Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

what is fear to you?

Go down 
+4
Huaimoitu
advancedhorrorgamer18
Death
rollp
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rollp
Untainted
rollp

Current Win Points : 0

what is fear to you? Empty
PostSubject: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 pm

I am currently working on an essay about abstract words for my English class. We can pick an abstract word (ie: justice, love, freedom) and write an essay with our personal definitions, quotes, metaphors, such and such.

So I'd like to know how you guys would define fear. I won't put anything posted here in the essay unless I think its totally brilliant and worthy of some sort of accolade, I'd like to keep the ideas in the essay as much of my own as possible, but if I do use your material I will quote you properly.
Back to top Go down
Death
Observer

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Fear is the basis of human survival. Fear is logic. Fear is survival. Fear is a necessary evil. Fear is the base instinct within all of us that warns of danger, potential or real, because at the most basic level humans wish only to survive.
Back to top Go down
advancedhorrorgamer18
Untainted
advancedhorrorgamer18

PostSubject: Re: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 am

False

Evidence

Appears

Real

^Yeah I still beleave that:)
Back to top Go down
Huaimoitu
Untainted
Huaimoitu

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:21 am

It is one of the many forms of Dukkha inherent in reality. It has it's uses, but I must learn to conquer it. I MUST AS LIKE A LION. While also not being stupidly fearless. More like...Entirely aware of the danger and threats and reality, but just able to face it without curling up in a useless ball of panic attacks.

In a less religious sense...That thing that annoys me all the time.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:16 am

Fear is falling naked into a gorilla enclosure.
Back to top Go down
kingpayne007
Untainted

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:55 am

Fear is the unknown. Fear is also a primal response for survival.
In my opinion. For myself, not knowing in a dark room for example, being alone most of all.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 pm

Fear is the hole in things. It is the darkness behind you, creeping up on your flank in such a way that no matter how you turn it's always behind you. It's the monsters in your closet that are never there when the lights are on. It is the difference between what your eyes can see is and what your brain is telling you might be.

Don't we have a thread on this already?
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
rollp
Untainted
rollp

PostSubject: Re: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:15 pm

There's a thread about what scares you, not the same thing.
Back to top Go down
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Fear is seeing something off--Compared to normal day to day experience--and your subconscious warning you to leave, or brace yourself for what's coming. When the fear had no true payoff(Something actually lurking in the shadows, etc.) your mind constantly expects something, ripping you apart from the inside. That is fear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KriptsTale
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is fear to you?   what is fear to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is fear to you?
Page 1 of 1