Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 Empty
PostSubject: Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3   Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi. Smile I figured this would be a good place to stick this thread, since it has to do with craftwork and I didn't see an arts section, so...

I made the following Slenderman handmade journal back in October when I was just getting into the Mythos. I had an old purple journal I didn't use, some leftover black fabric, and some paints, so I decided to repurpose the journal into a Slenderman inspired journal by replacing the fabric, aging the journal slightly, and painting on it. I also added page inserts that were inspired by a mix of the nites found in Slender: The Eight Pages as well as the idea of Slenderman victims writing about and drawing the creature obsessively. In that way, it sort of functions like a found journal, and also even has a black ribbon for marking one's place. Here, have a video showing it off:

The materials used for this journal are:

• Old found purple flower design journal
  • Leftover black cloth from an old T-shirt
  • White and black fabric paint
  • A little clear nailpolish (to keep the paint on the metal frame from chipping off)
  • Old, yellowing notebook paper, cut and fitted to the journal
  • Black ink pen (for the drawings)
  • Glue, both hot glue gun glue and stick glue
I can give pointers if anyone is up to making their own found Slenderman journal. Smile I'd highly suggest using a black or brown leather, fabric, or papery-textured journal; even a leaf print design looks good. Use a notebook that is NOT spiral-bound if you plan on re-fabricing it. Use yellow or old yellowing lined paper for the separator pages, and feel free to add whatever designs you want. You can even tea-stain some paper and use that, but if you do that do NOT use lined paper, or the lines will fade out and bleed - that is, unless you want that look. You could even add blood spatters to some pages with red dye.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Ekaetriana
Untainted
Ekaetriana

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3   Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:07 am

That's really neat-looking! You did a great job. I'll definitely try my hand at making one of my own. Very Happy

I think I'm going to make it out of my smallest journal that my little sister has scribbled in and add my own childish horror-scribblings and some of my store of fake blood drops to up the creepiness factor. It has a lock and key, too, which I like and I can tease my cousins by making up a story about it, telling them something creepy's inside but I lost the key. Then I'll hide the key somewhere mysterious and make them go look for it. ^_^ I'm the best cousin ever. (Though I wonder if my cousins are getting too old for this and are catching on to my tricks. Oh well, I'll try it anyway.) Thank you for the idea.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3   Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Ekaetriana wrote:
I think I'm going to make it out of my smallest journal that my little sister has scribbled in and add my own childish horror-scribblings and some of my store of fake blood drops to up the creepiness factor. It has a lock and key, too, which I like and I can tease my cousins by making up a story about it, telling them something creepy's inside but I lost the key. Then I'll hide the key somewhere mysterious and make them go look for it. ^_^ I'm the best cousin ever.

That's actually an awesome idea! Very Happy Are your cousins aware of the Mythos in any way, or are you also going to spook them? >:3

I'm kind of mean that way. I'd be the kind of person that made the journal, made them look for the key to open it, then told scary stories about Slendy when they asked, and then later that night got on my Slenderman costume from Halloween and stalked them around the house. But then again I'm evil and my siblings (in this case) are 13 and 16.
Back to top Go down
Ekaetriana
Untainted
Ekaetriana

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3   Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:19 pm

You're a lot like me that way, I like to send my cousins (I'm an only child and only see my cousins once a year) on wild fantastical chases to entertain them (and entertain me watching them). I mean, I think I'm actually nice that way instead of mean, giving them something interesting to do instead of letting them be totally bored.

The problem will be pulling my cousin away from his video games he's attached to and making it convincing and entertaining enough he actually cares to go look for the key. :/ He's getting older now, about 13 so I'm unsure.

If he hasn't played Slender I can always make him play Slender (since he adores games anyway) and make something up about it, make up a story about Slendy or mysterious happenings and my journal...oh, the clockwork in my brain is turning. If he DOES know about Slendy I'm not sure what I can do but try to convince him he may be real.

Maybe I'm a bit of a jerk....just a bit. T.T But I'm bored, so I have plenty of time...
Back to top Go down
freddyman23
Untainted
freddyman23

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3   Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:13 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3   Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:45 am

Thank you freddyman. :3 Again, all the materials were found, although you could easily buy them for cheap at your local craft store too. Many places will sell cheap, small sketchbooks for under $10 and there's all sorts of interesting textures you can add, too. It doesn't necessarily have to be cloth. I've always thought a burnt paper or old leafy parchment effect on the cover might look cool, as if its been through more than a few Runners' hands...
Back to top Go down
Elastik55
Untainted
Elastik55

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3   Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:15 pm

I used this as an inspiration to make one of my own. :3
I made the symbol bigger and without a frame and in fabric instead. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bugreport.blog.com/
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3   Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm glad everyone thinks this is cool and that it's inspiring you guys to make your own! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3   Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Handmade Slenderman Journal. Would you like to see? :3
Page 1 of 1