Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Final Destination

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Davros
Observer
Davros

Current Win Points : 33

The Final Destination Empty
PostSubject: The Final Destination   The Final Destination EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 6:51 pm

What is the Slender Man's ultimate goal?

Alright, we've established that the "Big 4" (EMH, DH, MLA, TT) exist in the same universe, and are all being stalked by Big, Tall, and Faceless. Now, not many people exude that much stalking/teleporting/camera distorting energy without some endgame in store.

With that in mind...just what is the Slender Man's big endgame? Why is he stalking all of these people? What is the deal with HABIT/Patrick/the Order and whatnot? What, basically, is his eventual goal? World domination? Global-wide destruction? Fame? Fortune? A face? Rights to a better movie?

Or is he just doing this to royally screw with a bunch of random college students?

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
crazon
Untainted
crazon

Current Win Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Final Destination   The Final Destination EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 11:53 pm

The problem I have with finding Slenderman's ultimate goal and plans is that a part of the reason I find Slenderman unnerving and scary in almost every iteration I've come across, he is a completely alien presence. He is fear of the unknown incarnate. I don't think we should find out what his motives are much like we should never know what a lovecraftian horror is in full. Now obviously we should get some tidbits but we should never know the whole story, it's why I like the Operator at the end of MH and the Tall guy in DH. We get tidbits about his interaction with the world and human society, but never learn much about his true origins. The sickness, the Orders worship of him, those are cool little things that have us coming back to see what's going to happen next but to get the whole low down on him would ruin the creepiness of him. 

I think it's cooler to think of him as unknowable or even like a really freaky force of nature.

But that's me. I am curious to see what other people think on this.
Back to top Go down
http://crazon.deviantart.com
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Final Destination   The Final Destination EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 5:04 pm

I've never liked thinking of the Slender Man in terms of "world domination", because it just seems awfully overblown for a monster that is otherwise portrayed as being rather selective in terms of his victims. I think the best stories are the ones where he is utterly chaotic but working out of some kind of warped instinct that draws him towards specific victims for him to steal, eviscerate, drive insane, photobomb, etc. It's much more interesting to find out what he does that makes the situation so uneasy, and consider what is unique about the people and places he is drawn to for whatever reason. Most of the time, his motivations have been an afterthought to the more important issue of what makes him a threat and, ideally to the story, a constant presence throughout. It's a delicate balance where he can become boring if you reveal too much, but also if you reveal too little.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Destination   The Final Destination Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Destination
Page 1 of 1