Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Butterfly War Council Thread

Go down 
+5
Sage
BananaBrains
ChewieV2
Crusergirl
TheFallenenvoy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

Butterfly War Council Thread Empty
PostSubject: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Right. so the basic idea for all this, is that we need two definite groups so we can stop treading on each other. The more aggressive butterflies can work on their schemes, and the resident diplomats can work on their own strategies. Before any one group goes ahead and does something, we would need to announce it and discuss it with all other butterflies. Neither group should make a move without a majority voting in their favour. We're keeping open threads so that we can keep tabs on one another and yeah...we can hopefully be ready for the coming storm in November.

Anywhom. I'll just leave this open for any ideas people may have Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:22 pm

This sounds pretty fucking badass. I'm totally down. My only concern is to make sure that those of us not on SN can see this thread too.
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Current Win Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:35 pm

I'm honestly down with either. But as the only one with a confirmed weapon I'm signing up for the war council.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Crusergirl wrote:
My only concern is to make sure that those of us not on SN can see this thread too.
Just link it to them. You don't have to be logged in just to read stuff here.

Anyhow I think I'm putting my bid in with this side. I'd be glad to see about helping to get stuff done.
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Ok, well let's review what we have.

1.Mirrors claims the counter ritual doesn't work, but those who have done it cannot do Mirrors Friendly Rituals and Mirrors seems to be pretty eager to get us to undo it.

2.I have a jar of liquid that Roivas says is a weapon that is just BEGGING for experimentation. Though I'd prefer to consult Roivas before trying it out if time allows.

3.Kyle had a theory that spamming Roivas with negative emotion was hurting them. If Mirrors is the same kind of thing perhaps something can be done with that.

4.If Light can be given surely it can be taken away as well, this is something we need to look into.

5.If light can be given, maybe it can be poisoned.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Untainted
Sage

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Mirrors also might not have a complete understanding of our motivations (tho i think they more strategic than we assume).

I wonder if theres any way to use slendy against them lol
Back to top Go down
Wintermarch
Observer
Wintermarch

Current Win Points : 64

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:42 pm

I can't control the sass, clearly, so I'm in. And I'm all for bloodying Gretchen's nose.

I still think yasurc lied to R3n3, I don't think it could have taken both of their light without permission.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Wintermarch wrote:
I can't control the sass, clearly, so I'm in. And I'm all for bloodying Gretchen's nose.

I still think yasurc lied to R3n3, I don't think it could have taken both of their light without permission.

Personally I think he could have taken either without asking and just wanted to fuck with us, demoralising and scattering us etc.

But...we need to get discussing. any thoughts? We need several plans, in case some of them dont work.
Back to top Go down
britaki
Anxious
britaki

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:31 pm

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about Help3r’s methods and
Roivas using code, giving us Butterfly code names, and just both of them being
mysterious in general. Both of their methods are used presumably to protect
them and/or us, so obviously if Roivas and Help3r can agree on anything it’s
being covert.

Based on recent events I feel like it might be too dangerous
to keep dealing with Yasurc directly. So my idea is this: We create new
alternate personas for dealing with Yasurc and anything like Yasurc in the
future. Be it a separate Youtube, Tumblr or TC account. I’m not saying that we
renounce being Butterflies but if Yasurc wants to talk to us they don’t talk to
Butterflies; they speak to a group of strangers.

We shouldn’t use screen-names that relate to ourselves or
our Butterfly handles; think of something vague. We don’t discuss our alternate
names in chat; it might even be a good idea to go as far as not revealing our
alternate identities to each other. We don’t appear on camera or mike when we
take these personas. If Yasurc comes into chat we don’t simply change our
names; we either use our alternate accounts or dip out collectively and return
as the new identities.

This isn’t a new idea in spirit. We’ve cracked jokes about
doing this in chat but what if it could actually make a huge difference if we’d
only just committed to it? I feel like in order for this plan to be most
affective, all or a good chunk of us should participate. I know it’s a pain in
the ass setting up new accounts but this isn’t supposed to be easy. We can’t
afford to keep losing “light” or let Yasurc use us as bargaining chips anymore;
we can all agree on that. They can’t use us if they can’t see us and don’t know
us.

Just to be clear, the point is not to make completely new online handles that we use from now on. That would be silly and not very helpful to Roivas. The point is to have a way to approach our enemies without waving our light in their greedy non-faces.
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked
XuchilVith

Current Win Points : 92

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Here's a thing, though. You talk about us not waving our light in their faces with this idea, but IG things from the dark place would see our light either way wouldn't they? I mean it's just usernames, we're still who we are behind the computer screens. We might be able to confuse them as to who exactly is who, but they'd still know we were there. I don't feel like we'd be able to trick Yasurc that easily.

Light is attached to our faces, not our usernames, so the way to stop it from seeing us would be to just not go on cam, i guess?

Not saying this is a terrible idea, it sounds fun honestly, but i'm not sure it'd actually help anything.

Btw, i'm in this camp hi.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Untainted
Sage

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Also it's best not to make the OOG more confusing lol
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Ok. We're in agreement that going ahead with a third media in a livestream might be a good idea, in order to get an appearance out of showtime, if possible.

hopefully, if we draw him out, we'll get a finale appearance...as he seems to work in threes.
Back to top Go down
MissAnna
Untainted
MissAnna

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:29 am

What exactly is the goal of drawing showtime out again? What are we hoping that will gain us?
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:55 am

MissAnna wrote:
What exactly is the goal of drawing showtime out again? What are we hoping that will gain us?

he works in threes. getting him into a third activity might get us some sort of Grand Finale on his part.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:20 am

I'm all for a plan that actually makes something happen. But given the lapse n time between Showtime showing up for the movie, and playing boardgame, who knows how long it might be until he does show again? I mean, he had plenty of opportunities between those events.

Which brings me to this conclusion: if at first we don't succeed, try and try again?

Last edited by BananaBrains on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it's after midnight. what AM I saying?)
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 am

I think a big part of the reason Showtime was able to show up for boardgame was that Roivas can'r protect us right now and therefore can't hold Showtime back.
However, if we are going to draw Showtime out, let's be sure we have a plan of action for what we do if he actually shows up, instead of just getting him to show and then sort of twiddling our thumbs at him.
Back to top Go down
britaki
Anxious
britaki

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:51 pm

XuchilVith wrote:
Here's a thing, though. You talk about us not waving our light in their faces with this idea, but IG things from the dark place would see our light either way wouldn't they? I mean it's just usernames, we're still who we are behind the computer screens. We might be able to confuse them as to who exactly is who, but they'd still know we were there. I don't feel like we'd be able to trick Yasurc that easily.

Light is attached to our faces, not our usernames, so the way to stop it from seeing us would be to just not go on cam, i guess?

Not saying this is a terrible idea, it sounds fun honestly, but i'm not sure it'd actually help anything.

Btw, i'm in this camp hi.

Confusion was part of what I was going for, yes. In the long term the alternate names would be like hazmat suites. Of course they'll guess it's us but they wouldn't know who is who as long as we stay as vague as they can be.
I think it would help in future negotiations/confrontations. I want to try and cut them off from us as much as we can without fully retreating and if we continuously refuse to address Mirrors as ourselves or Butterflies then I think that gives us an advantage.

Also, do we really want a Grand Finale from Showtime?
Back to top Go down
Wintermarch
Observer
Wintermarch

Current Win Points : 64

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:47 am

I'm pretty sure it recognized Dox when his chat name was loxura. I don't think Mirrors is gonna be suckered that easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly War Council Thread   Butterfly War Council Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Butterfly War Council Thread
Page 1 of 1