Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

New series getting lost?

Go down 
+4
SadDevil
Zetto1995
TheFallenenvoy
from.the.deep
8 posters
AuthorMessage
from.the.deep
Untainted
from.the.deep

Current Win Points : 0

New series getting lost? Empty
PostSubject: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:56 am

I'm interested on hearing people's opinions on series that are relatively new. There just seem to be so many vlogs out there. Like a ton. All of them have widely varying quality in terms of story, acting, tension, blah blah blah...

So do you think new vlogs get swallowed up in the current cloud? If a vlog emerged that was equal to or better than the 'big three' would it get the credit it deserved? Or are there just too many to care about now?
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:05 am

They don't get much credit at all. for example I think stanfrederick is, in terms of scares and plot (if you get through the first 8 entries or so) on the same level as tribetwelve...but as it's a "4th generation" vlog, it will probably never hit 200 subscribers.

I was lucky that my first series was a "third generation" vlog...so it managed about 300 subscribers...but my current series, being a lot newer, will probably never reach that despite the quality of production being dramatically improved.
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Shit man, I wish that stuff like that did not happen. It's kinda discouraging to know that no matter how good your work is it may never even hit 100 subscribers. Sad I wish something could be done to stop new vlogs getting hurt be the shadow of first gen works.
Back to top Go down
http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Well we could act like every vlog we watch is a REALLY big deal. Not sure if that would work.. but yeah. Treat every vlog you like, like it was marble hornets.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KriptsTale
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:02 pm

SadDevil wrote:
Well we could act like every vlog we watch is a REALLY big deal. Not sure if that would work.. but yeah. Treat every vlog you like, like it was marble hornets.
That could work man, Next time I watch a good vlog I will try it.
Back to top Go down
from.the.deep
Untainted
from.the.deep

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:37 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
They don't get much credit at all. for example I think stanfrederick is, in terms of scares and plot (if you get through the first 8 entries or so) on the same level as tribetwelve...but as it's a "4th generation" vlog, it will probably never hit 200 subscribers.

I was lucky that my first series was a "third generation" vlog...so it managed about 300 subscribers...but my current series, being a lot newer, will probably never reach that despite the quality of production being dramatically improved.

And you think the problem is there simply being to many? Or individuals simply not promoting their products enough. Series don't really promote themselves, especially on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Just wait, once the big three are over the fanbase will either pool into the new vlogs or they'll disappear. I'm hoping the 1st.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
StoneyShore
Untainted
StoneyShore

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:18 pm

I do hope new series aren't being completely swallowed up, as I'm working on one of my own at the moment. I think if it's independent enough, it could happen. I think it just needs to be good enough for people to talk about and unique and engaging enough to keep people interested. Also, I guess it needs to advertise just a little. And personally, I'm more a fan of IG advertising than OOG. It does the same thing, it's just that OOG advertising and such seems more needy.
Back to top Go down
Osiris
Untainted
Osiris

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:45 pm

There are a few ways that smaller series could get looks. If people would spend some of their down-time in the increasingly long waits between TT, EMH, and MLA videos checking out other series, it would help. If people tried to engage in discussions about the smaller series on these forums, it would help. If the creators of bigger series used their platform to give plugs to the smaller series, it would help. If people understood some of the unique things about smaller series that makes them worth watching, it could help. I think people using the power of tumblr and other sites to promote smaller series could really have an effect.

It is up to both the creator and the audience to spread the word. With the creator being a little limited with maintaining immersion, some of the burden falls on the audience, and a lot of the audience will just watch an update from a small series, then check for updates on EMH or TT before doing something else with their day.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/OsirisChronicles
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:19 pm

I agree with everything Osiris said. I do wish there was more discussion about new series on here, I try to check out new things when I can so that I can help facilitate this kind of interaction. But sometimes I'll see things like "I can't believe there wasn't already a trailhead about this series", and that strikes me as a counter-intuitive comment. This forum exists for people to discuss series, and anyone, even the creator of their own series, is allowed to post a link to something that's not already up here. Chances are, if it's not here, it's because we don't even know about it!

We really want to encourage people to post and discuss new series, so please, if you know of a series without a thread on this forum, by all means make one for it! We want people to spread the word, but that requires a little viewer participation.

After all, what's going to happen when the big 3 end? Are people just going to dissipate away from the Slenderverse because all they knew is gone? I certainly hope not. We need people to get into newer series, and encourage new creators. Goodness knows there's already a wealth of things to watch in between updates from "major" vlogs, the problem is getting people to actually watch them and realize there's a lot more to it than the main series.

tl;dr find a new series? POST, PEOPLE, POST!!
Back to top Go down
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Promotion is quite a problem in the slenderverse. At least it was for me. I started it doing the series for my friends, then it got popular-ish, and I went crazy trying to satisfy everyone. Now I just do the series for myself, and to tell a story.

But as for promotion.. We should have like an ARG amazon.com... Slenderzon! In which you put in what series you enjoy, and Slenderzon will suggest new series to look into.
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:58 am

SadDevil wrote:
Promotion is quite a problem in the slenderverse. At least it was for me. I started it doing the series for my friends, then it got popular-ish, and I went crazy trying to satisfy everyone. Now I just do the series for myself, and to tell a story.

But as for promotion.. We should have like an ARG amazon.com... Slenderzon! In which you put in what series you enjoy, and Slenderzon will suggest new series to look into.
Cool idea man, But I don't think it will work. It would take a lot of programming and would need a shitload of information to make it work.
Back to top Go down
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Hey, but I can dream... Lol
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 pm

@SadDevil: Of course you can dream, I think that it's a good idea and I would love to see it made real, The only problem is that it can't be done. Anyway, Sorry for being a killjoy but that's just me man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New series getting lost?   New series getting lost? Empty

Back to top Go down

New series getting lost?
Page 1 of 1