Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

TribeTwelve - General Discussion

Go down 
+37
shadowfire976
KillstheBeat
Somebody
Nimbus
bilo
Lighthouse
DFW
CheckersValentine
JdoubleA
CuteWithoutThe
According
QhaoticZombie
cowboyghostie
AlanAuch
TearsOfTheAmazon
quofomo
Ulysses
Wolfloner
Various Identities
Der Großfrau
BanishedZaber
Mr. Jeebles
Omega
LuciaInFurs
WhiteWolf
BlackWolf
LisaEvermore
Glomple
Harlan Phoenix
Hither-Thither
LostSkeleton
Satyrcynic
Sachael
Bloodshade
Erantiel
Zander
niox
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:40 pm

New Tweet
Quote :
Been having some weird dreams recently. I feel as if I am being followed closely behind. Eyes are a reoccurring element. They're everywhere.

Suddenly Observer Symbols. Thousands of them.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
niox
Anxious
niox

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
New Tweet
Quote :
Been having some weird dreams recently. I feel as if I am being followed closely behind. Eyes are a reoccurring element. They're everywhere.

Suddenly Observer Symbols. Thousands of them.

Eyes, eyes everywhere. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:10 am

"Noah Maxwell
very lucid dream. woke up. had to draw it. the eyes surrounded me. they were hungry. he was watching. grinning.
http://twitpic.com/4wj9a6"

I'd hate to have his nightmares...
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm

I'm not a huge Tribes fan, it never really quite caught on for me really. but I do keep track of it...

As for what day he's coming back he said that it would be a 'specifically unlucky day' on his dA. I would assume friday 13th. As in...tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
niox
Anxious
niox

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:51 pm

TribeTwelve livestream tonight at 9! Very Happy

Quote :
Gonna have a Q&A session on Stickam at around 9pm EDT tonight. If Stickam is crappy again, I've set up a Livestream account, just in case.
Quote :
Stickam: http://www.stickam.com/noahmaxwell
Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/noahmaxwell
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:39 pm

"Noah Maxwell
Well, that was a boring
rapture. So much for biblical mathematics. But, you know, maybe it did
happen. Maybe, we've been in Hell all along."

Earth = Hell Y/N?
Back to top Go down
DFW
Observer
DFW

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Zander wrote:

Earth = Hell Y/N?
meh

it's close enough.
Back to top Go down
Lighthouse
Untainted
Lighthouse

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:54 pm

I started following this video series about 2, maybe 2 and a half weeks, ago. And, the fact that he swears like a sailor, almost makes it a little.. less believable, you know? Other than that, I like the series. I like that he implies the idea of Slender Man's tentacles, as well, unlike Marble Hornets or Everyman Hybrid.

But, as far as that goes, it's pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
bilo
Taken
bilo

Current Win Points : 311

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:17 pm

... Not quite sure how swearing like a sailor makes something less believable... When I'm feeling any kind of strong negative emotion, you better bet that every other word I say is fuck. But then... that's just me. dgdsgdf
Back to top Go down
http://animal-nitrate.deviantart.com/
Lighthouse
Untainted
Lighthouse

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:30 pm

It's not necessarily the amount of cussing.. It's the way he says it, really. I don't know, that's just me.
Back to top Go down
niox
Anxious
niox

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Lighthouse wrote:
It's not necessarily the amount of cussing.. It's the way he says it, really. I don't know, that's just me.

Someone doesn't curse, isn't around cursing people often. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lighthouse
Untainted
Lighthouse

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:52 pm

niox wrote:
Lighthouse wrote:

Someone doesn't curse, isn't around cursing people often. Neutral

Wait, what? That doesn't seem to make grammatical sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Someone who doesn't curse, isn't around cursing people often.
Back to top Go down
Lighthouse
Untainted
Lighthouse

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Oh, okay. Gotcha. No, my friends cuss like sailors too, but they think they're cool. I cuss as much, but it's just me, if I was in that situation, I would probably be frozen with terror, and wouldn't be able to say anything.

Last edited by Lighthouse on Mon May 30, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo.)
Back to top Go down
niox
Anxious
niox

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Lighthouse wrote:
Oh, okay. Gotcha. No, my friends cuss like sailors too, but they think they're cool. I cuss as much, but it's just me, if I was in that situation, I would probably be frozen with terror, and wouldn't be able to say anything.

Then silently wave at our obnoxious pirate ship as it sails by, you standing alone on the shore. Cool
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:15 am

I dunno. I don't like how much he cusses. (And this is coming from captain of the curse brigade) simply because thats 90% of what he says. It's distracting and it doesn't progress the story. Jay from MH almost never talks, and it allows you to feel like you are personally there, and experiencing the danger. Fill in the blanks yourself.

the EMH guys constantly talk, but they are filling in blanks and discussing things that the viewer can't know or can't fully experience from home, or they are giving the character some background/depth.

Noah just swears his ass off. Entirely uninteresting.
Back to top Go down
Nimbus
Untainted
Nimbus

Current Win Points : 97

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:58 pm

Here's a fun trick that eliminates that. There's a nifty little tool called the mute button on the YouTube client. If you press that, it's like an insta-MarbleHornets mode! The cursing will be removed, in fact, all dialogue will be removed! Just like Marble Hornets! And, since literally every single other word of the entire dialogue is a profanity, and there is no story at all, you can sit back and watch the cool special effects like the creator intended. Because the cursing doesn't add to the guy's character, alert you to how afraid the character is, or contribute to the atmosphere of the infinitesimal 10% amount of relelvant dialogue in any way shape or form, there's absolutely no reason for him to curse at all!

Seriously, if you think the dialogue is 90% cursing, you're an ignorant nitpicking idiot. :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TribeTwelve
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:08 pm

^Pretty much that.

And in other news, since no one posted it:

"Noah Maxwell
Tempted to talk with my parents about the old house fire again. I want to tape it, but I don't want them knowing. I'll have to be sneaky."

Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm not asking you to be exactly like MarbleHornets douchebag. I was just giving examples of how other series deal with the interaction of the character to screen. Furthermore I was agreeing with Lighthouse.

I'm sorry. But I don't like how much you swear. For me it does nothing. There are other ways to express how afraid you are without all the meaningless diatribe. I am actually sorry about implying that every video is meaningless, this is untrue, there are some good videos with some meaningful content. But I find others to be boring and pointless. That is the cross that you, as a series creator, must bear and deal with. Sometimes people don't like what you do. I am one of those people.

I find that the cursing tells me A) at this point, nothing new or interesting about Noah as a character B) I find his mood swings bizarre and c) that there is nothing more important that could be said.
That's just me, and I acknowledge that there are others in the world who think differently.

However I don't respect that as a creator you would come on here and very rudely and insecurely put down people who are honestly discussing your work. If you wish to defend it, please do so in a more mature way.

That is how I feel and for me the matter is closed.
Back to top Go down
Somebody
Untainted
Somebody

Current Win Points : 44

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:42 pm

I do nothing but curse when I'm nervous; my first driving lesson consisted of nothing but F-bombs and lurching. If it wasn't for that, I'd find it annoying. Instead I think Noah is trying to appear less afraid and more manly. So yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://somebodysleepy.deviantart.com/
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Quote :
Tempted to talk with my parents about the old house fire again. I want to tape it, but I don't want them knowing. I'll have to be sneaky

Quote :
Going to upload a video soon. An update on my situation. Planning to go through with the secret recording after all. We'll see what happens.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Quote :
Update video will be posted within the week. Secret recording went fine, but the connections my parents made about the past are troubling.
Back to top Go down
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

Current Win Points : 179

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:08 am

New tweets:

Quote :
hes been in my fucking room. woke up from a nightmare and found
something he hid. some damn device. how long has this shit been in my
room?

Quote :
hes really fucking with me again. posting a vid of what i got on film
asap. i cant explain anything. no chance of sleeping tonight.

device, eh? sigma detector?
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Recent tweet. Think there'll be an update tonight?

Quote :
"Thinking a lot about what Edward said. I may cut the USB data wires tonight and plug it into my computer to see what it does. I trust him."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:51 pm

If not, there will be a tweet littered with fucks about what went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   TribeTwelve - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

TribeTwelve - General Discussion
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next