Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

WYAitD- Reaches Revelation

Go down 
+6
James the Cartographer
Seann
zero
Omega
Broeckchen
Shayde
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

WYAitD- Reaches Revelation Empty
PostSubject: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:28 am

I thought I should make a thread for this, because it pertains to one of the bigger blogs in the blogosphere, and it has wide ranging implications for many other blogs. For those who aren't caught up with the general gist of the blogs, especially 'What You Are in the Dark', I'm telling you to turn back NOW, and hurry up reading them...

Spoiler:

My thoughts on this...

WYAitD- Reaches Revelation Citizen_kane_clapping_gif_RE_If_The_Internet_Suddenly_Disappeared_How_Wed_Get_Laid-s480x360-132744

Well played, good sir, well played...
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:01 am

Well played?

Honestly, I'm amazed.
Reach, who has given birth to the Revenant community, just accidentally it again.

I like how this brings back the Mythos to the point where Slender Man is the central figure, not proxies. The increasing influence of proxies was something a lot of people didn't like and this... just gets them out of their hair.
Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:11 am

On one hand, this is something the Mythos really needed.

On the other, it ruins my plans for my Slender Man civ3 scenario. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:05 pm

anyone else think the entire slender blog series has about run its course?

Last edited by zero on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:11 pm

zero wrote:
anyone else thing the entire slender blog series has about run its course?

No. Because I still have mine active.
Once it ends, everyone else can stop. Wink
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:18 pm

well it just seems with Reach's thing, and EV apparently ending, we've sort of run our course, there's less 'big blogs' around, cept yours I guess, Omega. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seann
Anxious
Seann

Current Win Points : 31

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:38 pm

On the one hand, this is exactly what the Mythos needed-- the proxies have long since gotten way out of hand and this helps bring the mythos closer to its roots. On the other hand, it feels like it hits the reset button so frantically hard that it actually killed the immersion and took me right out of the story.

So yeah. Mixed feelings about this.
Back to top Go down
James the Cartographer
Untainted
James the Cartographer

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:02 pm

And to think it all started with one blogger.

Jesus.

Reach, the Revenants were a fine and awesome creation.
You put a lot of hard work into them and made them so believable for everything they did. Even if the whole super powers thing was real.

Sadly, they weren't invincible.

But it took one British college girl to bring them down.

Jean from Vivere Disce.

Read it at:
http://viveredisce-cogitamori.blogspot.com/2011/03/blame-it-on-clinical-depression-tome-2.html

I guess that proves it.

Slender Man is just screwing with us all.
Back to top Go down
Bard
Anxious
Bard

Current Win Points : 48

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Dammit, James-Jeff nb4'd me. Razz

I honestly fist-pumped in front of my computer when I saw this. It's such an eloquent way to solve so many annoying little ticks in the mythos, while managing to bring back some of the cool psychological second-guessing that has, for the most part, been missing from the blogs as of late. I approve of this so, so hard.

And the interaction with Vivere Disce - that's how it should be done, IMO. It wasn't drawn out in the comments section, and you don't need to read both blogs to understand what happened. But if, by chance, you do read both, the connection just makes the plot twist that much more effective, and enhances both blogs.

It's just...*squee* <3
Back to top Go down
ParaBellum
Untainted
ParaBellum

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Honestly, I think it was a good idea, but executed poorly. If I was Reach, I think I would have been more skeptical about 40 years of my "life" being all a lie; the Revelation was simply too much, too fast. Reach, I think, should have investigated the claims from Vivere disce by going back to Ireland and checking to see if his family was still there, or something along those lines. This way, it would have built up to the climax of Reach's life being a lie, and (I think) made it more believable.

Does this make sense? The above seems a bit incoherent, in hindsight.

-Scott
Back to top Go down
http://slendermanmustdie.blogspot.com/
Seann
Anxious
Seann

Current Win Points : 31

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:31 pm

^ No, that makes perfect sense, and I find myself agreeing. That actually sounds like it could have made a great arc.

HOWEVER, depending on how everyone in-universe reacts to this new revelation, it could ultimately pay off in the long-run. If bloggers take the time to explore the full implications of this new development, it could lead to a lot of really neat and pretty scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:33 pm

I agree with Scott. I'm glad this reset happened, but it felt like it happened a bit too fast to be completely believable.
Back to top Go down
SickSlickMan
Untainted

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:07 am

zero wrote:
well it just seems with Reach's thing, and EV apparently ending, we've sort of run our course, there's less 'big blogs' around, cept yours I guess, Omega. Very Happy

"Run our course?"

My friend, I am disappoint.

I'm just getting warmed up ;P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SickSilckMan?feature=mhum
Reach
Untainted
Reach

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:06 pm

zero wrote:

Yeah, but my big revelation is just building into a new arc. WYAITD ain't over yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WYAitD- Reaches Revelation   WYAitD- Reaches Revelation Empty

Back to top Go down

WYAitD- Reaches Revelation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: