALL five of you do really good! You all seem natural, like you really are just a bunch of people making videos. The characters are all interesting and I love watching them interact with each other!
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:20 am

NearTheEnd wrote:
And yes, that is a wonderful idea! Thanks for that. (: But yeah...tumblr. Sorry. D: We're all not too fond of Twitter, so we decided (lol, the undecided decided on something!) on tumblr.

I needed an excuse to try and understand what this Tumblr stuff all is, anyway.

As for video programs, the only ones I can think off that might help are

Sony Vegas as Vohn mentioned but there is the matter of high cost there.
Adobe After Effects. Again - cost. But I hear it's also reliable and good.
Pinnacle Studio 14: Not sure if you can get it seperately as I got mine with a Dazzle Platinum. But that's got some video effects in it. Nothing special but it's still got a fair few and the ability to mess around with the options on the effects. So if you can pick that up on the cheap seperately than that might be good for basic needs.

And of course, there's the cream of the crop.

Windows Movie Ma-ahahahahah, no. Couldn't do it with a straight face.

They're the only ones I'm aware of myself.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:24 am

Hahaha. Well, we're a bunch of poor high school kids, so anything that costs might not really be a good thing for us. I'm not too sure what Mennos uses, really, but whatever she does, I like it. xD And so far its been working. But she's totally open to any suggestions. But, like I said, cost is a bad thing. A bad, bad, thing. xD
Back to top Go down
punxtr
Untainted

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:23 pm

My favorite line so far:

"Fuck. Just shit."
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:43 pm

punxtr wrote:
My favorite line so far:

"Fuck. Just shit."
Ahhh! One of my lines! Thank you, thank you. -totally improvised that line-
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:33 pm

ExorcistGamer wrote:
snip

Haha, winpoint for the WMM reference. Man I hate trying to use that. My PS3 has a better editor! (which is why I used it just recently, lol.)

Yeah I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about programs either, and I have an actual job, lol. Hopefully I won't have to worry too much about editing since I'm not doing Slendy.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Attention! Vlog 8 is up. I have to say, this one is kind of cute. xDD I enjoy this one for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:27 am

I've caught up with the series, and I'm pretty impressed so far. It's fairly well paced, and intriguing even though it is in it's early stages. The only nitpick I really have is that the first entry was a little long, and felt like it was dragging on toward the end. Though seeing as it set up the cast and situation, it probably had to be that way.

I eagerly await the next entries Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:39 am

Nice episode! It was really touching seeing Chris act like he did about his friends. I've had good friends like that and I moved around a lot as a kid so I always felt the same way about my friends. All of mine ended up pretty much deserting me after highschool, but oh well :p

Also, I have to ask about the "no painkillers" line. Is that something that's a reference for something later on, or just a mention? I ask because that seems kind of weird. Not to mention it must hurt. I had all of my top teeth removed about four years ago, and my parents forgot to give me my first pain pill. That was a mistake no one made again Razz If I was just off a few hours it hurt unbearably, I can't imagine what all that damage must feel like with no meds!
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:15 am

Shayde: Oh, thank you! Yes, I do agree the first entry was a little long and kind of blah. We kind of didn't notice that until after we posted it. I assure you they won't be that long ever again. XD
Vohn: Thank you! I really do love Chris. He's such a sweetheart. And.. uhh, I'm pretty sure its just a mention. I didn't really notice that line myself, to be honest. Insider alert! Everything we say is improvised. We don't really have a set script, so whatever comes out, we roll with it. That's the beautiful thing about this. xD

Okay, so I'm the double-posting queen. But I have to say this:
I'm leaving for a 5-day trip later today. There will still be posts even when I'm gone. I'll update everything when I get back. If you have any questions, please contact Mennos. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Cool, that's how my friend and I have decided to do our series. It's probably a bad idea for me because in the first episode I believe I say "Uhhhh" about 5000 times. No wonder your dialogue sounds so natural! It's pretty neat to learn stuff like that Very Happy Enjoy your trip!
Back to top Go down
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken
Machine Gun Cynic

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Enjoy yer trip, NE.

Also I noticed that Skye managed to get torn soft tissue in her knee, I did that once, quite uncomfortable, feel for the character.
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Pertaining to the programs I use: Videopad, Wavepad, ToneGenerator (or something like that), and Audacity. I've been debating on getting Vegas, I know I should atleast get a trial of it.
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:03 am

Thank you! I have been looking for something like this for a looong time! I might use it instead of trying to save up for Vegas, at least for a while! If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference between using Audacity and Wavepad? At a glance, it kind of seemed like one negated the use of the other.

Edit: I can tell I'm getting older because after fiddling with this thing and watching youtube tutorials, I have decided that I just want to find a large stick, beat my computer with it, and decide if the results are any better.

Seriously, if I split a clip, it either disappears or makes a duplicate clip of the entire movie behind the other one, and I can't figure out how to effect audio to one clip and I can't seem to get it to make just a tiny clip that I can move around andaafahaojfaofjoiabheoaeoijgoaijoijf. I'll check it out again when I'm less tired.
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:31 am

Audacity has more sound samples, such as the 'white noise' effect. That's honestly all I use it for. Haha. I had troubles with all those programs at first, it was really obnoxious. I could make a tutorial if you would like. I doubt it will be the best, but it's worth a shot, I suppose?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheUndecidedFive   TheUndecidedFive - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TheUndecidedFive
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Fear Mythos :: Finished Series-
Jump to: