Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Songs that really get to you.

Go down 
+13
Eli Victus
Todesfurcht
The Doctor
Raccoon
Hooligan Spirit
Huaimoitu
xyzombie
TheFallenenvoy
Etreo
aGamingFish
GeorgePenn
Cougar Draven
sethlapod555
17 posters
AuthorMessage
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

Songs that really get to you. Empty
PostSubject: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 am

There has been one specific song that has always got to me lately, sometimes to the point of me crying.

The first time I heard it was in Dictator by Shwiggan, and then in Nobody Lives Forever by DaCameraBeard. Both of those times I basically cried, moreso DaCameraBeard's video than Shwiggan's, but I felt many feels nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Pretty much anything by Nine Inch Nails changes the way my brain functions for short periods of time, but A Warm Place and Zero-Sum are probably the most effective on me.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
GeorgePenn
Taken
GeorgePenn

Current Win Points : 52

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 pm

I always get a little bit emotional when I listen to Hong Kong by Gorillaz. A genuinely beautiful song.
Back to top Go down
aGamingFish
Anxious
aGamingFish

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:52 pm

GeorgePenn wrote:
I always get a little bit emotional when I listen to Hong Kong by Gorillaz. A genuinely beautiful song.
Couldn't agree more! Don't forget Empire Ants too...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GreyPixelFilms?feature=mhee
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm

It's got to be I'm Yours by The Script. That song hits me right in the soul. But I also get quite mellow whilst listening to Summit by Skrillex.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:42 pm

aGamingFish wrote:
GeorgePenn wrote:
Couldn't agree more! Don't forget Empire Ants too...

These are the Gorillaz songs that get me.

Back to top Go down
Huaimoitu
Untainted
Huaimoitu

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:48 am

I am not sure I can properly describe how Night Walking Wearing The Human Body by Susumu Hirasawa makes me feel. There is a sort of slightly melancholy hope that it presents. One that is ultimately more freeing and satisfying than all the pleasures that an earthly and passionate life can provide. It is a song about letting go of all those fetters and achieving the ultimate enlightenment and true satisfaction. It is about making that one last step needed. For while it is hard to let go of everything you are and everything you have gained ultimately it is more freeing than this life ever could be.

The melody and very feel of the song fits rather well with the meaning behind it. It is to me all the troubles I currently face and what I stand to truly gain at the end of the road if I can but follow it. For reference here is the song itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbBssooRD3c
Back to top Go down
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious
Hooligan Spirit

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:51 pm

I don't know why, but this song makes me nostalgic.

This next one really gets to me. My grandmother & other older relatives would always play Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Untainted
Raccoon

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 5:41 pm

This song always takes me back to a hard part of my life that I'm still recovering from.

Back to top Go down
http://marblefishnets.tumblr.com/
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Les Miserables....'Nuff Said...
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:49 pm

This song has a beautiful meaning, gets me through my times of darkness and anxiety.

Back to top Go down
Eli Victus
Untainted

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 12:37 am

Ever since I first got into Tool, this has always been the song I've considered my "theme song", of you would. Or the song I've heard that fits me the most. When I listen to this song, it helps me reflect. On life, on the meaning of things, and the people I care for most.
Back to top Go down
BlueMarble
Stalked

Current Win Points : 149

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:39 am

Wow, a lot of them. There's Musical Box by Genesis and the whole In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson. As well as Supper's Ready by Genesis
Back to top Go down
http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
Nexus
Untainted

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 am

For some reason this just touches my soul.
Back to top Go down
GeorgePenn
Taken
GeorgePenn

Current Win Points : 52

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 1:22 pm

This song....man, there is just this power that this song has over me. Especially this version. I honestly don't know what it is that makes me tear up. There's something in his voice, in the lyrics. I don't know. I just adore this song and listen to it on a very consistent basis.
Back to top Go down
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:47 pm

Just... There's something about the voice, and the lyrics themselves. It's like a swan song, sort of like I could almost visualise the last cowboy riding off into the sunset while this is playing. It just conveys that this is the end in a sort of gentle, almost resigned fashion.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:10 am

Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:33 am

Holy hell you posted on this thread a DAY before the rule states it should be locked, so 59 days. Now that's talent, I actually found that pretty cool.

Anyway, a song that really gets to me has to be:

It's just so beautiful, and it makes me feel so happy when I play Thomas was Alone at the chapter this song is played at.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:47 pm

I'm usually more 'effected' by songs which have no lyrics. I've often found sentimentality in Electronic music in particular, so here's one that I'd say gets to me. Others incluse "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" by Skrillex (Not the 'drop', if you can even call it that) and The Veldt by Deadmau5. Though admittedly that one has lyrics.

Benga - I will never change.
Back to top Go down
BlueMarble
Stalked

Current Win Points : 149

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:15 pm

This was the first Genesis song I listened to. I was driving in a car (songs I hear while travelling tend to be memorable).

A song by King Crimson, my favourite band. It has that special something you look for in a song.

Mike Oldfield's music has a special place in my heart. It was the first musician whose music I found perfect. 

High Hopes by Pink Floyd. It brings back nice memories.

Last but not least, In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson. It's probably the most memorable song I ever listened to.

I think that's enough Smile
Back to top Go down
http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs that really get to you.   Songs that really get to you. Empty

Back to top Go down

Songs that really get to you.
Page 1 of 1