Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

OneHundredYardStare

Go down 
+29
Picklen'UrSickel
Hectic_Eugene
Etreo
Packfong
quofomo
Hooligan Spirit
andywarski
7brokenboundaries
pipparose
SadDevil
SunshineShadows
Adoku
Lumine
The Slenderfreak
KillstheBeat
longforevers
ramenninja13
TailsFoxy
Slendercles
BananaBrains
Illyrias_Acolyte
Sage
NanaEmeralds
punxtr
flowerpower
vagabondloser
Vohn_exel
FreedomCaged
sethlapod555
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:32 pm

BananaBrains wrote:

But I agree, I'd like to see some character development or be given reasons to get emotionally attached to the characters. I know they seem focused on making sure there's some action in every video, but constant panic and terror makes for kind of a one-trick pony.

I see it different, i like that style, it´s quite unique and fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
flowerpower
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:15 pm

BananaBrains wrote:

Spoiler:

But I agree, I'd like to see some character development or be given reasons to get emotionally attached to the characters. I know they seem focused on making sure there's some action in every video, but constant panic and terror makes for kind of a one-trick pony.

I don't consider it a "one trick pony" at all. I think the variation from other series is more refreshing than boring. I mean honestly the short, quick, action-packed videos are an easy watch that also keep me on the edge of my seat. Which is important because if they didn't try to action up the few minutes or seconds of each video, I think it wouldn't be near as good. Also, the action is never the same to me, what is going on is never the same, so I think it changes well enough. As for this week's episode. It looks like somethings are getting answered, I do believe the anti-body is the key to the plot. Also, it seems like the "protection" symbols aren't what they seem to be.
Back to top Go down
punxtr
Untainted

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:32 pm

I'll be honest here, none of their videos have ever put me on the edge of my seat because I barely care about any of the characters so far. Their videos are fine, but they don't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:10 am

Opinionated blather, feel free to disregard:
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 5:29 am

BananaBrains wrote:
Opinionated blather, feel free to disregard:

Hmm but maybe it was never ment to have beef on this burger, but chicken instead? Wink
Back to top Go down
ramenninja13
Untainted
ramenninja13

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Good series in my opinion, but could be better.

I love the fact that it is different, and that in every video there is some action. Although it can be a bit annoying to be like "BAM, SLENDERMAN!" In just about every video, but it keeps things from getting boring.

I wish there would just be a small breather though, just to learn a little more backstory, especially on Ellie. She already knew about this before the others so she obviously has some type of story to go along with this.

It would also be nice to connect to the characters a bit, gives me a lot to think about.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 pm

MFW Sixteen

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
longforevers
Untainted
longforevers

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:37 pm

A physically dominant guy in a hoody and gas mask, wearing surgical gloves who claims that the Slender Man, and anyone associated with said Slender Man is an infection/ infected... hmmm this sounds familiar...
Back to top Go down
ramenninja13
Untainted
ramenninja13

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:39 pm

longforevers wrote:
A physically dominant guy in a hoody and gas mask, wearing surgical gloves who claims that the Slender Man, and anyone associated with said Slender Man is an infection/ infected... hmmm this sounds familiar...

It does, could it be from another series or something? I can't really think of anything right now but it does sound quite familiar...
Back to top Go down
KillstheBeat
Observer
KillstheBeat

Current Win Points : 44

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:34 pm

ramenninja13 wrote:
longforevers wrote:
It does, could it be from another series or something? I can't really think of anything right now but it does sound quite familiar...
I'm 99% sure that's a CNS reference :3

Spoiler:
That aside, I'm probably the most interested in this guy as of right now, though it's interesting watching the girls' story develop as well. I don't care much for the Operator symbol being involved, but I'm hoping they're able to put a more interesting spin on it than what's already out there at the moment. I do agree that more character/story depth would be nice, but I'm really hoping that'll come with time since everything else seems pretty quality thus far!
Back to top Go down
ramenninja13
Untainted
ramenninja13

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:22 pm

KillstheBeat wrote:
ramenninja13 wrote:
longforevers wrote:
I'm 99% sure that's a CNS reference :3

Spoiler:
That aside, I'm probably the most interested in this guy as of right now, though it's interesting watching the girls' story develop as well. I don't care much for the Operator symbol being involved, but I'm hoping they're able to put a more interesting spin on it than what's already out there at the moment. I do agree that more character/story depth would be nice, but I'm really hoping that'll come with time since everything else seems pretty quality thus far!

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering about the guy. He seems pretty interesting and I wanna see what's up with him. I'm kind of hoping they do show some backstory in time, I kind of enjoy finding out those types of things and learning about the characters. It sucks me into the whole story a bit more, giving me more to think about Smile
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:16 am

Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:39 am

I just have a problem with this series right now: I don't like how it's just so dramatic all the time. There's no point in the series so far where everything is calm, or casual.

For example, EverymanHYBRID has points where they are just hanging out, visiting people, uncovering mysteries, answering questions, and nothing dramatic happens. If 100YS would have some of these moments, it would be a bit easier to watch, but I still enjoy this series.
Back to top Go down
KillstheBeat
Observer
KillstheBeat

Current Win Points : 44

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:27 am

sethlapod555 wrote:
I just have a problem with this series right now: I don't like how it's just so dramatic all the time. There's no point in the series so far where everything is calm, or casual.
A couple of breather videos would be amazing, and they'd be great for exposition. At the same time, I'd really love more variation in the more fast-paced videos, too. As fearful as the girls are of Slendy, I don't think we've ever really seen him do much, which is sort of why I'm less inclined to be afraid of him/for the characters. We know they're afraid, but we don't really know why, and for the most part, I haven't found any reason to be scared yet. They've certainly got the mystery aspect of the series down pat, but I kind of wish there was more horror.
Back to top Go down
ramenninja13
Untainted
ramenninja13

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:49 am

KillstheBeat wrote:
sethlapod555 wrote:
A couple of breather videos would be amazing, and they'd be great for exposition. At the same time, I'd really love more variation in the more fast-paced videos, too. As fearful as the girls are of Slendy, I don't think we've ever really seen him do much, which is sort of why I'm less inclined to be afraid of him/for the characters. We know they're afraid, but we don't really know why, and for the most part, I haven't found any reason to be scared yet. They've certainly got the mystery aspect of the series down pat, but I kind of wish there was more horror.
I completely agree. As interested as I am of the girls and the whole mystery aspect, it's the horrow that draws me in,which the series is lacking it a little in...
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:55 am

Spoiler:

OOG:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:40 pm

My God.

That was awesome.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:56 pm

[color=red]Who knows, Sethlapod. Who knows. I'm enjoying that someone is actually going out and trying this, and good for them. I agree with a lot of other people-I just don't care about the characters. I mean, it sucks that Slendy's after them, but really, We know nothing about the characters, except that Elle (who, by the way, ever so slightly reminds me of Number 6 from Battlestar Galactica) has dealt with this longer than the other characters, The Archangel isn't really the Archangel (and if he is wtf?). I commend these guys for putting this up and filming, but they need to improve their game if they're gonna keep doing this. I think that Elle and the Archangel (I'm just calling him that because he looks like the Archangel) are doing a pretty good job at acting (there's a few times when they both seem a bit unbelievable), but I think that they need to watch the big three for good reference. I hope that they'd be open to criticism and that they'd listen to people's tips on how to improve. /color]
Back to top Go down
flowerpower
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:07 am

To me this seems like one big planned trap. After I watched this last one, I went back and looked at all the others and had to give them a good hand, even with the lack of character. I almost think it was on purpose, I mean. If the only reason they uploaded the videos was to infect the audience...what was the point in doing anything but the important details? Also, there appears to be a significant time lapse between 17 and 18, look at Elllie's hair. The others pressured her into uploading the videos, or at least that is what I got. I DO hope I get to see more from these ladies and gents, keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:06 pm

The Slenderfreak wrote:
The Archangel isn't really the Archangel (and if he is wtf?).

He's either been a proxy or another crazed runner like the rest of them. I've taken to calling him Antibody since that's what he seems to call himself. Maybe prolonged exposure to Slendy makes you descend through levels of crazy? He certainly seems to be ahead of the girls there.

Anyways, flowerpower, I would think that she was only pressured into uploading this video. That would explain the delay (chalked up to her hesitancy, or maybe she was looking for an opportune time to get away from the others long enough to upload it). The only reason I can think she would have posted that is because of remorse? I don't really understand any other reason she would confess to having "trapped" the viewers.

However, now that we've been hooked with the "important details", I have a little hope left that maybe season 2 will be more thoroughly fleshed out. And even if not, it's still fairly entertaining slender-fluff. :]
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:35 pm

That is a great point, flowerpower. I hadn't thought of that. I'm now excited for season 2. now my only complaint is that I can kinda tell that Sleny's a fake. really, I'm interested in Antibody's role in all of this. It'll be interesting to see how he plays into all of this.
Back to top Go down
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:49 am

This is a vlog that definitely deserves the attention of anyone who wants to see something original and professionally done.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
punxtr
Untainted

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:44 am

Mostly professionally done, less original.
Back to top Go down
flowerpower
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:27 pm

punxtr wrote:

I can't say I agree. I think their idea seems orginal, that is to say, I haven't really found anything quite like it in watching other slendervlogs. I'm sure you could counter that I am wrong, but really, the way they handle what Slenderman is and does, and the Antibody (who I still can't figure out) it has a nice ring of originality. But I'm a novice who just really happened to enjoy this series, so maybe I'm just partial.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:39 pm

punxtr wrote:

I'd have to agree and disagree on the originality point. The theme of their series feels original enough, but the whole "infection" concept isn't exactly original. MLAndersen0 uses a "virus" concept, which is extremely similar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OneHundredYardStare   OneHundredYardStare - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OneHundredYardStare
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Video Series Trailheads-
Jump to: