Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?

Go down 
+28
halobata123
spawn250
Dr. Squirtle
Nightflash
The Doctor
NearTheEnd
AlanAuch
GrayDragonEmily
Anateus
Alder
Alliopeth
AlkerStay
Elastik55
Girlintheshadows
Ekaetriana
level100nidoking
ChaosGamma
xyzombie
Katarsus
Mr. Jeebles
BananaBrains
TheFallenenvoy
GeorgePenn
Cougar Draven
Hooligan Spirit
BravoBismuth
Etreo
DarkShadows
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? Empty
PostSubject: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Because I am curious. :3

I personally like most genres and try to stay pretty eclectic in what I listen to in regards to both genre and age of the music, although I really enjoy rock (alternative, grunge, metal, and classic mostly), dubstep/drum and bass, and dance/techno/house.

I enjoy bands/artists like Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Skrillex, Glitch Mob, The Fray, AC/DC, Lady Gaga (STFU I know what it looks like), Bowling For Soup, Pink Floyd, Rush and many others.

How about you guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Pretty much similar very eclectic and varied. If I were to pick out a genre though, it would have to be Dubstep. None of this of this slow polyrythm rubbish though; rib rattling Moshpit style dubstep, like 'Cookie Monsta - Riot' or 'Doctor P - Keep on Dancing'

Other than Dubstep, I love The Script, and indie rock bands like Spector and The Vaccines. By and large I'm not a huge rock fan, though I do like some songs by YMA6. I also love maximalism. It's a really ULTRA hipster genre of electronic music, the best tracks being 'Surph' by Rustie and 'Afterburn' by Bobby Tank.
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 am

Consider yourselves lucky, because I am in A MoodTM and so I am going to share with you the song I have adopted as my life's theme.

but I really don't have a genre that I prefer or whatever. I don't get all lubed up over any particular band, and I don't even own a radio so I generally get left out of the loop music-wise.

Last edited by BravoBismuth on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because reasons)
Back to top Go down
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious
Hooligan Spirit

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:48 pm

I listen to all sorts of music, but my favorite genres would have to be dubstep (Doctor P, Liquid Stranger, etc.) & "epic" orchestral (Two Steps from Hell, E.S. Posthumus, etc.), for lack of a better term. You can guess how I felt when I found a song that combined these two.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm

I don't distinguish my music by genre. Instead, I just listen to things I like. Here, have a list of around thirty songs that make my life make sense:

• 30 Seconds To Mars - Vox Populi
  • Alice In Chains - Nutshell
  • Animal Collective - In the Flowers
  • Atmosphere - Spaghetti Strapped
  • Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out for a Hero
  • Chevelle - The Clincher
  • Demon Hunter - The Tide Began to Rise
  • DJ Yoda - Salaam (Featuring MC Paul Barman)
  • Do As Infinity - Fukai Mori
  • Dragonforce - Disciples Of Babylon
  • Explosions in the Sky - What Do You Go Home To?
  • Florence And The Machine - Lover To Lover
  • Hooray For Earth - No Love
  • Imagine Dragons - Tokyo
  • Kanye West - Power
  • Ke$ha/The Beatles - TiK ToK Together
  • Koji Kondo - Song of Healing
  • LMFAO - I'm In Miami Bitch
  • Lupe Fiasco - I Don't Wanna Care Right Now (feat. MDMA)
  • Machinae Supremacy - Remnant (March Of The Undead IV)
  • Man Man - Shameless
  • Nine Inch Nails - Deep (Epistaxis Remix)
  • of Montreal - We Will Commit Wolf Murder
  • O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei
  • Pendulum - Self vs. Self (feat. In Flames)
  • Peter Fox - Alles Neu
  • Seryn - We Will All Be Changed
  • System Of A Down - Question!
  • The Aquabats - The Shark Fighter!
  • The Avett Brothers - The Perfect Space
  • The Decemberists - Odalisque
  • The Killers - Human
  • Those Dancing Days - Fuckarias
  • Xoc - Acquisition Jingle/The Hartford Circus Fire
  • Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
GeorgePenn
Taken
GeorgePenn

Current Win Points : 52

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Here are some of the most listened to songs on my iPod:

Standing on the Shore by Empire of the Sun
Tomorrow Comes Today by Gorillaz
Molten Light by Chad Vangaalen
Counting Stars by Nujabes
Rise to Me by the Decemberists
Rella by OFWGKTA
Route Around (Acoustic) by Rebelution
She ft. Frank Ocean by Tyler, the Creator
Mutilated Lips by Ween
Pool Shark (Acoustic) by Sublime
Mongo Push by the Dirty Heads
Bonfire by Childish Gambino
Bronx Sniper by Mister Heavenly
Attack by System of a Down
Midnight City by M83
XO by Fall Out Boy
Calling All Destroyers by Tsar
Drop by Earl Sweatshirt
Liquor & Whores by Bubbles and the Shitrockers
Across the Univers by The Beatles
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Right now, I'm all about the Prog-Rock, Prog-Metal, Grunge, New Alternative, Metal and shit.
theres a few decemberists albums thrown in there too
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Genre-wise, I'd say my taste in music is mostly punk/alternative, with a healthy dose of pop music mixed in. Overall, though, there's plenty of things I like from many genres. I don't know how else to properly describe it, though >.>
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm

alternative folk anime death metal
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Katarsus
Untainted
Katarsus

Current Win Points : -1

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Epic Orchestral, Power Metal, Folk Metal, Progressive Metal, Punk, Serj Tankian, Soundtracks, etc.

Oh, and Psychostick.

So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? Too_metal_web_large
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:07 am

I enjoy electronic dance mix styled stuff, ranging from house to dubstep to drum&bass to techno, and I've found myself drifting this way for some time. I've really started to enjoy electronica that has really powerful and or elegant vocals. I also enjoy different, but not all, forms of rock, usually Grunge, Alternative, 90's Pop-Rock, J-Rock, J-Pop, K-Pop, early 2000's Pop-Rock, Punk, Ska, and Metal, as well as some Screamo, some Numetal and some Experimental. I used to be more into Classic Rock, but I feel too boxed in with my options in that category and although some of it was groundbreaking, a lot of it is worn out to me. I occasionally enjoy Rap, as long as it's Angry Rap and not Braggy-Egotistical Rap. I suppose my selection is a bit bipolar, I guess it just depends what I'm feeling. I haven't seen anything in this thread that I couldn't enjoy at least a little bit, so that's pretty cool. Pretty much enjoy anything other than Country. If I had to name a handful of random artists, they would be Mindless Self Indulgence, No Doubt, Blink 182, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Coheed and Cambria, Panic! at the Disco, Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Deadmau5, LMFAO, Skrillex, Ellie Goulding, Busta Rhymes, Method Man, MC Chris, Bring Me The Horizon, Less than Jake, Boris, Sunn 0)), Goatsnake, Detklok, White Stripes, Jack White, Raconteurs, Blur, The Vines, The Cure, Moby, Beck, Metric, Tom Waits, Johnny Cash, Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, Gym Class Heroes, Nine Inch Nails, Powerman 5000, White Zombie, Sex Pistols, Nirvana, Big Bang, G-Dragon, 7, Gazette, Hide, Yoko Kanno, Dir En Grey, Maximum the Hormone, and The Pillows.

Last edited by xyzombie on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:14 am

For some reason, lately I find my tastes in music largely syncing up with my grandparents' tastes in music. Classical, jazz & lots of really old rock/Motown/whatever else was popular in the 50's/early 60's. The last one especially, as I've managed to collect a few hundred songs on my ipod from the Drifters, the Temptations, Buddy Holly, Del Shannon, the Supremes, the Four Tops, Elvis Presley, the Beatles' earlier stuff, &c, &c.

Then there's always those Toonami soundtracks I've got, which I could listen to three or four times a day and never be tired of.

Oh, and J-Pop. And anime soundtracks. Mostly stuff from Nana Mizuki and Yuki Kajiura because of Nanoha and Pandora Hearts. The Big O has an amazing soundtrack as well. Rozen Maiden, too, though I really like the guitar versions of the music here, possibly more than the originals.

I'll still listen to some classic rock from time to time, but not that much, considering it used to be all I listened to. But sometimes you've just gotta throw on some Hendrix and rock out.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:46 am

Personally, I really love anime music, like beautiful world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-XOtqjqHio or cruel angels theasis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAvg0RHJTdA
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
Ekaetriana
Untainted
Ekaetriana

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Anything except rap, and I will listen to rap on occasion and kind of slip into the mood for it. So, anything at all actually.

My absolute favorite band of all time is Pink Floyd, enough to make me want to go back in time to a concert. My mp3 contains a mixture of things. I kind of just hear a song I like, then get the song and put it on my mp3. So my mp3 ends of having only one song from a single band instead of the whole album unless I like all the songs on the album.

My favorite genres would be, in no particular order: psychedelic, rock ranging from light to heavy, light metal (not a big fan of screamo because I don't understand what they're saying half the time), gothic, classical, instrumental, nature sounds + instrumental, zen, experimental, and a bit of dubstep and techno.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Ekaetriana wrote:
I kind of just hear a song I like, then get the song and put it on my mp3. So my mp3 ends of having only one song from a single band instead of the whole album unless I like all the songs on the album.

That's pretty much how I am too. I'll rent CDs from the library to rip songs I like off of them, but otherwise I won't own the full album. I have a very small CD collection and most of them are mix-CDs I made.
Back to top Go down
Girlintheshadows
Untainted
Girlintheshadows

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:15 pm

I enjoy rock, techno, and maybe some pop Laughing
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Oh, are you new, Girlintheshadows? You should make an intro thread or else the Slenderman will eat you alive. :3
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Not really a genre, but it's come to my attention that I tend to fancy songs with female vocalists.
Back to top Go down
Elastik55
Untainted
Elastik55

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm a guy who mostly listens to metal, but I just love blues and 60's rock too.
My all time favorite bands are The Doors and Black Sabbath.

I've also recently been listening a lot to Hugh Laurie, you know that guy who plays house, and his interpretations of old blues songs are just, well I don't have the vocabulary to describe it. x)
Back to top Go down
http://bugreport.blog.com/
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Ah yes, Black Sabbath. Very Happy

You really like making threads about music don't you? XD
Back to top Go down
Elastik55
Untainted
Elastik55

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Yeah, it's a big part of my life xD

Figured I'd start in the music part of the forum and work my way towards other topics as I get to know the forum a bit more, even though I've been lurking here for about a month..
Back to top Go down
http://bugreport.blog.com/
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Not normally big on Skrillex, but the drop on this is something else. Can't find a youtube link now, so it's Hey Sexy Lady (Skrillex Remix) by iSquare.
Back to top Go down
AlkerStay
Observer
AlkerStay

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 am

Aphex Twin
Skrillex
deadmau5
SanCisco
Weatherthans
DJ fortify
Morfar
every single independent band that plays non mainstream pop
progressive/tech house
synth tones
8bit synth tones
Back to top Go down
AlkerStay
Observer
AlkerStay

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:15 am

BravoBismuth wrote:
Not really a genre, but it's come to my attention that I tend to fancy songs with female vocalists.

like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUBzQp5MKrE
Back to top Go down
Alliopeth
Untainted
Alliopeth

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 am

I listen to pretty much everything, apart from country. Lately I've been big on Pendulum, and the genres that I most listen to would be rock, Trock and pop-rock bands like Panic! At The Disco.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?   So what genres do you all enjoy listening to? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what genres do you all enjoy listening to?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next