Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Is a Happy Ending Possible?

Go down 
+21
Moriarty
ChaosGamma
Blue Eyes
Mr. Maestro
Neomenia
Zuckerman
Nedark
Pariah
zero
Roninator
Voidmaster
LisaEvermore
ParaBellum
Thage the Minithulu
SickSlickMan
Sam4books
Mr. Jeebles
Stormecho
Mephisto
CuteWithoutThe
SliceandDice
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

Current Win Points : 327

Is a Happy Ending Possible? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a Happy Ending Possible?   Is a Happy Ending Possible? - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:45 am

At present, I believe that "happiness" is not really an attainable emotion in any sort of slenderblog, (unless it's shit) whereas having the character reach some form contentment or acceptance is vastly more plausible - something I intend to use when mine is finished.
That or, yeah, you kill them off.
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Is a Happy Ending Possible?   Is a Happy Ending Possible? - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:09 am

It's possible, I guess, to have an ambiguously happy ending, or at least an ambiguously not-bad ending. The human drama element could end happily independently of the Slender Man bit, for instance.
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Zuckerman
Untainted

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Is a Happy Ending Possible?   Is a Happy Ending Possible? - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:14 am

Slender Man could just be one problem in a character's life, which happens to suck with or without him. Then there's Alternate Character Interpretation. Did the character actually enjoy having The Slender Man in their life because it made it eventful? If that's the case his absence wouldn't really count as a Happy Ending.
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Is a Happy Ending Possible?   Is a Happy Ending Possible? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:36 am

I think the happiest possible ending that doesn't violate the spirit of things is a stalemate. Literally "the blogger doesn't win but Slendy fucks off."

He's an enemy that can't be killed, I think everyone reasonable accepts that. Can he be thwarted on anything other than the short term? That's the real question. Maybe a blogger does a deal with him to get him to return from whence he came, at least for a time.

Even though I'm a diehard "GOOD GUYS SHOULD ALWAYS WIN QQ" guy, that doesn't really sit well in this mythos. Stalemate is the closest you can get.
Back to top Go down
http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is a Happy Ending Possible?   Is a Happy Ending Possible? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:59 pm

The is no real "happy ending" for the Mythos. The only happy ending is a personal one.

Your character settled his score with his personal proxy and is left by Slender Man; your character forgets that he ever existed; your character dies. All of these are approximations of happy-ish endings. Of course, these need to be kept as a scarcity. If every blog has joy at it's end, it cheapens it. But if there's ten blogs with their characters living in despair and hopelessness, it makes the happy ending seem all the more sweeter.

Of course, the Expanded Mythos/Fear Mythos has less options for happy endings.
Back to top Go down
darkje
Untainted
darkje

Current Win Points : -1

PostSubject: Re: Is a Happy Ending Possible?   Is a Happy Ending Possible? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:47 am

Well... let me add my two cents here *trows 2 cents*
I think you are all right.... but trying to find a happy ending often ends with you finding 10 more ways for the character to end up screwed.
Like the thing earlier Zuckerman said that maybe the character likes being followed by Slenderman? If you play that with the amnesia angle.... he is always going to be unfulfilled until his subconscious kicks in and reminds him of
Slendy one more time and it begins again. That would be a happyish ending
but is not really tieing up the loose ends is it?
Just a thought though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is a Happy Ending Possible?   Is a Happy Ending Possible? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is a Happy Ending Possible?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2