Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Vivi Finally Watches MH

Go down 
+31
ExorcistGamer
Blue Eyes
Apples
CheckersValentine
franchaks2
Sachael
Konaa
Hallow Sleeper
Malus
guitargler
Creepturtle
Erratic
Shayde
Hither-Thither
Nedark
AdmirableJellyfish
LisaEvermore
Mewiththeface
PARADOX intent
Mr. Jeebles
BlackWolf
gryugglpuff31
Satyrcynic
Bloodshade
bilo
Zander
Hellebore
Zhanro
Cyber
WhiteWolf
Vivi
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

Vivi Finally Watches MH Empty
PostSubject: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:35 pm

This is the re-post/archive/compilation AND continuation of my widely well received "VFW MH" thread that began November 11th 2010 and had 987 Views as of December 11th 2010. All red text from here on out are either Titles/URLs or new notes made with this update. Thank you!
~~~

As many of you probably know, I'm a pretty die-hard Slenderman fan... Who got on that boat just as Marble Hornets was ending. I've been telling myself that I'd get around to it for months upon months. Somehow I just kept putting it off. But ladies and gentlemen, the time has finally come for

VIVI FINALLY WATCHING MARBLE HORNETS

In this thread, I will post my feelings, reactions and thoughts to each entry as I watch them for the first time. How they match up to my own expectations and conception of the Slenderman mythos as I know it. (I plan to watch one or maybe two videos a day in order to keep my own interest and anticipation up.)

Questions, discussions and requests for things I should talk about are welcome. It's not every day that someone already so engrossed in a fandom actually experiences it for the first time, so I thought I'd share the experience with you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Here I am in my room, lights turned off, the dull roar of traffic mingling with the bleats of crickets outside my window, pale blue lamplight casting shadows around me. Enough ambiance? Good, cause here I go, pressing play.
(These posts might be best enjoyed while re-watching these along with me.)

My Notepad
First I have to note that i like how the background noise at the beginning is actually kind of pleasant to hear, which is rare.
Nice camera quality, this really does seem like it deserves its reputation so far.
"Burn them" OSHIT
Okay, so Alex is in another school, and out of the picture at the moment for this part.
Why would you want the tapes if they unnerved you, dude?!
Oh, so all these entries are possibly going to be out of order, somewhat disappointed.
Who is "I"?

Overall: Looking quite good and want to continue, since there is so little to go on so far. I am most definitely intrigued.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Observer
WhiteWolf

Current Win Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:56 pm

It's good to see you put this up here. I'd hate to see all your hard work with this little project go to waste.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:58 pm

I felt like I needed more, so this is the last one for tonight.

My Notepad
Random shot of scrambling about... and then something i couldnt make out.. seems a tad out of place.
Well hell.
Seriously awesome choreographed sighting.
Maybe I'd be a little more creeped if I hadn't inadvertently seen this section of the clip before.
I'm almost surprised they went out and brought out the big guns so soon. its a ballsy move, but I like it.
Maybe I'm a little hung up on this, but since I frequently purposefully averted my eyes from posts about MH, I really wouldve wanted an introduction of who our narrator is here. I don't even know this guy's name.

Overall:
Still impressed, but kinda wish these clips were longer. (Pretty sure they get longer along the way though) Also, my beef with the narrator.

That's enough for tonight, awaiting input/discussion.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:00 pm

WhiteWolf wrote:
It's good to see you put this up here. I'd hate to see all your hard work with this little project go to waste.
But of course, I only did all of it for you guys, no sense in letting it dissapear!
Thanks for the support.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Day Number 2 into my MH viewing endeavor. The sun is down, the lights turned low, let's get this parted started!

My Notepad
Ominous road, just the glint of shine from the signs on the side of the road are making me a tad wary.
Alex has a pleasant enough voice.
A dog freaking out over slendy... the idea of that creeps me out due to some recurring dreams I have.
Ahh no, don't pull over!
"So I guess he's moved on" *huge sigh of relief*
Half expecting to get psyched out and see some freakyness.
Ah no, no freaky here.
Yep Mr Narrator, seems he had/has a bad case of the slendermans.

Overall: I might just be stringing myself up all by myself, but I like the underlying tension, acting isn't bad at all, the pacing is going quite well. No complaints from me.

Onward!
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:14 pm

To quote Daft Punk, "One more time!"
My Notepad
Oho- can someone say paranoid slendy surveillance~?
>crotch shot
I cant help but smile at this being the first time we SEE Alex. How promising.
Pretty ordinary... seems a little tense maybe.
THEM TREES. (ooh sunset)
Some film/batteries for camera, I assume. He's probably using up a lot.
I am now expecting something horrible to happen beyond that window.
Disappoint.
MORE TREES.
THAT WINDOW.
But nothing comes of it, think they're just leaves.
Cementing the idea of feeling watched/followed/stalked, very nice.

Overall: Some underlying theme development, nothing too tremendous for me to comment on, but I can surely see where this is going, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:16 pm

The sun has set kind of early today, I was outside watching it; for some reason seeing the sun dissapear is always such an inherently creepy feeling to me, way more creepy than pitch black.

But now it IS quite black outside... You know what time it is~

My Notepad

Why is there never any audio?!
Its always even creepier to me that way *insert expression of despair*
A playground, of courrrrse.
ooo, did we interrupt somebody on the swings?
SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT
NO, DONT STOP, KEEP RUNNING
The way he was walking, does that mean the whole time slendy was circling around Alex? gahhhh!
But why would ALEX remove the sound, narrator? what the two clips have in common is the tall man.

Overall:
Great great great stuff, I felt what seemed like my heart bouncing like a rubber ball inside my chest cavity once or twice. They really know what they're doing and how to film things JUST right. Its no surprise to me that I recall the makers of MH are ACTUAL film students.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Last one was kinda short, so why not do another while I'm still riding on the waves of fear.

My Notepad
Mein gott, them woods.
[Pause] I have half a feeling that any SM ARG PM (wow that was a lot of acronyms) should know better than to place a conversation taking place in front of the backdrop of the woods since its so distracting and you cant help but scan the woods more than you pay attention to the dialogue, but it also gives me a feeling that was the point, so I guess it's excusable. Builds tension anyway.
THE BIRTH OF SLENDY DISTORTION
Although, I'm not seeing any hint of him, maybe I'm missing it. *is really bad at this*
Okay, a clearing, much less brush, this is a little more reassuring.
>"Fire departme-"
Throwbacks to SA thread, IC WUT U DID THAR
That fumbling clip that always ends up in a yellow-lit room is similar to that other one. Reminds me of bathroom lighting.
OH, it WAS the same clip, and this is a recap.
Yep, rips and tears.

Overall: A definitely solid ARG-building-up-video, my impressions and feelings remain very much the same.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Today's been kinda stressful, so purely in order for me to keep up my pace, only 1 viewing today. It's a short one, but I imagine you peeps won't mind.

My Notepad

WOAH man, Slendy's just doing circles around the guy's house if this is a continuation. I'm utterly shocked that Alex survived that scene in order to give these tapes to our narrator.

Overall: I'm just so impressed at how many actual focused slendy-sightings there have been so far in this ARG, densely packed into nearly each entry, and how they still manage to be frightening and not cheesey in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Cyber
Stalked
Cyber

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Glad this'll carry over.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/Thlowe
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:39 pm

There may POSSIBLY be a post late late tonight, but don't expect it; I seem to have suddenly become busy o_o

My Notepad
Awkward amateur movie filming with lame scripts, awww, this reminds me of middle school :]
So cheesey, and yet believable for the same reason.
hakdlshjlaslaksjdklsd
[pause] SHIT SHIT THIS IS BRILLIANT
YES, RUN ALEX, DRIVE AWAY
That little snippet after theyre "not in character" I like, it was very believable
Someone?! are you not seeing that dude in the suit with a tentacle for an arm?!

Overall: The choreography is amazing, the placement of SM was just far enough away to be credible, and yet when Brian guy stretched back, your eyes shoot directly where they're supposed to be. Skillful, downright skillful.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm

You know what time it is- Let's go!

My Notepad
Slendy scribble mural~ bahaha, the madness begins. or began.
So THAT's that yellowy thing I've seen before. Its a lamp.
So i guess he just cowers in the darkness for a while after that.

Overall: A nice little piece of character/paranoia building. Short and sweet, but everything you need to get the point.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Once more.

My Notepad

You're damn right you havent. I don't think I've seen anyone scribble in such a creepy manner in my life, scribbling is supposed to be a happy activity.
Please tell me this part of the student film MH, and not the arg MH.
Ah thank god, even "Alex" the character can spot bad acting.
Annoying children >_<
Oooh, somebody's feeling a tad testy.
OH WAIT, CHILDREN (cue "I see what you did there" and paranoid forest scanning)
Holy crackers, this is good, really good, i legitimately feel like Alex is being a total dick now.
I semi wish there had been snippets of Alex being an everyday nice guy before so I could see the contrast, but I can totally jive with the idea of Slendy making him so upset.

Overall:
It was surprisingly immersive, I'm definitely a fan so far.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:56 pm

A bonus ToTheArk viewing.

My Notepad
SLASH RECTANGLES.
I moved my face closer to the screen and half expected a screamer.
Oddly I feel let down that I didnt get one.

Overall:
Kind of an "Uhh, okay" reaction, if i didnt know better... I would've pretty much rolled my eyes and went along on my merry way.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Sorry I'm a little late tonight guys, I was catching up on my TV shows and time slipped me by.

My Notepad
A running-through-the-forest scene; these always end well.
I really hope I'm not supposed to be seeing anything freaky, cause I've so far caught nothing out of the ordinary.
HAH, I SPOKE TOO SOON
How on earth did he survive THIS shit?!

Overall: (This was originally a ramble I went on in my notepad, but it makes for a good "Overall" today) You know, after being more acquainted with the original SM picture threads where you have to LOOK pretty hard to see him, and similar args that arent so blatant, on some level I'm slightly wary of the fact that MH has been pretty "You'll know him when you see him" in regards to SM. Not to say that it isnt beautifully choreographed, it is, but if I didnt know about MH's following and the overwhelming positive reviews, (opinion) I'd be a little concerned it wasn't done in entirely the correct "spirit" as I'd imagine Slenderman to be in. (/opinion) Regardless, I'm still highly enjoying it so far.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:01 am

Sorry I'm a little late tonight guys, I was catching up on my TV shows and time slipped me by.

My Notepad
Writing this out in order for my own sanity:
"Lakes In Stillnesss will Take Every life of the Night"
I actually caught onto the capital letters spelling out LISTEN before noticing the comment section, but a fat lot of good that does me with such a vague message.
The urgent leaf rustles on a video right after that wood-chase leads me to believe that this TTA fellow might've been in the woods with Alex and Mr. Thin that night. Or is, at least, frequently in the woods. At Night. Of course.

Overall: What's there to say about TTA? Not too much at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Zhanro
Untainted
Zhanro

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:27 am

I couldn't sleep for a week straight after Marble Hornets. I showed my friends it. They agreed.

Then like, we got a WHOOLLEE bunch of kids into Slenderman, and it was just, woah. I felt like a god.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 am

What with all this SNARG hooplah, I got quite distracted. I really try to get to VFW:MH at about 7:30 each night, but I'm not always successful.

My Notepad
I can already tell by the description that this is gonna be good.
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS, HOORAY!
I just have to mention how much i love that slendy mural.
Didnt notice anything out the window myself...
Ohkay.. that was much less ACTUAL slendy than I expected, since I figured that I had probably missed something outside the window that Alex missed as well,(and was about to rewind it) but my jaw still dropped a bit when i saw how they ACTUALLY did it
The ruffle of the paper due to motion was a nice touch.

Overall:
This is just great, SM is inviting himself into his HOUSE now. This is truly a wonderful series so far, because i can feel the slow progression creeping up, but not without the pleasant sprinklings of stopping to smell the paranoid roses and drink the slendy-sightings coffee all throughout.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:31 am

Obligatory TTA viewing, since most of these seem to be done in the spirit of a reply to the last Marble Hornets video.

My Notepad
You're lost?
You're watched?
Your loss?
Your watts?
Thats what it SOUNDS like, but it also sounds like its been played backward,
Ahhhh, "Watching You"
Maybe it WAS reversed, but picked out because it sounds like that when played backward.
I'm too lazy too open up audacity and find out, but just the sounds of "SK" then "EH" then "R/L/W" then "AH" should sound something like "Alex" is spoken backward.
How convenient.

Overall: Slightly better ToTheArk-age, certainly adds to the atmosphere, and gives you a reason to interact/try and decode it, but so far, there still hasn't been much truly said about who this bloke is or what he's trying to accomplish.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:33 am

My Notepad
If he's acting more normal, I assume this is probably a bit earlier on in the story.
I just know something bad is going to happen by the opening shot though.
FFF abrupt distortion make me jump D:
ogod i knew it
wait, they just called slendy tim? or like falsely assumed it was a friend of theirs.
And starts walking TOWARD him of all things.
How convenient. (this is slowly becoming my catchphrase)
YEAH, I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT SLENDY IS DOING TOO, LADY.

Overall: Short and sweet, and creepy as shit of course. I'm quite anxious to see the damage/results of this scene in a later entry.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:36 am

Maybe I'm weird but my gut reaction to the title was saying aloud "I really hope that there arent going to be religious overtones to this ARG that people failed to mention."

My Notepad
Once again, typing out the video contents for my own sanity.
begin
26 zeros.
64 zeros.
128 zeros.
A fuck ton of zeros.
(Why yes, I DO have OCD and must count everything. well.. nearly everything.)
rainy rainy.. normally i like the sound of rain but that noise is unnerving.
THEREWASMRE
Either one of these zeros was really an O,
"There was more"
Or they're trying to do a play on words
"There was Mr. E" = "There was mystery"
OR they intended for the double meaning.

Overall: As of now all the TTA videos have a sort of "moral" I guess. A short little phrase or snippet that TTA seems keen on having the viewer, or at the very least the guy posting Alex's videos, (Jay, right?) know.
So far they don't make much sense all put together, but I'm still enjoying having to piece each of them video by video regardless of the un-substantiated ominous-ness of the guy who runs the TTA channel. I love a good riddle/puzzle, and so far, so good.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:37 am

My Notepad
Not much to say.. random dialogue..
Aha- our first operator symbol!
Looks like some abandoned house
Either they just threw in distortion for the hell of it, or for the first time I can't spot the Slendy in MH, even with plentiful video-pausing,
OH nevermind, he's in that other yard.
Run~!
HOLY CRACKERS
Best example of SM flat out teleporting on you I've ever seen in video form.
THE BEST.
I felt my heart leap; even though i know SM can do that, i just havent seen anyone try and pull it off before, so unexpected in the best way possible

Overall: At this point, I'm just a broken record shouting ravenously, "MORE!" (even though theres a teeny voice in my head wondering how psychologically strong can a single person be, seeing HIM this much and having survived without... HOLY SHIT, At the moment, I think Alex himself is TTA.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:39 am

Total side-note, but the URL in the link for this video is creepy by itself.

My Notepad
Thank you comments section for deciphering that the beginning stuff spells out "The Operator"
TTA, you naughty boy, stalking isn't nice.
Also, well my idea that TTA was Alex went out the window real fast.
I mean, technically could be, since all the video we're seeing now took place like a year ago in the story like, and that Alex is all TTA-y now and that this videotape is the work of another creeper e'ntirely, BUT it is infinitely less probable. I still think that there's almost no way Alex ISN'T a possessed guy now though.
"WHEREIS THEARK"
Caught that one, but hell if that aint cryptic.

Overall: Well now that we know that ToTheArk is if not working WITH Slendy, takes some sort of pleasure out of stalking the people who are victims of him. I consider this the point where TTA can no longer be considered a possible gamejack. Things have become infinitely more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:41 am

*Sings about "The slenderhead known as Vivi" to the tune of "The horseman known as Zorro"*
That should be my intro^

My Notepad
I'm glad our narrator/jay/guy posting these clips gave us some time to sit and stare at the opening shot a while because it took my a while to gather that it was a doorway and not some sort of metal beam in a basement of some sort.
The next few moments following my writing of the above^ were characterized by me shooting way into the back of my chair, and possibly squeaking. That arm is absofuckinglutely perfect. The height is also amazingly shot.
I cant figure out if slendy turned off the camera entirely and it was turned on later, or if Alex immediately woke up, turning on the lights and slendy teleported.
Dude, how do you so calmly fix the door?! you KNOW what happened!
oh shit, oh SHIT.
HE'S SO LOSING IT, you can see it in his EYES, man!
About time, Mr Narrator!
Get ready to be slenderized.

Overall: That was amazing, the bleeding was shocking at first, which is exactly what this clip needed following such a scene, but after a moment, you wonder a little what's up with such a weird headwound. Either way, my expectations nor excitement has not dwindled one bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vivi Finally Watches MH   Vivi Finally Watches MH Empty

Back to top Go down

Vivi Finally Watches MH
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next