Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Is there a set height for Slender Man

Go down 
+7
PostIt
xyzombie
sethlapod555
Tiro1000
Lumine
Chieftain1
awkwardraptor
11 posters
AuthorMessage
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

Is there a set height for Slender Man Empty
PostSubject: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:48 pm

So this is just a quick question:

I've noticed that in many of the pictures/vlogs/varying descriptions of Slender Man, there seeming to be a wide variation of heights for him.

What I was wondering is this:

Does Slender Man have a set height (7ft tall/8ft tall) or does the height of Slender Man depend on who makes the story/picture/vlog/description?

Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:56 pm

I think it's around 7ft and 10ft.I dunno myself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Do what you want honestly. I trust you wouldn't do something crazy like twenty feet unless you had a very reasonable explanation.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

Current Win Points : 146

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:58 pm

I have always considered the possibility that Slenderman can change his height, and shape at will.

I'd also like to thing that his form isn't physical, at least not in the sense that any of us can comprehend.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Well, technically, he can grow to any length he wants, but I would imagine his minimal height is around 6-7 feet. That's the shortest height I've heard from Slender Man stories.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:12 pm

No.

7' seems to be some sort of standard, but some of my favorite creepy pastas are of him tapping at windows on second stories, and being mistaken for tree branches. So like, tree height, depending, usually works super well.
Back to top Go down
PostIt
Anxious
PostIt

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:31 pm

I think it's really variable depending on your personal headcanon (as well as the physical capabilities of the actors/rigs they use as Slenderman in the various vlogs). I've always like the idea that he's changable.
Back to top Go down
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:52 pm

There was a great moment in one vlog series where Slenderman grows taller on-camera. Very clever illusion. But I also prefer the idea that Slendy can change how he appears at least to some extent.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:34 pm

T-M-S wrote:
There was a great moment in one vlog series where Slenderman grows taller on-camera. Very clever illusion. But I also prefer the idea that Slendy can change how he appears at least to some extent.

Whoa, which series was that?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:45 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:
T-M-S wrote:

Several.

One of them being the "The Slender Man" film released less than five months ago.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:12 am

sethlapod555 wrote:
T-M-S wrote:

TulpaEffect did a great one. It also has some of the best acting I have seen in a Slenderseries.
Back to top Go down
thexlastxdalek
Watched
thexlastxdalek

Current Win Points : 91

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:35 pm

I just like to think that he is around 7' feet normal but when he wants to intimidate his victim he grows taller and tentacles come out
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aaronklompp
sarrod22
Untainted
sarrod22

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 2:55 pm

I would think that he can change his height just like he can contract his tentacles. I think it depends on the person he is stalking. If he is stalking children he tries to appear nice in order to lure them to go into the woods and be alone so he can take the child, so I would think he would look different to a child in comparison to an adult. Just my take....
Back to top Go down
NewMerchant
Observer

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 am

it depends on how you make your slender man.

With series like theyplaytheirsongs and AntediluvianOne where the slender man is usually 7ft but you can make him seem taller by testing different camera angles or by pointing up from the ground to make him seem taller.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a set height for Slender Man   Is there a set height for Slender Man Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a set height for Slender Man
Page 1 of 1