Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Ernest's Text Adventure

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

Ernest's Text Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Ernest's Text Adventure   Ernest's Text Adventure EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello Slender Nation. Who's up for a text adventure game? I have tried in the past to get one going, to no avail. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

I'll let you guys suggest topics. This will be entirely text-driven. Keywords will be highlighted.

EXAMPLE: [Narrator]: You enter a dimly lit room. To the right of you is a wooden table. On the other side of the room is a small bookshelf. To the left of the room is a door.

[Player]: John: Use door.

[Narrator]: Huh? It appears the door is locked. Perhaps there's a key somewhere around here?

[Player]: John: Examine bookshelf.

[Narrator]: Upon closer examination, you notice a small key wedged in between one of the books. Take it?

[Player]: John: Take key.

[Narrator]: You place the key in your inventory. You have 4 slots remaining.

And so on. Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
JadeLightningDash
Anxious
JadeLightningDash

Current Win Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: Ernest's Text Adventure   Ernest's Text Adventure EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 11:30 pm

Sounds interesting. I tried making a Slenderman Text Adventure game last year, but I really suck at programming and stopped working on it. I might try learning programming at some point, but I'm busy with school. I think you should make the game. I'll look forward to seeing the finished project. Maybe I can test it out when your done.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Ernest's Text Adventure   Ernest's Text Adventure EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Did I make it sound as if it's going to be a video game? My apologies. This is going to be an interactive forum game.
Back to top Go down
JadeLightningDash
Anxious
JadeLightningDash

Current Win Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: Ernest's Text Adventure   Ernest's Text Adventure EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Oh. How will it work?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Ernest's Text Adventure   Ernest's Text Adventure EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 11:36 pm

First, I'll need somebody to suggest a topic. Refer to the example if you want to know how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ernest's Text Adventure   Ernest's Text Adventure Empty

Back to top Go down

Ernest's Text Adventure
Page 1 of 1