Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Der Ritter: SlendeRP.

Go down 
+9
Thage the Minithulu
Voidmaster
WhiteWolf
LostSkeleton
altiumvidetur
Zander
BlackWolf
TripleDPie
Moriarty
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Voidmaster
Anxious
Voidmaster

Current Win Points : 25

Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Speaking of Christianity, specifically Catholicism, I was curious if you were considering having Catholic Priest, or Monk be a part of the potential roles available, and I sort of wanted to request being one of the said Catholic Priests....

But you chose in the end, so I really shouldn't ask to be any particular thing. Ignore the request, lol. Still, I do want you to consider a clergy role of some kind. It makes sense to me that after the initial encounters between townspeople and HIM, they would very quickly run to their local church/priest, or monks/monastery.

Seeing how a priest's supposed authority over 'demons' play out against Slendy would be cool, as well as the entire catholic hierarchy. Now, whether or not they actually have a mitigating affect against HIM would be up to you. Just food for thought.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:13 pm

My prediction: the priest gets pwned. But that's just my guess. Twisted Evil

And if it's possible to make a request, I think I might like to play a kid...
Back to top Go down
Voidmaster
Anxious
Voidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:26 pm

The priest would probably get pwned, yes, but there are so many other awesome possibilities that could be involved, I think we would be missing out if we didn't have them in it, lol.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:04 am

Yeah, it's like all the people in the village or whatever trying to use Christian theology to make sense of Slendy. That was the reason I asked if the RP was going to be during the Burning Times - obviously people would blame all the trouble on a witch. But your idea is just as good. Smile
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Observer
WhiteWolf

Current Win Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:27 am

I'd like to RP as a witch, or someone accused of practicing witchcraft. That would be cool! *wishes there was a smiley with a witch hat*
Back to top Go down
Voidmaster
Anxious
Voidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:40 am

Personally, I wouldn't want to make them bad guys right away(witch burning an innocent, for example). Though, the idea of witch-burning and proxies sort of fit together, if they could even temporarily restrain a proxy.

And they may not even go the witch route. The forest may just be evil, you know. Still, it's a good idea and worth exploring. Smile

EDIT: Some light research has revealed that during this time period, the very belief in witches was outlawed, and the witch trials of the Inquisition only began in the early 1300's. Course, doesn't preclude the inclusion of witches and witch trials. People do all sorts of irrational things during a crisis.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 am

Not to spoil anyone's fun, but the witch hunts in Europe didn't really start until the 1400s. During the time period which Detective's talking about, belief in witches was considered heresy, and in some regions, burning someone you claimed to be a witch was punishable by death.

But it's Detective's game, so if she wants to allow witch hunts a bit earlier in the timeline, then by jingo they had witch hunts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Voidmaster wrote:
clergy role
YES.

altiumvidetur wrote:
creepy chillens
YES.

Awesome. I love you guys.

So I think what we'll do is have a certain number of people who are allowed to fit in any particular role - i.e., there can only be two clergymen, only three knights, and one peasant family (mother, father, creepy children, etc.), and so on.

Thanks for the info, Omega :D No witches, sorry WhiteWolf.
Spoiler:

I've pretty much decided that this is going to take place in the 900s. Also, I think we'll start in March. I want to get the background details down, give you people maps and everything. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

Current Win Points : 84

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Ooh, can I be a Swiss mercenary? I do believe they were a rather noteworthy force in many German and French armies up until their use was ruled a war crime.

edited for typo that's small, but major
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Hm. Potentially. But you'd have a rather small role. I don't know what I'd do with a mercenary... other than have them run into the Knights. >.>
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Detective wrote:
Hm. Potentially. But you'd have a rather small role. I don't know what I'd do with a mercenary... other than have them run into the Knights. >.>
Wonder WTF is going on with that skinny chap terrorizing the countryside, investigate on his superior's orders, and go nuts/die/become a Renfield/something else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:02 pm

:/ You have a point... okay, fine.
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Detective wrote:
:/ You have a point... okay, fine.
>.> If you're against it, just say so, goof. Not gonna break my heart (okay, maybe a little) Razz
Back to top Go down
LostSkeleton
Anxious
LostSkeleton

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:44 pm

I also say that a priest is a great role and wouldn't mine being one in the rp. Through priest of course follow strict laws including no violence, of course that can change in certain...circumstances. Remeber also that if it takes place during the der ritter time which the wood carving was said to be from the 1500s than a whole new window opens for combat meaning firearms. And their are those black plague doctors that went around with their funky masks. I think that would be a fun role too.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Untainted
GLaDOS

Current Win Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:46 pm

...yes, it interests me, you win
Back to top Go down
PabloR
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:38 pm

This idea seems really interesting, and I will help in anyway I can. I'd like to join this when it starts up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:33 pm

I think I'll look into starting this up in the fall.
Back to top Go down
Sam4books
Observer
Sam4books

Current Win Points : 54

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:41 pm

I may join this as well.

Might even make a Goldsmith, or some sort of dude looking into alchemy. Or a knight that hates everything...

So many choices...

Look forward to seeing what becomes of this fruit :3
Back to top Go down
http://sam4books.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Der Ritter: SlendeRP. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Der Ritter: SlendeRP.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2