Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Time to throw my hat into the ring

Go down 
+8
AmalgamationSage
Zander
Pariah
SliceandDice
Mr. Jeebles
Maduin
Moriarty
Broeckchen
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Time to throw my hat into the ring Empty
PostSubject: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:27 pm

I thought it time to flex my grey matter and start off my ongoing Slender blog...Yes, I know, the slendy blog list goes on forever, but I reckoned I needed a hobby other than annoying you bunch of wonderful peeps.

I shan't be offended by criticism, just remember I have only just started and I have an idea where I'm going with it (which always helps).

here
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Yay, pantoblog~<3 *goes read*
Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

Current Win Points : 327

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Panto, I've just finished reading those two posts.
Very intriguing, and I love the set-up, I will definately be observing this.
Back to top Go down
Maduin
Observer
Maduin

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:44 pm

I follow. That is all.
Back to top Go down
http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:54 pm

What Maduin said. There are not many blogs from the point of view of older mean besides the beginning of Reach's blog. I enjoy this idea and hope it progresses well.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
SliceandDice
Anxious
SliceandDice

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Im pretty interested. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Back to top Go down
Pariah
Untainted
Pariah

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:49 pm

I usually don't like group set-ups, but this one seems interesting because of how a wealthier sort of person would do in these situations.

I'd like to know more about what the job these people are setting up is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:12 am

Thank you, everyone, so far. I'm going to try and use my cam phone, screen captures from Google street view and a few links to Wikipedia pages to help add flavour and substance.

Also, I think maybe it will be a healthy thing to maybe give subtle references to a few of the Youtube vlogs as well.

Now, the whole team thing is a bit of a cliche (Torchwood, Poltergeist Legacy, Alien V Predator, etc) but not one that has always been used to much effect with the Slender Man mythos...So far, with many of the current stories, they have had a sort of Scooby Doo feel to them (no disrespect to any other blogger/vlogger.).

But, if I can pull this one off, by the end of this storyline I should be able to have some key elements transferred, and directly continued, in any other part of the world....Which in turn will be up for grabs by any other Slender Man blogger who happens to be a member here Basketball
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:35 am

Torchwood for Slender Man what?!

Uh, yeah. Liking the set-up. Will be following.

YOUHAVEOURATTENTION.
Back to top Go down
AmalgamationSage
Untainted
AmalgamationSage

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:34 pm

I'm interested. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://recordsofanimpossibility.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Just spent some of the day spending some time with a buddy and thinking through some stuff.

Zander, used Torchwood as an example, as you have probably worked out. What we will be seeing are ordinary people stumbling across some real life shit they never thought existed before.

Our lead character will be having some dark moments and his true story will be told as time goes along. Don't panic though, Slender Man will still be in there...He's going to play a major part and I hope to add a little more to the mythology and as to what he is. Smile
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Andy gives his seal of approval and will be mentioning this on Slenderbloggins eventually. Thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
WhiteWolf
Observer
WhiteWolf

Current Win Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Well so far your character is really screwed! Interesting stuff so far. My only question is why would this guy post potentially incriminating evidence on his blog? But then again where's the fun in him not telling his audience? I will continue to follow...
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Bookmark'd and you bet your sweet, English ass I'll be reading this very soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Read.

Loved.

Bookmarked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:24 am

WhiteWolf wrote:
Well so far your character is really screwed! Interesting stuff so far. My only question is why would this guy post potentially incriminating evidence on his blog? But then again where's the fun in him not telling his audience? I will continue to follow...

Good question...one which has 2 answers.

1. Money doesn't make someone clever, this character is flawed on many levels.

2. It wouldn't be much of a blog if I missed out the juicy bits.

In the real world anyone with half a brain would walk into the nearest police station. But, sadly, I'm a lazy writer and can't be arsed doing my homework on finding out how the police would handle such matters. But then again, if I did that then I would over complicate the story and take a certain amount away from it all. So, I decided, for the best to have him as an idiot.

But saying that, surely the past and dark secrets have the potential to catch up with anyone...even one's own stupidity (yes, I speak from experience on that last one.). I had better shut up now before I let anything of the plot out of the bag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Okay, I am breaking 2 rules here...Double posting and self promotion of my blog. I refuse to apologise Very Happy

Just introduced new characters....Beyond that, no more self promotion and I promise that Smile

Edit: Inappropriate last line. My apologies.

Last edited by pantohorse on Wed May 18, 2011 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inappropriate last line)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Sort of a double post happening here, I shan't apologise for that. I will be re-starting this story again in 2 weeks time, all goodbye posts will be removed just so I can get back into character again. Stay tuned folks Smile
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:03 pm

For some reason blogger is being an ass and won't let me follow stuff lately. Irregardless. I will as soon as I can.

Maybe if you're terribly unlucky I'll review it XD

I'm always happy to see a creative work continue. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:36 pm

CheckersValentine wrote:
Irregardless.

GTFO. NAO.

/berserker rage triggered by people using words that don't exist. I'm just not "alright" with that.

But on-topic, what the HELL happened with that blog?
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to throw my hat into the ring   Time to throw my hat into the ring Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to throw my hat into the ring
Page 1 of 1