Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender Man Game

Go down 
+2
Dr. Squirtle
Schwiggy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Schwiggy
Untainted
Schwiggy

Current Win Points : 3

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:02 pm

It's true, I was stalked by Slender Man in my dreams during the development of the game - complete with the camera effects happening to my vision, asleep, and awake in daydreams. That'll teach me to make a horror game where the AI requires lots of testing.

Anyway, here are some clips of gameplay; sorry in advance for the graphics Razz

I was given 3-4 weeks to complete a scary game for a Halloween competition, and this was the result. If you like weeping angels from Dr. Who then you'll be able to figure out Slendy's AI pretty fast, but I still find it difficult to make it through without blacking out at least once. So give it a play, tell me what you think! For this particular game I value the feedback of this community more than any other forum or social network on the web.

Slender Man game page on my site

Direct Dropbox Download

Note: it's PC only for now Sad you need Wine and certain settings to run it on Mac or Linux.

Aside from questions/criticism/feedback on this game, I'd also like to discuss here the possibility of future games featuring Slendy. I'm thinking about at least including some kind of nod to it or easter eggs later on but if enough people really want it I think I might make a bigger, more varied game with Slenderman as the main antagonist.

Also, if you've tried to make a game before but hit a roadblock or didn't know where to start I can offer you advice and tips that will help you in the right direction.

Thanks for checking the game out and making this community what it is!
-Schwiggy
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenmeteorteam.com/
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Good! The graphics, though primitive, capture teh mood and make it creepier.
Back to top Go down
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

Current Win Points : 17

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 am

Wait, you made this?

I LOVE YOU 5EVAR.
EVAR.

More than I love stomping the concealed faces of Maskies. Srsly.

EDIT: Also, downloaded this like 2 weeks ago and OH MY GOD. :'D

Last edited by EvilRhino229 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wait what's an internet)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 am

I'm looking for a project for the whole Fear Mthyos. Except in this universe, they are cosidered as gods. You'll know what I mean if you've read H.P. Lovecraft or played The Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Seriously, if you decide to make something like that, I want to help.
Back to top Go down
herobrine2001
Untainted
herobrine2001

Current Win Points : 6

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:12 am

I extracted the files in gamefiles but now what do I do? nothing popped up on my desktop.
Back to top Go down
Schwiggy
Untainted
Schwiggy

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am

@Herobrine
The default download and extraction location is usually your Downloads folder. Just make sure of where you're extracting to and go there (for a pop-up you would have to have the option to "show extracted files" and check-mark it). Within the file called gamefiles you will need to run Slenderman.exe, it has the operator symbol as an icon. The file is kinda messy with all those dll's :/

@EvilRhino
Thanks! haha, I'm guessing you found it on YouTube?

@Dr.Squirtle
Thanks for the good word; I guess it's fitting for you to have the first post since you were the first to play it here Razz
I read some of Lovecraft's writing after the quest "A Shadow Over Hackdirt" (a spinoff of The Shadow Over Innsmouth) sparked my interest.

The fear mythos would be a good basis for a full-length game with Slenderman, and you pretty much have to portray some antagonist(s) as a "god" to fill the role of "the shadow" in a story that's going to scare people more than just making them jump. I think they'd have to be resolved somehow though, some by defeat and some by an arrangement where they can no longer hurt the player. People get so invested in games that they need catharsis at the end and to not be punished for good work. When someone watches Jurassic park it's, "They died. And the other ones got out alive." In a dinosaur game it's cases of, "I died." and "Phew, I finally made it." So I guess I mean it would be a series of addressing fears.

In this game the masked men are supposed to be related to fear of man and self. If you run quickly to a location where you recently passed out, you'll find a masked man lying on the ground just as if you wrestled him. Your past selves are slowly building up the more you lose consciousness until you finally resolve them, in this case with a gun. It was a quick solution since I had to go help my brother the night of the deadline when he was in a car accident. I was hoping to add a "good ending" but it worked out alright coincidentally when the Marble Hornets episode that immediately followed the game's release happened to end with a gun also.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:21 pm

I suggest watching or reading a synopsis Of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth to get an idea of what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

Current Win Points : 17

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Um... Guys... I just killed Slender Man. Like, I got to the handgun part, and when I was inside the house and searching for antagonists to shoot, he just kind of appeared... So I shot at a Masky hiding behind him (the coward!) and I missed. GUYS I SHOT SLENDER MAN AND HE DISAPPEARED INTO A PUFF OF SMOKE ALONE IN THE DARK-STYLE. That isn't even the first time I tried to do so, but it was the first time he actually died!
Now that I feel like a boss, I'm gonna go play Condemned: Criminal Origins to lower my video game self confidence.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
Schwiggy
Untainted
Schwiggy

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:00 pm

@Dr.Squirtle
I've read the synopsis, I may watch through a let's play on YouTube. I thiiinnkk I understand what you mean. Rather than just lone villainous, enigmatic fears, they have a following and a plan for spreading?

@Evilrhino
Funny thing about that... The game actually would crash if the slenderman object was destroyed, so I simply forced him to stay in one place a long distance away. Just from a flaw in the engineering... heh... DUN DUN DUN.
Still though, good job! I think very few people have beaten it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

Not a plan for spreading neccesarily, they've always been there, and they have cultists. They don't want to kill you outright; but they're so powerful that when Cthulhu twitches in his sleep half the world goes insane. If you don't get what I mean, just look at slendy. He doesn't just come up and randomly murder a stranger. The cultists, however, will kill you. Combined with the fears, it would be awesome. Watch a playthrough.
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:03 am

It looks good...
Back to top Go down
2pooked4this
Untainted

Current Win Points : -1

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game EmptySat May 18, 2013 11:46 pm

woooow this spooked me so much when i played it. spending 20 minutes shooting the men with no indication that that's what i should do almost spooked me to death

Slender Man Game ImC9qL70F0SsC

wow how will i even sleep after this srsly i'm spooked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slender Man Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Game   Slender Man Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender Man Game
Page 1 of 1