Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Outlast > Amnesia 2?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheshireberos
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

Outlast > Amnesia 2? Empty
PostSubject: Outlast > Amnesia 2?   Outlast > Amnesia 2? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 pm

Am I wrong in thinking Outlast really was scarier than Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs? I caught myself making a hell of a lot more velociraptor noises at the slow-building tension of never knowing which patients are benignly insane and which ones are outright homicidal than I ever did with any of Amnesia 2's (rare) jumpscare chases. At the same time, I don't want to diss Amnesia- I mean, that chase music haunted my nightmares, and many custom stories kept me company throughout the years- but it kinda felt like they dropped the ball on the sequel.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

PostSubject: Re: Outlast > Amnesia 2?   Outlast > Amnesia 2? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:32 pm

It's unfortunate that they didn't add the custom story feature to the sequel.
Back to top Go down
Cheshireberos
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Outlast > Amnesia 2?   Outlast > Amnesia 2? EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 4:49 am

Oh no- did they not? I mean, I know that people have been able to import things from the Penumbra games even though those games didn't technically have a custom story feature, but with A Machine for Pigs, did they actively make it more difficult to use any of their new content?
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: Outlast > Amnesia 2?   Outlast > Amnesia 2? EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:51 am

I haven't played Outlast yet but I have played a Machine for Pigs and here's my thoughts.

The Good: Pretty good graphics, great music( Mors prematura is great at creating a uncomfortable feeling and use perfectly well in the attack scene on London) Interesting story, the attack on London was awesome, Good acting. 

The Mix: The story is kinda predictable
Spoiler:
The removal of the sanity meter 
Spoiler:

The Bad: There's hardly no challenge, the puzzles are far too easy, the game is too liner. The game more like Dear Esther than Amnesia which I didn't mind if it was The Chinese room's original game but carrying the Amnesia title probably caused every one to be hyped up and then let down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outlast > Amnesia 2?   Outlast > Amnesia 2? Empty

Back to top Go down

Outlast > Amnesia 2?
Page 1 of 1