Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Considering Making a Blog/Vlog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SunshineShadows
Anxious
SunshineShadows

Current Win Points : 8

Considering Making a Blog/Vlog Empty
PostSubject: Considering Making a Blog/Vlog   Considering Making a Blog/Vlog EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:55 pm

So, I actually think I have a pretty good plot set up, and I have a few characters and people willing to act, so I guess I'm more than considering this xD

The camera I am going to be using is excellent for this sort of thing, so I'm covered on that part.

My only issue is going to be editing. What programs are best for creating audio/visual distortions?

Also, if any of you got an actor to play Slender Man, what sorts of things did you use for the costume?

Back to top Go down
http://www.magickalnerd.tumblr.com
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Considering Making a Blog/Vlog   Considering Making a Blog/Vlog EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Try Sony Vegas, It has not failed me yet but get the demo first to make sure you can use it.
Back to top Go down
http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
SunshineShadows
Anxious
SunshineShadows

PostSubject: Re: Considering Making a Blog/Vlog   Considering Making a Blog/Vlog EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Is there a certain version of it that's a bit cheaper than $600, that I might be able to get? I found Sony Vegas Movie Studio for about sixty dollars, but I'm unsure if it will be able to produce the distortions I want.
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Considering Making a Blog/Vlog   Considering Making a Blog/Vlog EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:54 pm

I think that's what I use, Get the demo first though.
Back to top Go down
http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
richardneverwinter
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Considering Making a Blog/Vlog   Considering Making a Blog/Vlog EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:03 am

I use the full version of Sony Vegas and I find it works brilliantly for what we need. Distortion and effects are all there, and pretty easy to use once you work it out. It's easy enough to get off the internet as well (TPB). We bought a white morph suit for slenderman and used a shirt and jacket for the slender outfit.
Back to top Go down
SunshineShadows
Anxious
SunshineShadows

PostSubject: Re: Considering Making a Blog/Vlog   Considering Making a Blog/Vlog EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Sweet, thanks for the advice!

Did you get someone tall for Slender Man and make some arm extensions? I know some people use simple planks of wood or poles to make the arms look shapely, and sew on an extra stretch of black fabric, but my main concern is making my Slender Man look tall if I can't find an actor that is particularly, well, tall.
Back to top Go down
richardneverwinter
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Considering Making a Blog/Vlog   Considering Making a Blog/Vlog EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:49 am

One of the friends I'm doing the series with is pretty tall and thin so we got him to do the slenderman, we didn't actually use extensions for the arms (we hadn't really thought of that), we just kept it the way it was so it didn't look too unrealistic. A low camera angle looking up at the slenderman is probably the easiest way to make someone look taller without using stilts or anything like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Considering Making a Blog/Vlog   Considering Making a Blog/Vlog Empty

Back to top Go down

Considering Making a Blog/Vlog
Page 1 of 1