Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Rapture: A Book of Names

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

Current Win Points : 17

Rapture: A Book of Names Empty
PostSubject: Rapture: A Book of Names   Rapture: A Book of Names EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:11 am

Rapture: A Book of Names Fearsa10

Good evening, Slender Nation. DJay32 here, whom some of you might know as the writer of Where My Eyes Remain, Jordan Eats Normally Now, or OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING. Some of you might also know me as the guy who wrote the slender man with a face in, like, two different stories, and the guy who made the slender man a tragic hero in the Rapture Logs. But enough about me; let's cut to the chase. Did you know there's a sequel to the Rapture Logs? ..well, you probably figured as much from the fact that this thread is subtitled that very thing.

Indeed, I present to you the ongoing Rapture: A Book of Names, an internet prose novel about a boy named Eric Taylor and his growth into what will eventually be The Blind Man. At the same time, it's about the recovering pantheon of gods on a world that's still getting over a more insane apocalypse than it'd expected, and how said gods cope with having even more gods storm in from universes nobody knew existed. Would it help you if I told you the name of one of those gods is The Crawling Chaos?

A Book of Names also details Eric's choice between the present and the past as he comes to terms with time travel powers. Now, the thing about having time travel in a story like Rapture is it means we get to see more of everyone's favourite faceless businessman. Unlike the last time I made a thread for a Rapture story, this time the slender man hasn't made a direct appearance yet, but he's had a couple of cameos and I can guarantee you he will show his face soon. This story's going to last quite a while, and I have a lot of plot planned for it.

As it stands, all I can leave you with is a few handfuls of posts putting you up to the point Eric gets lost exploring another universe, and that gorgeous freaking painting up there as provided by the amazing Rappu. Indeed, one of the Rapture Logs' highlights was the astounding gallery of over 85 illustrations by seven different artists, and from the looks of it A Book of Names might follow in its footsteps. In fact, here, click this thing, this is the complete list of art made for either Rapture story. Ogle to your heart's content.

For those who have never read Rapture, welcome to the canon where Guitar Hero matters and the slender man cannot beat me at it. For those who have read it, welcome back.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://blindrapture.tumblr.com/
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: A Book of Names   Rapture: A Book of Names EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 am

I just recently finished Rapture, and I'm currently reading this. Your work is amazing!
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: A Book of Names   Rapture: A Book of Names EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:33 pm

oh i just saw that now, i really gotta read it o.o
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: A Book of Names   Rapture: A Book of Names EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 am

Oh yeah, this is a thing. BEHOLD, months later, I finally update!

Return (Ukhu Pacha, V)
Life went on

I should hopefully be able to update faster in the future. Also, there's been more art made for Rapture recently but you'll have to dig around the Addendum for your fix of that.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: A Book of Names   Rapture: A Book of Names EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:29 am

Thank you very much DJay32 Smile
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: A Book of Names   Rapture: A Book of Names EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 11:43 pm

Friday February 21st, 2014 ("did you miss me")

A post I had to make.

EDIT: April 10th (Piece of Paper)
April 11th (Rebirth)
Interruptions
Capillarian Duties

Behold. The plot thickens. And I think you'll also find that almost every post until now has been edited into a second draft.
The slender man is coming into the story awfully soon.

Last edited by DJay32 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New posts.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: A Book of Names   Rapture: A Book of Names Empty

Back to top Go down

Rapture: A Book of Names
Page 1 of 1