Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KayWhyEllEee
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog?   Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 am

So TJA is going a bit crazy with the crossovers. But I think they'll just make it amount to a kickass finale. TJ said on her out-of-character blog that the series only has, at most, 5 entries left. But I noticed a few people that dislike all the 5zer02 crossover, as well as the EverymanHYBRID cameo, and confusion about the MLAnderson0 namedrop, so I wanted to see other opinions.

Also, TJ announced a solo project on her blog. She only handed out the link to like 10 people, and sadly I wasn't fast enough, but some thoughts on that too? It's supposed to be officially announced on Unfiction in a month or 2.
Back to top Go down
http://kaywhyelleee.tumblr.com
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog?   Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:33 am

Here's my take.

I didn't like the Everyman Hybrid cameo because it didn't do anything. In the video where Evan shows up, there was never any reason for that video to be posted in the first place. Amy and Tj didn't recognize Evan, and nothing else really happened in that particular video. So why did I watch it? All it did was give me a cameo. Yes, I know that cameos, by nature, don't contribute to plot much, but they should still happen for a reason. And shouldn't Amy, Tj, and Evan, logically, recognized eachother? I guess, I just feel that the whole video could have been utalized way better.

As for the 5zer02 crossover, I guess I don't really care, except that they broke the cardinal rule of crossing over. There was a blog entry (I think at Slenderbloggins) about the rules for making good crossovers. The ideal way to do it, is to crossover, without seeming unnatural to those viewers who don't watch the other blog. Give us enough exposition to introduce us to the new characters, but not so much that you seem like you're explaining OOG. I don't watch 5zer02, so I don't really understand (or care about) what all is going on.

I dunno. I don't really care when series crossover, I just want to be able to understand whats going on. Which TJA hasn't been able to do in entirety.
Back to top Go down
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog?   Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Actually I'm pretty sure Xakk was referenced fairly early on as being connected to Amy (as her boyfriend? I think?) through conversation while she and TJ were wandering around in one video. She also pointed out at the same time that some he'd been posting some weird stuff lately and now his friends were saying he'd gone missing and they were out looking for him. I can't remember how exactly it all went, I just know that there was exposition given early on to suggest a connection, Before the 5zero02 guys showed up. Because I didn't watch or know about that vlog either, but when they showed up I still knew exactly who they were because I remembered the girls talking about them before.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog?   Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:25 pm

I like to think that the Evan cameo was for fun. Not meant to add anything, just to say, "Look everyone! EVAN!" Especially since he's (arguably) one of the most popular characters in the slendersphere. At least I was laughing and got all fan crazy when I saw him.

TJA is trying their very best to do something that I can appreciate. Nod the other series. I know that "in character" we aren't suppose to be aware of the other people going through slender shennangans. But by doing this they are saying two things;
1. I recognize these series as both fun and interesting to ourselves and slenderfans as a whole. So therefore I tip my hat to you.
2. Giving these other series a new fanbase that newbies may not have been previously aware of.
Honestly, everyone is making vlogs and blogs for a reason. To be read and watched. And how the hell are you going to get noticed if you don't do a little self promotion. Or in this case, promotion of others.

As for 5zer02, they only make the connection as to Xakk's and Amy's relationship when she gets that text from him. I would have to agree with Checkers that the crossover seems to have come from nowhere. And in order to keep the fans of one series sedated, you have to give some kind of explanation as to who these new people are and why the hell are they interrupting my slenderseries?
But as I have said before, I'm still a fan of the 5zer02 series. And the connections aren't completely off, just very mysterious. I'm kinda holding out for some big payoff or plot twist that shows why they got involved with TJA.
These two series have relied on keeping the viewers out of the loop on details. So lets just hope that comes to a head. Especially since there are only an expected 5 episodes left from TJA. I wonder if 5zer02 will end too.

Also Yay to ending series. Don't get me wrong, I love watching these shennangans, but I also love it when they have an ending. And seeing as how there is only one vlog that has officially completed itself, this will be nice and refreshing.
YAY Closure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog?   Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the crossovers? And TJ's solo vlog?
Page 1 of 1