Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)

Go down 
+28
Etreo
Wowcomix
River Song
DarkAngelofAsh
Vaportwo
Enigma-Kal
apokAlypse
Captivus
GunRecon
Totheark
devilkat
thechosenjuan
Xyerletterle
Zeruel104
Reno727
DFW
Todesfurcht
The Slender Man
SaraDearest
britaki
sethlapod555
Zander
SunshineShadows
Crusergirl
Picklen'UrSickel
Catachan
Wimmerism99
TailsFoxy
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) Empty
PostSubject: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:43 am

Entity Website

We don't know too much about this movie yet, but
considering the flagrant use of the Operator symbol and the
(claw-bearing?) Slenderman, I think it deserves a thread here.

Unlike Sinister, which looked at least a little varied, the trailer kind
of views like the most cliché horror movie one could make out of a
creature like Slenderman. Fire, old town, missing children, the
symbol... and screaming. Lots of screaming.

What do you all think?

Last edited by TailsFoxy on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
Wimmerism99
Untainted
Wimmerism99

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:51 am

I must see this!!
Back to top Go down
Catachan
Anxious
Catachan

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:12 am

It has potential... but why claws?
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:32 am

Catachan wrote:

dude! thats sick! and why u hatin on the claws! holy crap the claws are freaky as shit! I must SEE!
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:12 am

I can appreciate that it at least looks very clean and nicely shot. That alone gives me hope for it. And it looks like they filter between the home video stuff and third person perspective. So that peaks my interest. And as far at the claws are concerned, everyone has their different interpretations of Slender Man. If they can get me to go along with the claws in the action of the flick then I'll allow it.
Otherwise I can't tell much about this by the trailer. The website is pretty much untouched as well only having the trailer to see.
I am intrigued though.
Back to top Go down
SunshineShadows
Anxious
SunshineShadows

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 am

It looks a little stereotypical, and from the acting at the beginning, I'm not too sure how to feal.

From a professional actress' standpoint, the acting looked awful (aside from when they were acting terrified) . The claws also kind of get me because I never plagued Slendy to be the kind of thing that tore people apart. I thought he went for the long haul with his chosen target, and got proxies to do any and all killing and/or injuring, as well as pretty much anything else that requires physical interaction.

From what it looks like, they turned the Slender Man myth into a paranormal slasher film, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out anything else about it that might prove my theory wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.magickalnerd.tumblr.com
Catachan
Anxious
Catachan

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:23 am

Picklen'UrSickel wrote:
Catachan wrote:

dude! thats sick! and why u hatin on the claws! holy crap the claws are freaky as shit! I must SEE!
Because it doesn't matter how awesome it is, if you're not bothering to do the right things for your monster, no one is going to be interested. It'd be like Jason Voorhees coming back to life for another movie, only to open Camp Crystal Lake as a summer camp for special kids and helping them cope with their disabilities instead of being an uncaring killing machine.
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:12 am

I mean you have point there ... hmm more that I think of it.. it makes him scarier but yea the trailer sorta pulls a Freddy vs Jason .... It seems bloody... not to slendy... hmm however I love the addition of the claws I think it makes slenderman all around more creepy and im open to additions.. just not drastic ones...... But this trailer left me with goosebumps something that slendy has not left me with in a long time.. im really looking forward to it...
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 am

I don't mind the "claws" so much, as they look more like long fingers in the last shot. My main problem with that trailer was the fact that they showed him outright. If you're going to do a Slender Man film, take a page from the people who made The Woman In Black and take the subtle route.

I really hope they did their research. I, really, really hope so. From what I can gather, they're going along the lines of the original story Victor Surge made, what with the town and the fire thing, but the Operator Symbols kinda worry me.

And is it just me or did that neighbor sound like Bruce Campbell.
Back to top Go down
Catachan
Anxious
Catachan

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:15 pm

Zander wrote:
And is it just me or did that neighbor sound like Bruce Campbell.

On the second playthrough, it does sound like him. Maybe he'll show up and kill slendy with a shotgun and chainsaw, Evil Dead style.

Also, I checked out the website. If you go on their facebook, there's a lot more stuff there to look at, but most of it is pictures.

Last edited by Catachan on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 pm

I am so psyched for this movie. The effects on Slender Man look amazing, especially with those long-fingered, claw-like hands of his.

This movie looks extremely well-planned and it has some extreme potential.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
britaki
Anxious
britaki

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:38 am

The acting was a bit stale but the few shots of Slenderman looked cool at least. (I don't mind the claws.)

I don't know...I'll wait for a more detailed trailer I guess.
Back to top Go down
SaraDearest
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:45 am

whooaaaa!!! Definitely not what I had anticipated, but I'm psyched to see it!!!
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:50 am

I have a feeling that it's going to suck...
Back to top Go down
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:48 am

Why does everyone want a movie with a lack of Slenderman footage? We've had enough of that... You guys ask for unique things and saying that definitely isn't going to make anything unique, I'm honestly sick of five second shots of Slenderman.

This does feel like a shitty Hollywood movie but the Slenderman effects are too kick-ass to pass by, if I have too I will watch this movie only for that reason but then again, the overused operator symbols worry me.
Back to top Go down
DFW
Observer
DFW

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:10 am

I agree, the acting looks meh, but I still wanna see this if just for the effects and the slendy.
Back to top Go down
Reno727
Untainted
Reno727

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 am

something i cannot get out of my head is he has claws.. Slender-Rake?!
But seriously it looks ok. better then others so far and the trailer is half decent compared to alot of others
Back to top Go down
Zeruel104
Untainted
Zeruel104

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:59 pm

"slender rake" was kinda what i got from it too, I feel that the claws make him too aggressive, I've always seen him as a very passive entity.

but then again he is open to interpretation, so I'll let it go.

if it comes out in theaters I'd see it.
Back to top Go down
Xyerletterle
Untainted
Xyerletterle

Location : That shed in your backyard? You know, the one with the rotting door? That's it.

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 am

Excited! Sidelook
I personally love the way they created Slenderman. It looks unique but follows the basic principles.
Back to top Go down
thechosenjuan
Untainted
thechosenjuan

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Hopefully this movie is a good one. Personally excited for this particular movie just on their interpretation of Slenderman. I like the whole black claws thing, gives me the vibe of the Slenderman from the first few posts of Just Another Fool.
Back to top Go down
devilkat
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 am

Im keeping my fingers crossed but with Hollywoods track record kind of nervous about it. Would like to see more slender man in action instead of quick blurry shots. I just hope we get tentacles.
Back to top Go down
Totheark
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:49 pm

it doesnt look like the best movie ever, espeacially with the operator symbol everywhere, but I have been a slender man fan since it started. i knew what it was since day one, and this is what we all wanted. admit it to yourself, you wanted every one to know what the slender man was, and this is finally it. first the game and now a movie. i remember when it was only creepypasta, no, only a picture on a forum. so in my opinion, this is amazing.
Back to top Go down
GunRecon
Untainted

Current Win Points : -3

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:43 am

I thought more "The Rake just jacked slendys symbol and fucked up his community" morr than "freaky slendy vibes"

God. That makes me feel like a ass.
Back to top Go down
Captivus
Untainted

Current Win Points : -4

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:40 am

Well at the end of the day a block buster Slender Man movie have to come out and in effect you guys could throw your wight behind it. At the same time the claws are not needed. Because it points out the fact he's a monster that can do physical harm and not just something more like a ghost that stalks people. Which in most fan-fiction is all he is.

In truth it could work well if the Slender Man was just hinted at or just talked about and maybe even show briefly. But the main antagonist was the Rake.
But it does not seem that would sit well with you people. Err, well some of you.

I don't know what they can do to make him creepy. But if they make it so the Slender Man just walks around and vanishes people, then the movie would be flamed as a Grudge rip-off. The claws change the Slender Man into something more like the Rake. But at the same time, allows the writers to keep his stalker aspect in check.

PS: I don't know if I'm braking any rules by posting in this thread but if I am, sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.something.com
apokAlypse
Untainted
apokAlypse

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:55 am

Judging by the trailer it looks like another cliché half-crappy move with casual jumpscares but nothing really creative about it. Except the claws. And what in the name of fudge is that all about? xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)   ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie) Empty

Back to top Go down

ENTITY (a Slenderman Movie)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next