Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Suggestions/help for a slenderblogger

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chsctrl
Untainted
Chsctrl

Current Win Points : 0

Suggestions/help for a slenderblogger Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions/help for a slenderblogger   Suggestions/help for a slenderblogger EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:00 am

Hello to everyone reading this.

As you can guess from the title, I write a slenderblog. I only consider myself an aspiring writer despite the large chunk of entries in my blog. The reason I'm posting is because I've run into a problem with my blog. I have a bunch of original ideas that I want to bring in, but
unfortunately the lead up required borrowing some aspects from other
slenderverses.

My issue revolves on a few aspects used by the big 3. In particular the use of the term "session" and the concept of a large quantity of "proxy" like characters as used by Tribe Twelve, The entity HABIT and The Seven Trials, as well as The Rake from EMH. Just to name a few already stated in my blog.

In my slenderverse however I treat these aspects quite differently from their original counterparts. The term session though undefined in TT will most likely be different from my own concept of a "session". My large quantity of "Proxy" characters also serves a different purpose sharing only a similarity of working for/with The Slender Man. HABIT and The Rake are essentially the same as their original counterparts in that they share a relation of some sort, however, it is likely that the relation will be quite different in my own blog. The only aspect that I will admit to utilizing a fair bit is The Seven Trials and this was only in the case of certain aspects like the Rabbit teams and about 3 trials. There are also several other aspects that I intend to bring in, though like these they will be interpreted differently.

So my what I'm looking for is some feedback and suggestions on what you think I should do. I've already established these aspects as part of my slenderverse so I simply cannot go back and remove them. At the same time it's discouraging to hear people say that I can't come up with anything original when I try to reinvent existing aspects.

So do I just ignore the haters and keep on writing or start over from scratch?

P.S. Sorry for the length of the post. I just wanted to explain my situation as best as I could.
Back to top Go down
http://wakinginnightmares.tumblr.com/

Suggestions/help for a slenderblogger
Page 1 of 1