Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Life after Blawg

Go down 
+5
zero
Reach
Seann
Shayde
elevator_child
9 posters
AuthorMessage
elevator_child
Untainted
elevator_child

Current Win Points : 20

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:55 pm

So about 20 minutes ago I posted my second-to-last blog post, and it's actually really weird to think about a world where I'm not writing Time out of Mind. I've been doing this since august, and I'm going to miss the character and her world. I actually got a little weepy about it yesterday...weird, eh?
So for the people who have finished their slender series, do you miss it or do you never want to look at your series again? Will you go back and rewrite, or let it stand as is? Do you still comment on the mythos under another name? And are you going to jump right into another blog, or just sit back and read?

As for myself, I am going to start another blog in June, but there's going to be that long period of time between which is going to be very strange. But I'm excited to have this self-contained story going on, and I think I might be sneaking back to do a few little revisions in a few months.
Back to top Go down
http://ali-timeoutofmind.blogspot.com/
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:18 am

I'm nearly done with mine, and I feel almost exactly the same. I don't want to let go, even though I knew at some point I'd have to. And I think I'm gonna miss it slightly a lot. I love the way the whole fiction is linked across the hundreds of stories, and the way that everyone builds such a vast world by contributing their own pieces. And as far as I know, theres no other kind of fiction like it. I'll probably leave it to sit for a while, but I don't reckon I'll revisit it. As far as I can tell, my story will be done, and probably best left the way it is.

Though I may make a new one. Not sure, but I'm definitely gonna keep checking all the blogs whist I'm not Slenderbloging myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Seann
Anxious
Seann

Current Win Points : 31

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:39 am

When I finished Eccentrically Bored, I got bored real quick.

The next day I started Hidden in the Trees, so I could continue the protagonist's story and follow his exciting new life.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Reach
Untainted
Reach

Current Win Points : 66

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:22 am

I finished What You Are In The Dark last Friday. About a week beforehand, I started a new blog, on Friday I started another new blog with a co-writer and yesterday I started another new blog, though that one is non-Slender. Also, I have a vlog starting in the summer and four more Slenderblogs to do. So yeah, I'm not really "after blawg" yet.

But in reference to the end of WYAITD, well, on Wednesday, I started freaking out because I didn't think it was good enough to deserve an ending but I was snapped out of it, though, as I was walking home from piano on Friday, my brain started telling me "You have ten minutes, you can stop it. You can keep writing." But I didn't. And then I grinned for like four hours straight.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:24 am

well, staying in the mythos caused me to actually bring my character back. At first I just wanted an account to comment with, but then lo and behold, Remmy became zero, and we know how well that's going.

I guess it is sort of hard to leave the stories nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:12 pm

zero wrote:
well, staying in the mythos caused me to actually bring my character back. At first I just wanted an account to comment with, but then lo and behold, Remmy became zero, and we know how well that's going.

I guess it is sort of hard to leave the stories nowadays.
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:41 am

Well, I've just finished writing my last post (which goes up in 11 hours time), and I have to say, I'm glad. By the end, I really wasn't enjoying it. Every time I went to write something, it felt like a struggle, or work. I ended up hating it a little. But now I'm done, I can look back and say, "that was alright, not the greatest thing ever, but hell, you gave it a shot". Now I'm gonna need something to fill the gap *looks awkwardly at Minecraft*...

I guess that I'm gonna lurk among the blogs for a bit, until I get my next blog started...(oh, and it'll possibly be IN SPACE!)
Back to top Go down
Guestguy2187
Untainted
Guestguy2187

Current Win Points : 6

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Well, there really was no "After-blog" for me. Kind of. After HF I took about a month break, then started up another one (It's in my sig) which is going to wrap soon, and I've got a non-slender blog that I've just started.
Back to top Go down
SliceandDice
Anxious
SliceandDice

Current Win Points : 18

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:28 pm

I just finished Live In the Light

I feel kinda empty. I've been working on this blog for a long time, since Novemberish? I was posting nearly every day for a while there. It was one of my biggest free time consumers for a while.

I don't regret anything about it, other then the way I used some of the characters. I think I did what I wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Sam4books
Observer
Sam4books

Current Win Points : 54

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:43 pm

It was sad to see him go, but it was for the best I suppose Sad

Still, poor everybody.
Back to top Go down
http://sam4books.deviantart.com/
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:43 am

Slice had a good end, and if you have no regrets about how you wrote, then you did very well for yourself.

Remember the adage: Kill your babies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life after Blawg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after Blawg   Life after Blawg Empty

Back to top Go down

Life after Blawg
Page 1 of 1