Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slenderman Mythos texture pack

Go down 
+10
Eric
DFW
Zander
ExorcistGamer
Shayde
Hallow Sleeper
Mr. Jeebles
Malus
Vivi
Ladnek
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

Slenderman Mythos texture pack Empty
PostSubject: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:19 pm

OK, so we're all obviously pumped for the Enderman mob update, and figured this was inevitable. I would go about this myself, but I have no knowledge of texture pack making, so I've come to you guys for help! Besides, I can't do sprite art for shit anyway, and the more people we have doing this, the better it should look.

Obviously, the update isn't here yet, so all we can do now is plan. So, let's brainstorm some ideas and get some people on this project to help!Alright, so it's pretty clear that we're going to do the Enderman texture pack like Slenderman. Some ideas for what we should change the zombies to would be like Masky or Redlight. I say we make Creepers into the Rake. Because that's what the Rake does. He sneaks up on people and explodes (your move, EverymanHYBRID). We should also have a darker color scheme to add to creepiness factor, and I was thinking of making the mossy cobblestone into bloody cobblestone. I was also thinking we should make Jack o' Lanterns into video cameras.

I was also thinking we should change the tools (particularly the swords) to make them go along a bit better with the Slenderman mythos. I was thinking of having the wooden sword look like a baseball bat, the stone sword looking like Jay's maglight, the steel sword looking like Evan's machete, the golden sword looking like Noah's pocket knife (trolololo) and maybe the diamond sword looking like the bone from Dreams in Darkness? I'm not sure about the last one.

Anyway, those are my suggestions. You guys feel free to make your own.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:36 pm

While not aprticularly adept at PIXEL art, I'm good at texture making in general games, and have made higher resolution things like clothing in games like Second Life. Working in pixel art is bound to be a MUCH different medium, but I love this idea so much that I'm willing to push against the learning curve and put my efforts into this project, for SURE.

Ladnek wrote:
I was also thinking we should make Jack o' Lanterns into video cameras.
You sir, are a genius.

Whilst I'm not so sure about the tools, (I'm of the mindset that a sword should be the same item, colored differently when made of different things: its easier to recognize.) I definitely am going to try to start working on the things I know will have to be done/I already know the templates for. The blocks will be first, since they're easy: just the same square shape on every face of the cube. I'll start working on mobs later when we have a better community consensus.

If at any point there is anybody who wants to take over this project with more pixel art experience than me, then by all means, tell me so, so I can hand over my progress. Anybody with ideas, should feel free to come forward and reccomend something.

I'd rather not be the leader of any sort of project when its not a personal effort, but I really want to see this happen.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks, Vivi. Your help is greatly appreciated!

I was wondering: for the torches, should we make them like military flares, regular torches, or flashlights with some sort of tape or other adhesive at the end? I like the idea of the flashlight, but it would seem odd for the light to spread out like that from a flashlight.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Well, if we went with a flashlight, then maybe it'd be weird, but now that i'm looking at the particles, I could do a small textured bit that reflects how the light is shining in one direction, the rest can be presumed to be ambient reflectiveness of surfaces. Some suspension of disbelief wouldn't make that too bad.
Alternatively, they could be modern, camping-style lanterns.

Oddly tying into lighting: Another thought about the pumpkin cameras-
Pumpkins are the only items that effect your field of vision when you put them on like a helmet. These are customizable. I could always make a very subtle circle of darkness surrounding the area straight ahead, and it could easily lend itself to the idea you're holding a flashlight in front of you, when wearing. Sure, you'll look silly wearing a camera on your head, but OH WELL.

ALTERNATIVELY FURTHER, the JACK-O-LANTERNS can be the computer/tv screens, as they radiate light, whereas regular pumpkins are cameras.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:10 pm

Huh, I was rather hoping the zombies would be the proxies (AKA mindless people that want to kill you). It seems more fitting to me.

I like the idea of the pumpkin being a camera. Good idea.

I don't like the idea of the bloody cobblestone, though. It seems... generic. Perhaps make the gray a little darker, and have the moss on it be completely black? Sort of like... a 'corrupted' cobblestone. Along with this, we could make the monster spawners more... Hrm... elegant, sleek... Something like that, something that goes well with the corrupted cobblestone idea.

That's all I have so far.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Malus wrote:
Huh, I was rather hoping the zombies would be the proxies (AKA mindless people that want to kill you). It seems more fitting to me.

Is Masky not a proxy? Idk, I read no blogs, but unless I'm misunderstanding, I thought that's exactly what Ladnek suggested o_o

EDIT: As for the cobblestone/monster spawners, I think i'll take that into account, but the MOSSY cobblestone and REGULAR cobblestone are two different blocks. I still like the black instead of bloody thing though.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 pm

That is what he suggested, not sure where Malus was going with that.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Oh. Well...

Spoiler:

That's what I meant...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Redlight is a hivemind. In a way, that's kind of mindless. Also, proxies were originally based off of Masky.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Right. Sorry I even posted.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Woah, don't go all Mockingjay on us, your cobblestone input was fine.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Yeah, don't be upset or anything, I was just correcting you because it confused me, and Jeebles was just correcting you too. We didn't mean anything by it.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:50 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
Redlight is a hivemind. In a way, that's kind of mindless. Also, proxies were originally based off of Masky.
Yeah, that's why I suggested Redlight. It would make more sense to see a bunch on screen at once instead of a bunch of maskies, though I figured having Masky would be scarier. And yes, I like the idea of the jack o' lantern being a screen of some kind. It may seem cliche, but maybe the screen should have some static and an operator symbol? You guys know we're going to have to integrate the operator symbol SOMEHOW. Besides, that would be pretty creepy walking into your house only to find your TV screen had the symbol on it.

Vivi, I love that idea. It would make it way freakier! Not like I need sleep anyway.

It just crossed my mind, however, that we need to do something for armor. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:10 am

Hmmm... Armor ideas... Well, we could have it look more like a costume than actual armor, so...

Well, at first I was thinking we could have Masky/Sinclair 'costumes' with Leather and Iron armor, but that all depends on if you make Masky the zombies or not, eh?

And then... Well, another thought that popped up in my head was that M has a yellow hoodie, right...? That's like... a characteristic of him?... Sorry, I'm not too caught up on the blogs just yet, so I probably got that wrong. But perhaps M's yellow hoodie (provided it's his, of course) could be the gold armor...?

As for diamond armor... I have no damn clue. I suppose you could leave it the same, though; it does have a sort of periwinkle color to it already, and we know what that means... :trollface:
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Malus wrote:
As for diamond armor... I have no damn clue. I suppose you could leave it the same, though; it does have a sort of periwinkle color to it already, and we know what that means... Slenderman Mythos texture pack 3147896512
So, basically what you're saying is that Slenderman's semen protects better than steel. Well, you never know with him...
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm

I was kidding. XD
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Malus wrote:
I was kidding. XD
As was I, you silly genus of a bunch of trees!
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Hm. Just wondering, but would we also be changing the texture of the trees to look like Zero's bleeding tree (or whatever that thing is called)?
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Afraid I haven't read the blog that's from, but if enough people want it, then Vivi, feel free to do it.
Back to top Go down
Hallow Sleeper
Observer
Hallow Sleeper

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:36 pm

If I knew a damn thing about texture packs, I'd help out as much as I can.

. . . Would it be possible to have the Pumpkins/Cameras react to Enderman in some way?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Gonna need pictures and/or details/descriptions if you guys want me to do anything related to blogs.
I cannot repeat enough that I DO NOT READ ANY BLOGS and therefore have NO IDEA what you're talking about without any references.

Here's my (admittedly slow and lazy) progress so far:
Slenderman Mythos texture pack Progress000

And a closer up detailing at the Pixelage. mmmmm, delicious pixels.
Slenderman Mythos texture pack Progress000-1

Hallow Sleeper wrote:
If I knew a damn thing about texture packs, I'd help out as much as I can.

. . . Would it be possible to have the Pumpkins/Cameras react to Enderman in some way?
That would be some sorta mod territory, AND I imagine, would have to happen after Endermen get officially released. Texture pack making is pretty straight forward for the digital-art inclined, so I can handle that, but I simply don't have the know-how to tinker with scripts like that.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Since it would just be a texture pack, then no, probably not. Anyways, I was thinking that the signs could be like flat-screen monitors or something like that. And HOLY SHIT, VIVI, THAT IS FUCKING AMAZING. How big are the blocks? Like 16x16, 32x32, etc.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 pm

YES! widescreen monitor signs! I LOVE IT.
And I was JUST wondering what I was gonna do with those, too.

By the by, the noteblocks/record players are gonna be tape players and the records' icons are gonna be tapes. Very Happy

I was also wondering what to do with the cake textures. I was originally thinking of replacing them with notebooks or something, (since ATM, books arent actual OBJECTS in-world, only icons.) but that seems silly since they're so big and thick. So what else could it be? Operator cakes? That's just silly.

Oh and yes, they're 32x32pixels for each face.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Oh! I have an idea for the cakes.

So, you know how tapes are sometimes categorized by being placed in a sort of... container? Almost like a folder, really, but... not exactly...

Gah, I suck at describing this. >.<

Okay, pretty much... Maybe the cake could be made to look like a bunch of tapes and when you click on it, you're taking a tape out of the container?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 pm

I'm pretty sure that would require making a mod in order to make cakes function that way. And I can't make mods.
Texture packs don't change the function of objects in-world, they only re-skin the appearance of them.

I do know what you mean by a tape-holder though, i cant make it INTERACTIVE in that way, but I might keep that in mind if we can't think up anything better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack Empty

Back to top Go down

Slenderman Mythos texture pack
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next