Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Tips for a Slender Man movie?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
T-man
Untainted

Current Win Points : 14

Tips for a Slender Man movie? Empty
PostSubject: Tips for a Slender Man movie?   Tips for a Slender Man movie? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Me and two of my friends were thinking about making Slender Man vlog or found-footage style movie. I was wondering if anyone who had done something like that before had any tips. I'm probably going to be working off a $30-$40 budget and using my friends camcorder (which I have never seen but he says is 60 megapixels). Anything at all would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Bio
Untainted

Current Win Points : 37

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a Slender Man movie?   Tips for a Slender Man movie? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:02 pm

If you want to do a film under 40 to 50 $ you will need some clever cheap thinking and be ready to borrow stuff from freinds and family and or dumpster diving.

My own slender man film already have about 500$ planned to be put into it. would of cost more If I was not so lucky to have a school computer with all the programs I need on it.
Back to top Go down
Cyanne
Anxious
Cyanne

Current Win Points : -5

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a Slender Man movie?   Tips for a Slender Man movie? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Gore.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a Slender Man movie?   Tips for a Slender Man movie? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:06 pm

One thing you should do is increase your budget. I don't think you can do much with a $30-$40 budget. To add depth and detail to the vlog, you will need the materials you need to do it. The production on my Slender-Vlog has already cost me around $110, I believe, and that was just for the camera and costume props.

Another thing you should do is go location-scouting. You'll need a lot of places to shoot the film to make it interesting. Plus, it's really fun to go location-scouting because you discover so many things along the way, especially with friends.

Basically, you just need to add a lot of depth into the production, because I'm sure we've seen a lot of vlogs that don't have depth and are just very plain.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
PostIt
Anxious
PostIt

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a Slender Man movie?   Tips for a Slender Man movie? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeah, I don't think you need ahuge budget, but with a small one like that, just make sure that you're prepared to think outside of the box. Troll thrift stores, swap meets, flea markets and yes, dumpsters. You can find some awesome props for pretty darn cheap. Also, check craigslist free listings DAILY. You never know what treasures you might find. It also helps if you have some people who are capable or willing to learn how to make props/sew/or set build.

It's also very important to know how to write around the things you can't budget. For example, if you only have three or four rooms available to you to film in, then you'd better be able to explain why that character only travels to those three rooms, and/or be able to set dress those rooms to look completely different from one another.

Also, as someone above me said, location scout, location scout,location scout. Seriously, hop on your bike and explore every street, wooded area and park in your vacinity. Figure out everywhere that you can get to, and how and what all you can transport there. Don't be afraid to ask favours either. If there is an area that looks perfect, or a prop that belongs to someone else or some building that you desperately want to shoot, don't be afraid to ask if your permitted to use it and explain how and why you want to use it. Often times people will be interested and willing to let you provided you're responsible.

Mostly its just important that you are able to bring something new to the game, and that you have the innovation to figure out how to do it. Its a lot of work, but anybody can do it if they're willing to put in the time. Good luck! I look forward to seeing!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a Slender Man movie?   Tips for a Slender Man movie? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips for a Slender Man movie?
Page 1 of 1