Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

An update regarding Spencelight (aka Redlight 2.0)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spazz
Untainted

Current Win Points : 11

An update regarding Spencelight (aka Redlight 2.0) Empty
PostSubject: An update regarding Spencelight (aka Redlight 2.0)   An update regarding Spencelight (aka Redlight 2.0) EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 am

Apologies in advance for the horribly self indulgent title, but I didn't really know what else to label this as. So hey guys, this is Spazz, also known as the writer for Spencelight, also known as the person who ran Return to Slender.

I've been avoiding this for a good long time, but here's the TL;DR: I've burnt out in the worst kind of way and I don't think I'm coming back to the 'verse. It was fun running Spencelight, but really taxing. So I'm deciding to make him open source,. I'd very much appreciate if anyone who decides to use him makes an effort to avoid mentioning (or trying to build upon) Return to Slender canon, but, well, if you need him, use him.

If you need help, or ideas, or just want to chat, feel free to shoot me a PM. But otherwise, I think I'm done here for a good while.

And here's the longer version; I'm really sorry guys. It was probably wrong to bring Red back in the first place, and I guess I bit off more than I could chew. That, combined with some drama that just wore me down... my creativity went into a hole to die. And maybe I could've kept on going - but if my work isn't top quality, I always feel it's not worth publishing. All that combined with the fact that I really need to focus on my first year of university means that I felt it was finally time to let go and let Red fall back into the hands of those who will use him. But all that is just me making excuses. I'm sorry if I've disappointed any of you and I deserve any scorn I get.

You guys have been awesome.

Best of luck.

(and if this is in the wrong section or I've done something terribly wrong or I really just need to take out everything but the TL;DR let me know.)
Back to top Go down

An update regarding Spencelight (aka Redlight 2.0)
Page 1 of 1