Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Stalkerofthewoods

Go down 
+2
ShadowTurtleInc
Cybermat47
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Current Win Points : 15

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Hey guys, about a month ago I started making my own ARG, called Stalkerofthewoods.

Here is the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Tg0bHKNa4wdovkEp8OD7A

Note on a tree - what does it mean?

What is that thing!?

UPDATE:

A Message

Attacked

New entry coming soon!
Proxy channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/heShALLhAVeYOu?feature=watch

YoUr FuTuRe

Anything you guys can think of to improve it? Help is much appreciated!  Very Happy

Also, can somebody please add it to the Slender Man Mythos site? Thanks!

Last edited by Cybermat47 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:23 am

Hey! I like where this is going! If I were to give some advice I would say to have the footage become more corrupt when Slender man is around because it is a good indicator to most people watching that he is near. The Slender man costume is SICK though!
Check out the end of this video to see what I mean about corrupt footage. I Think these guys do a pretty good job with it.

Awesome name too by the way!

MOD EDIT: Double-post merged. ~sethlapod555
Back to top Go down
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:46 am

Thank you all for your help and support. I just don't know how to get the footage 'corrupted'. Are there any good video editors out there? I think the videos are saved as VLC files.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:49 am

What editing software do you have? Because it is really easy to do, even on Imovie you can do it! I'll show you.
Back to top Go down
thexlastxdalek
Watched
thexlastxdalek

Current Win Points : 91

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:43 am

I could edit for you. Check out my link in my signature called The Bigfoot Game and look at some videos and see how I edit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aaronklompp
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:10 pm

ShadowTurtleInc wrote:
What editing software do you have? Because it is really easy to do, even on Imovie you can do it! I'll show you.

I don't currently have any video editing software, but if you could point me at some, I would appreciate it. I'm running Windows 7, BTW.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Well, it depends on your budget...
Back to top Go down
DuaLocKs
Anxious
DuaLocKs

Current Win Points : 20

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:25 pm

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/ Download After Effects from there. Hey, it gets the job done.
Back to top Go down
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 am

ShadowTurtleInc wrote:
Well, it depends on your budget...

Preferably free. 

On another note, the next few entries have been filmed, I just need to edit them.
Back to top Go down
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Anyone there? Sorry for being impatient, but I'd like to get a new video up soon.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 am

WELL free isn't gonna help you to much. What I would suggest is that some Adobe program demos are free to download and you could screw around with those. CS2 products I believe are free... could be mistaken
Back to top Go down
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:24 am

ShadowTurtleInc wrote:
WELL free isn't gonna help you to much. What I would suggest is that some Adobe program demos are free to download and you could screw around with those. CS2 products I believe are free... could be mistaken

Thank you. I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Jane And Jeff
Taken
Jane And Jeff

Current Win Points : 115

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 pm

thexlastxdalek wrote:
I could edit for you. Check out my link in my signature called The Bigfoot Game and look at some videos and see how I edit.

You'd make a good dalek..XD
Back to top Go down
http://mail.google.com/xjaneandjeff@gmail.com
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 am

Well, this is an interesting start. My complaint is that in the first video you can't really see what the note says, but I guess what's on it has already been explained. I like the second video, as the protagonist is already coughing, a good Slendy is in the window, and the protag seems to be showing some frustration. The proxy(?) in the hockey mask also seems creepy and not in the typical way, reminds me kinda of Masky from Marble Hornets. Other than that my only other complaint is that we don't know anything about the protagonist (according to his Youtube comments he won't even give out his name?) and we don't know why he has a Youtube channel but this has potential.
Back to top Go down
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 am

New entry up. Check post #1.

A new entry is coming soon as well. Sorry I didn't update it sooner.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:01 am

I have really mixed feelings about the new two videos. 

A Message: I would recommend rather than telling the backstory on the message in the description actually say it to your audience it will get them more involved and will make it so that the people who don't read the description will be less confused. Also, try to avoid cliches, the Slenderman page thing is overused and shows signs of being unoriginal. 

Attacked: I liked this one a lot more. The 
Spoiler:
I would work on the acting a bit though, it definitely didn't feel very real. Though it started off with a nice creepy atmosphere which I liked.

There are my comments hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:36 pm

I agree a lot with ShadowTurtle. A Message had it where it was a bit difficult to read the message itself and I would recommend getting a better camera for that. It might've been a bit neater to see the protag cleaning his room or something, and is pulling down an old poster before seeing the message, just as an idea. An Attack was a lot better, I thought it was scary and creepy as hell, that would be a frightening situation to get into. The fact that the situation isn't even remembered is scarier, because who knows what that person did!
Back to top Go down
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:17 am

Thanks for your responses and constructive criticism. I'll try to work on my acting skills and the quality of the film. Just be aware that we filmed some parts in advance, so those issues might pop up again in future entries.

EDIT: Actually, seeing as the Slender Man disrupts electrical devices, I can easily edit out any bad acting by me if it's not essential... Smile

EDIT 2: 
"Also, try to avoid cliches, the Slenderman page thing is overused and shows signs of being unoriginal."

Don't worry Turtle, we have something a bit more creative (and gory) coming up in a few months or maybe even a year... but it'll be worth the wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Here's the latest video. I actually used editing in this one, including opening text and static. I hope you enjoy it, and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I don't know when the next one will be ready, but I'll do my best for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stalkerofthewoods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalkerofthewoods   Stalkerofthewoods Empty

Back to top Go down

Stalkerofthewoods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: New Trailheads-
Jump to: