Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

How to Change Rank?

Go down 
+9
BananaBrains
Tiro1000
Etreo
Zander
xyzombie
Cougar Draven
level100nidoking
Mr. Jeebles
Stiggybird
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stiggybird
Untainted

Current Win Points : -5

How to Change Rank? Empty
PostSubject: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Hey all, i was just wondering, how do you Rank-Up and get better ranks? In forum posts, i have seen people with ranks like Observer, Watcher and survivor, and i have had a look at the ranks, but i am still confused as to how to rank up? Are ranks measured by the amounts of posts i make on the forums? Do i just have to post heaps? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stiggybird
Back to top Go down
http://www.hpx7.webs.com
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:09 pm

If you just start posting for ranks I won't hesitate to ban you
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Stiggybird wrote:
Hey all, i was just wondering, how do you Rank-Up and get better ranks? In forum posts, i have seen people with ranks like Observer, Watcher and survivor, and i have had a look at the ranks, but i am still confused as to how to rank up? Are ranks measured by the amounts of posts i make on the forums? Do i just have to post heaps? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stiggybird

It changes depending on post count
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
Stiggybird
Untainted

Current Win Points : -5

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
If you just start posting for ranks I won't hesitate to ban you

I am not just posting for ranks, if you look at my other topics, threads and posts, you will see that. I am simply asking a question.

level100nidoking wrote:
Stiggybird wrote:

Thanks, Stiggybird

It changes depending on post count
Ok thanks!

MOD EDIT: Merged double post -Jeebles
Back to top Go down
http://www.hpx7.webs.com
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 pm

For what it's worth, I'm actually kind of curious when I get my second Operator Symbol. I don't really care either way.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
For what it's worth, I'm actually kind of curious when I get my second Operator Symbol. I don't really care either way.

300. It was a small victory, personal at that, as I am a commitment-phobic person when it comes to forums of any sort.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:27 pm

We currently have 13 ranks total that come from your post count increasing. The 300 mark and the 700 mark are when you get another Operator Symbol.

We currently have it set so that there's only 3 symbols for standard members. 4 for Mods and Tech Mods, and 5 for Administrators.

Do you all have any recommendations for the Ranking System?
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Is there a list posted of the hierarchy of rankings?

Or is it just "you'll see it when you get to it"?

Also, as for suggestions, I like it as is.

It feels natural.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:47 pm

No, no list. More of the "you see when you get it" thing. Though there are members that do have high ranks. Though most of the mods have the highest post count, but you can't see our normal ranks since we're special snowflakes. Razz
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:02 pm

xyzombie wrote:
Cougar Draven wrote:

300. It was a small victory, personal at that, as I am a commitment-phobic person when it comes to forums of any sort.

This is the only forum I have ever enjoyed reading. 2 circles here I come Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:34 am

I'm sure I could think of a few things, Zander, given time, but since it's a wholly cosmetic thing, I don't see the point. (I used to spend six to twelve hours planning and executing complicated post ranking systems when I ran forums years ago.)
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:14 pm

In any case, if there's anything you'd like to suggest, let me know. (i.e. More symbols, different symbols, etc.) I'll see what can be done or what can't.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 am

Different symbols is a beginning, more symbols (with more rankings based on post counts and suchlike) is another. I know they can be done. It's up to y'all.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:26 pm

I have a related suggestion-meets-query.

I understand that the ratings are both purely cosmetic, yet simultaneously inspire commitment to the forums, if for no other reason than wanting that next symbol. However, despite being a very popular site, with usually at least 150 visitors at a time, most are guests. With relatively few active forums on the go at any one time, even reaching that initial 50 (which I believe earns the title of observer) is time consuming and frustrating. Obviously rank has no real impact on the forum experience as a whole, and I enjoy the community more than the thought of increasing in rank.

I guess the crux is this: Getting past untainted is a pain in the neck, and the thought of quick ranking up might just convince some of those 100+. guests that are online whenever I am to sign up. That considered, would you consider slightly lowering, or adding in, rank boundaries from 0-300?
Back to top Go down
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

Current Win Points : 146

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Etreo wrote:

I understand that the ratings are both purely cosmetic, yet simultaneously inspire commitment to the forums, if for no other reason than wanting that next symbol. However, despite being a very popular site, with usually at least 150 visitors at a time, most are guests. With relatively few active forums on the go at any one time, even reaching that initial 50 (which I believe earns the title of observer) is time consuming and frustrating. Obviously rank has no real impact on the forum experience as a whole, and I enjoy the community more than the thought of increasing in rank.

I guess the crux is this: Getting past untainted is a pain in the neck, and the thought of quick ranking up might just convince some of those 100+. guests that are online whenever I am to sign up. That considered, would you consider slightly lowering, or adding in, rank boundaries from 0-300?

Perhaps something in between Untainted and Observer? Such as "Interested"?
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Exactly. I just think it would help to separate genuine new users from your common or garden plug and run account.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Etreo wrote:
Exactly. I just think it would help to separate genuine new users from your common or garden plug and run account.

What separates the plug-and-runners is the fact that they plug-and-run. They're generally banned after that point.

I'm also a little skeptical of anyone who joins a forum just to watch the rank go up. That implies (to me anyways) that they may be making lots of spammy posts that don't really say anything or add any content, which is something else we frown upon.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:57 am

Tiro1000 wrote:
Etreo wrote:

Perhaps something in between Untainted and Observer? Such as "Interested"?

Etreo wrote:

If you get to 50 posts, you get the first Operator Symbol. Most plug-and-runners and rule-breakers barely even make it to 10 posts if they're lucky.

Also the ranks used to be 0-300 back when we were hosted on proboards, but we thought we should increase it here seeing as we had more members on this site than we did on the other.

Banana is right as well. We're not looking for spammers. Even though I'd be a hypocrite in saying so because I had a post-war with Jeebles once, but even during that we were contributing to topics despite the post-whoring.

We'll see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

Current Win Points : 327

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Etreo wrote:
Obviously rank has no real impact on the forum experience as a whole

Ha. Ha.

That's what you think.

DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY YOU MISERABLE MAGGOT

THAT'S AN ORDER

WHAT ARE THE REST OF YOU LADIES GAWKING AT? I'M YOUR SUPERIOR, AND I AM TELLING YOU TO FALL IN LINE.

RANK HAS NO REAL IMPACT MY ASS.

HUP TWO HUP TWO SHIT-STAINS.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Moriarty wrote:
Etreo wrote:
Obviously rank has no real impact on the forum experience as a whole

Ha. Ha.

That's what you think.

DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY YOU MISERABLE MAGGOT

THAT'S AN ORDER

WHAT ARE THE REST OF YOU LADIES GAWKING AT? I'M YOUR SUPERIOR, AND I AM TELLING YOU TO FALL IN LINE.

RANK HAS NO REAL IMPACT MY ASS.

HUP TWO HUP TWO SHIT-STAINS.

I love this.
Back to top Go down
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't ask you to love it.

I didn't ask you anything.

I GAVE YOU A DIRECT ORDER BUTTBALLS!

ARE YOU GOING TO DISOBEY A DIRECT ORDER?

LOOK AT YOUR CIRCLES, NOW AT MINE, NOW BACK TO YOURS.

WHAT ABOUT THIS SITUATION MAKES YOU THINK I NEED YOU TO LOVE ANYTHING?
WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF LEFT-WING, FLOWER EATING, LENNON-LISTENING, ANTI-WAR PIXIE FART?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Imperial Shitlord of the Shitstain army signing in for duty your Shittyness
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
Imperial Shitlord of the Shitstain army signing in for duty your Shittyness

GET IN LINE SOLDIER.

YOU SEE THIS FELLA, YOU PUNKS?

HE'S A MODEL SOLDIER, RANKING A LITTLE BELOW ME.
YOU MAGGOTS AIN'T WORTHY OF FIELD-STRIPPING THIS GOLDEN COW'S RIFLE.

ALL OF YOU GET LATRINE DUTY

WITH YOUR TONGUES.

MOVE, MOVE, MOVE BUTT-CRACKS!
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Hey Moriarty.

And I think as the current resident postwhore I can say that the only time I even notice the rank indicators, it's because I'm wondering when I joined the X-Men.
Back to top Go down
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
Hey Moriarty.

And I think as the current resident postwhore I can say that the only time I even notice the rank indicators, it's because I'm wondering when I joined the X-Men.

Hey Cougar.

You joined the X-men right now.
That was the best reference ever. They totally look like that symbol.
You are the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Change Rank?   How to Change Rank? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Change Rank?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next