Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slenderman Mythos texture pack

Go down 
+10
Eric
DFW
Zander
ExorcistGamer
Shayde
Hallow Sleeper
Mr. Jeebles
Malus
Vivi
Ladnek
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Yeah, I like the idea of the small paintings being the different symbols.

As for the bigger ones, you could make one look like a window with Slendy looking in. And if you don't know, the bone from Dreams in Darkness is a very large bone with odd symbols all over it; Redlight wears a red hoodie and the back of the hood has an operator symbol on it.

Last edited by Ladnek on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Hey, for the sun, I was wondering if we should keep it the same, or make it a little darker, or...?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Malus wrote:
Also, perhaps for one of the larger paintings we could have a forest kind of background with what looks like a certain tall figure? *wink wink*
Idea taken. (Will work on it eventually to see if it works out)
Zander wrote:
I'd say go with putting Operator Symbols on the signs. Maybe the Observer symbol would work better as the crosshair if you can edit it? Idk.
Egggh, you're gonna be staring at that thing all day: I'd prefer something simple.
Quote :
As for the Nether as a Slendy dimension, I'd say turn the lava into a black substance if possible.
Quote :
With paintings, one the tall ones should be Slendy.
Most definitely!
Quote :
One of them could be Masky's mask. Another could be of Damien's bone from Dreams in Darkness and a painting of Redlight from White Elephants.
I WILL NEED PICTURES OR MORE DESCRIPTIONS OF THIS BONE. QUOTE THE BLOG IF YOU MUST, PLEASE.
DFW wrote:
as for paintings, one should defs be like a forest fire. I suppose.
Ladnek wrote:
As for the bigger ones, you could make one look like a window with Slendy looking in.
I love this so much. Thank you.
Quote :
And if you don't know, the bone from Dreams in Darkness is a very large bone with odd symbols all over it; Redlight wears a red hoodie and the back of the hood has an operator symbol on it.
I appreciate it, but I still might need longer text/descriptions images to get a better idea of it.
Malus wrote:
Hey, for the sun, I was wondering if we should keep it the same, or make it a little darker, or...?
I was actually thinking of an eclipse, you actually cant make the sun BLACK or anything, due to the file types, the black will just look transparent like a halo... which is kinda cool anyway.

Thank you all for your support and input.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Eclipse sounds cool, too!

For the water, uh... Well, Zander already suggested some sort of black substance for lava, but if that doesn't work for that particular fluid, perhaps we can make water the black substance?

If you can make the lava a black substance, though, maybe we can give water a... murky quality to it?
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:17 pm

I took a look at the Spider texture, and I think it only has one texture for all three legs. Making the spiders look like the Rake might not be possible.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:24 pm

That's... Unfortunate. Perhaps we can make all three legs invisible, and make it look like the sides have arms on them? It'll look stupid, but it's better than... Well... Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Drat. Thanks for checking in on that anyway, Ladnek. Still so sad :/

Removing all the legs and painting them on the body is going to be ridiculous looking, I wont even go down that road >_<
What to do now.. hum.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Well... My first idea was to use the dogs as the Rake, but... I figured it'd be slightly ridiculous, given that you can tame dogs and having a bunch of Rake following you... Well... Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Untainted

Current Win Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Zalgo monsters instead?

This sounds like an awesome project. I'll look up how to do these texture things, see if I can help at all.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 pm

We'll just make The Rake be a creeper, then blackmail the EMH creators into making the Rake explode in the next video! Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 832856

Well, I could try looking again to see if I was wrong, I was really liking the idea of the spider being the Rake. I'll check again real quick, maybe ask some pros on texture packs if there's a way to take away a set of legs.

EDIT: Yeah, I double checked, I don't think there's any way to have the spider have only four legs. Damn. Oh well. :/
Back to top Go down
ACE
Untainted
ACE

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Wow. This is an awesome thread, but I think you might get more input if this were posted again on The Minecraft Forums here: http://tiny.cc/eor1g. I'm not sure how big the Slenderman fanbase is there but you might wanna give it a shot.

Also I think the Operator symbol on a painting would look good hastily drawn with a transparent frame. It would look like you've been scrawling them on the walls.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:20 am

Hey ace, thanks. I actually already thought about posting on there, but II figured that this is admittedly a VERY niche, overspecified fan-production we have going, and that I'd probably get even LESS of a response on the minecraft forums than i do here. I might still go over there when i'm nearer to the end of the the texture pack's creation.
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:39 pm

I wouldn't mind helping sprite. I've done some pixel art before (still suck at it, though v.v) and can show you it, if you want.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:11 pm

AWESOME. <3
If you would work on the actual inventory icons for the objects, that would be great. I suppose that would also double as making the actual in-game tools (picks, axes, shovels,) themselves, but it's not like I was looking forward to that anyway.

If you don't know much about minecraft texturepacks in particular, don't be shy to message me on Skype and I can share the file/templates. You know how to find me.
Back to top Go down
Kurogane
Untainted
Kurogane

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

I like all the ideas in this texture pack so far. The only things I'm not fond of are making the cake a bunch of tapes and the lava black. Just doesn't flow well with me and might make it too easy to step into the lava. Anyways just saying. If I have any ideas I'll suggest em.
Back to top Go down
Trygon
Anxious
Trygon

Current Win Points : 40

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Make the lava periwinkle blue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astronomican.com/member.php?374-Trygon
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:37 am

Today it seems to be my lot in life to deliver some possibly sad news for anybody looking forward to this.

Due to unforeseen Real-Life difficulties, I'm dropping involvement in this project.
Hold on, everyone, don't fret; the files aren't going to be lost to the internet abyss! This is where you all come in to make sure that the efforts made have not gone in vain and this thing stays alive! It's your turn to rip open some files and start pixel arting in my stead!

I've set up two downloads for you all, one is a file PURELY containing only original work for this project, "Slender Craft v0.3"
Primary
Mirror

The other is a file containing a hodgepodge of bits and pieces from this as well as other texture packs I've accumulated as to have every single possible minecraft texturepack file that I could scribble our new sprites over. This should help whoever wants to take up the torch.
Primary
Mirror

All I ask of anybody who takes this up take note of the text file named "pack" in the Slender Craft v0.3 zip.
In it, I have listed those who have helped out with this project with art (Contributors) and compiled a list of those who have added suggestions and posted on this thread (Special Thanks) in order. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody who adds to this project keep these lists there, and update them to your own liking.

For the inexperienced who really wish they could help out: It's never to late to learn! I suggest GIMP. (There might even be a few files in there in only the GIMP file format: I'm sorry for that.) It's kind of intimidating at first, but it's an invaluable asset, as well as FREE.

I turn this project over to you, community. I trust you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Mythos texture pack   Slenderman Mythos texture pack - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slenderman Mythos texture pack
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3