Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Thanksgiving Footage

Go down 
+28
thatthingyouhate
According
LostSkeleton
PARADOX intent
Get-In-Pants
The Master
Trygon
LuciaInFurs
AlanAuch
elevator_child
Ulysses
Mewiththeface
Glomple
Sachael
quofomo
Empty
kidofthefuture123
Vivi
Nedark
Hither-Thither
Wolfloner
Zander
BanishedZaber
LisaEvermore
DaLadybugMan
altiumvidetur
Mr. Jeebles
niox
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ulysses
Anxious
Ulysses

Current Win Points : 11

The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Sachael wrote:
niox wrote:
TribeTwelve's video was MUCH better than EMH's video. There's just no disputing that.

*disputes that*

Thrilling rebuttal, chap.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:11 pm

AlanAuch wrote:
just to check, does Noah actually say "it was him" at the very end of the vid? Sounds like it to me, but it's hard to be sure between the sobbing and the engine noise
I agree, I thought I heard him say that too.

Sachael wrote:
niox wrote:
TribeTwelve's video was MUCH better than EMH's video. There's just no disputing that.

*disputes that*
I second this dispute, and quote my post on the new EMH video thread as my support.

Vivi wrote:
I
first saw a post on the TT thread claiming that the last TT update was
better than the new EMH vid, and maybe it braced me for the worst but
holy cow was that bologne. Not that this newest video was spectacular,
but it wasnt meant to be HORRIFYING and wound up falling flat on narm.
It was an update, which did a solid non-cringeworthy job in the acting
department. and was amusing.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
niox
Anxious
niox

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:13 pm

I just think everyone's butthurt because there hasn't been a Slendy appearance in TT for a while, or EMH even for that matter, let alone MH. :/
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Trying my hardest not to derail the topic here, so I'll shut up after this post, but I hold the position that if you concentrate on "Ooh, when was the last time we saw slendy." then you wont be able to enjoy the storyline for its character development, acting, and new themes that they inject to the mythos and ARG sphere on the whole.

Once I let it go that EMH was indeed NOT solely a Slenderman series, it became much better.

[/derailment]
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

Current Win Points : 179

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:27 pm

It's not just about Slenderman. The last EMH video was all around leaner and meaner. Less melodrama, less bad acting, less cheesy effects, less farting around watching hipster kids play games. Sometimes less is more.
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Back on track, my major problem with this new video was the climax, where we see a deranged Noah with a torn shirt gripping a bloody knife. To be fair, it is hard to act bat-shit insane well, especially since none most of us have never been bat-shit insane. However, I picked up a few things from that scene that did narm it.

First was the laugh. Didn't said real at all. It sounded forced, quiet, choked, and repetitious (most humans vary pitch, intensity, and sound when they laugh, Noah didn't for the most part).

Second was the turn around. Its great for revealing the blood all at once for that shock value, but not so great at not seeming scripted. When humans hear someone/something behind them, they usually will turn their heads and look almost immediately, especially if they weren't expecting it. To act more insane (in my opinion), he should have dropped his laughter, tensed up, and at least turned his head around or somehow acknowledge her presence.

Third was his facial expressions after he turned around. They weren't delusion, really, more slightly happy, like you just found a crisp $20 bill on the ground. And they were pretty consistent and predictable after that. However, the part where he told Sarah to hand over the camera went pretty well, with the sudden shift in disposition. The only thing I would have done differently there is not brought my head down right before I spoke. I would have kept it very still and my face very still. I also would have talked much faster and really over extended the commas.

Fourth was when he went at Sarah with the knife. If I were acting that out, I would have gone from that calm and stern disposition to suddenly being enraged. I would have yelled "GIVE IT TO ME" very loudly and very fast. I also would have brought the knife straight up quickly, and I would have jumped at her. I wouldn't have slowly built up my speed while keeping the knife at my side. The key is quick and sudden motions.

Of course, I *may* be doing it all wrong, having never been bat-shit insane and never actually acted it out in front of someone else, let alone that actually could critique it well. But that is what I would do given no other guidance.
Back to top Go down
Ulysses
Anxious
Ulysses

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Nedark wrote:
like you just found a crisp $20 bill on the ground.

I c wut u did thar

Also, winpointed because I totally agree with you.
Back to top Go down
elevator_child
Untainted
elevator_child

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Nedark wrote:
(Nedark sums up everything I wanted to say)

And also: The costume. Maybe I'm a nerd or something but to me his shirt was ripped in the most deliberate way possible. It looked cheesy, like a costume.
Back to top Go down
http://ali-timeoutofmind.blogspot.com/
LuciaInFurs
Anxious
LuciaInFurs

Current Win Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:37 pm

elevator_child wrote:
Nedark wrote:
(Nedark sums up everything I wanted to say)

And also: The costume. Maybe I'm a nerd or something but to me his shirt was ripped in the most deliberate way possible. It looked cheesy, like a costume.

And the blood looked kind of pink... reminded me of my Axe Murder costume I made when I was 12.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luciainfurs.wordpress.com
Trygon
Anxious
Trygon

Current Win Points : 40

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:19 pm

LuciaInFurs wrote:
And the blood looked kind of pink... reminded me of my Axe Murder costume I made when I was 12.

It could have been worse...
Back to top Go down
http://www.astronomican.com/member.php?374-Trygon
Ulysses
Anxious
Ulysses

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:32 pm

Trygon wrote:
LuciaInFurs wrote:

It could have been worse...

At least that didn't utterly fail my expectations.
Back to top Go down
niox
Anxious
niox

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Because you all are experts on how bloody shirts look. He pulled the look off quite well. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Master
Untainted
The Master

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:08 pm

OK, I know I must be late when I say this, BUT...

Spoiler:

That was a pretty durn good vid. Glad that Day 2 or whatevah was exciting.
Back to top Go down
Ulysses
Anxious
Ulysses

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:38 pm

The Master wrote:
OK, I know I must be late when I say this, BUT...

Spoiler:

That was a pretty durn good vid. Glad that Day 2 or whatevah was exciting.

It's not about the plot holes, or inconsistencies, or dumb decisions. It's about THE SLENDERMAN!

Oh wait, he wasn't even in this vid. Rolling Eyes Too bad.
Back to top Go down
The Master
Untainted
The Master

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:44 am

Dude, I know it was. I thought I'd point it out anyway- it'd be interesting to see Slenderman haunt patients in a hospital, although that could seem a little unethical to a lot of viewers to watch (and it could be impossible to film, I mean would a hospital even start to cooperate with any filming crew, leave alone a really small crew that uploads these vids?).

I was actually pointing out opportunities for an interesting twist. But that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge their accomplishments... what appears to be as the temporary (or perhaps permanent) possession of Noah Maxwell is creepy enough. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ulysses
Anxious
Ulysses

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 11:13 am

No i was agreeing with you, saying that as there wasn't even any Slender Man in this vid, there's nothing to defend it. I suppose sarcasm doesn't really work on the internet, so my mistake.
Back to top Go down
Get-In-Pants
Untainted
Get-In-Pants

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Sorry had to post...

EPIC MURDER FACE!

The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 Murder11
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:16 pm

The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 Motiva10
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Get-In-Pants
Untainted
Get-In-Pants

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Haha. I lol'd xD
Back to top Go down
Ulysses
Anxious
Ulysses

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Get-In-Pants wrote:
Sorry had to post...

EPIC MURDER FACE!

The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 Murder11

That's far too campy to be considered epic.
Back to top Go down
LuciaInFurs
Anxious
LuciaInFurs

Current Win Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:41 pm

But camp is an essential component of epic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.luciainfurs.wordpress.com
Ulysses
Anxious
Ulysses

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:45 pm

LuciaInFurs wrote:

I have to disagree
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Ulysses wrote:
LuciaInFurs wrote:

I have to disagree

I have to disagree with your disagreement.

Counter example:

Captain Jack Fucking Harkness.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Nedark wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
LuciaInFurs wrote:

I have to disagree

I have to disagree with your disagreement.

Counter example:

Captain Jack Fucking Harkness.

I have to disagree with your disagreement on his disagreement

BARROWMAN!!!

*shakes fist to the heaven*
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Anyone else notice the fact that Noah shook the guys hand with his left hand? I noticed it right away and wondered if anyone else would notice--then I remember everyone else was too busy looking in the background. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thanksgiving Footage   The Thanksgiving Footage - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thanksgiving Footage
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next