Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Discussion Board Group Slender Story?

Go down 
+12
EvilRhino229
NearTheEnd
Vaughn
beast of blackwood
FreedomCaged
thehuntah
Vivi
ChewieV2
Zander
flamey9371
River Song
Styxtastic
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Styxtastic
Untainted

Current Win Points : 5

Discussion Board Group Slender Story? Empty
PostSubject: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:06 am

So, I had this idea a little bit ago for a Slender Story that takes place inside a thread forum. It could be fairly loose compared to other blogs, but in general, if would be more about a small group of people working with each other on the internet, all of whom begin to be stalked by Slendy. This would be comparable to multiple blogs all within the same story, but would be a bit easier to follow and a bit unique in the way the characters interact. They could post findings from their investigations using picture, video, and word, as many blogs do.

So, I don't really have any sort of story lined up for this. I just sort of want to see if anyone's interested, and what people think of the idea (as well as how unique it may or may not be).
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:08 am

Hmm, sounds neat. Kinda Candle Cove-ish. I don't know how it could be pulled off, but it sounds really interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
flamey9371
Watched

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:15 am

Sounds cool while i am not much for vids and pic i could write up a few blog posts detailing what happened etc etc to my character but it does sound like a good idea but before it went active we would need to have several things in place hell we could even make a Forum for it on proboards or something like that
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Not a bad idea using a forum as a way of storytelling. The main problem I see occurring with this are gamejackers who would try to fuck it up, or having people who think Slender Man is real joining it and possibly interfering with it as well. Even as an OOC site, we get people who are like "omg I've seen slendy he stalks me everywhere he's gonna all of you", so if you're going to do something like that, you'd best prepare for that. Though depending on how you handle it, you could turn it for the better.
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Current Win Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:58 pm

What Zander said.
We had a similar problem with the Steampunk forum. We were running a pirates Vs the Crown Forum RP and a guy kept crashing it trying to turn it into a Warhammer 40k RP, ended up killing the whole game dead.
Back to top Go down
Styxtastic
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Yeah, I agree, the main problem would be finding a place to post it where it was less likely to be gamejacked. Of course, it could be possible to put work into actually just creating a separate forum like flamey said, and populate it for a while with just mostly low-key threads from the main characters. Then we could pretty easily spread the story out over several different threads, and it could be a bit more or a bit less complex.

This would also allow us a bit more freedom in creating the story, instead of hijacking someone else's forum, I think. Plus, we could probably somehow figure out a reason in-story to block off part of the forum for the main characters.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:15 pm

I'm liking this idea.
Here's a suggestion in pulling this off in practice;
Make/host your own forum of course. (There are plenty of free hosts) then set up the entire storyforum to invite-only, but viewable to all. As in, only people emailed an invitation can make an account on the forum, but even visits/guests can view the entire forum and all its postings. I'm not sure all forums have it, but I have seen forums that have invitation-only signup.

I suppose you could later drop a link to discussion websites like SN,
and have out of game stuff happen there, and keep it separated from your
game.
If anybody outside of the pre-arranged participants emails asking for an invite, you could probably leave your responses at "Sorry, this is only for this group of people who know each other personally from project XYZ." and keep immersion intact. There are plenty of real life forums for all sorts of things that are private, so it's not all that unreasonable or in need of justification.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Styxtastic
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Ah, there we go. That's a great way to pull the whole thing off, and pretty much takes care of the biggest problem.
Hell, the story could begin with simply a group of people formatting the forum for a public release.
So, I guess the next step is seeing who all would be interested in participating in this.
Back to top Go down
flamey9371
Watched

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:53 pm

I wouldn't mind being a part of it it seems interesting and i won't have to go all grammar Nazi and spelling ninja on my every sentence.
Back to top Go down
thehuntah
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:44 am

hmmm.. good idea... good idea indeed, i really hope that this will be made, and i would really like to be a part of it
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:12 am

Sounds great, I'd love to get involved. NO, STOP THAT!

This really does sound like a pretty unique idea, and I'll defiently be watching when you start it. I would try to get involved, but I'm already knee deep in five projects, including two collaborative ones, so I'm going to try really hard to not join this one, too.
Back to top Go down
beast of blackwood
Untainted
beast of blackwood

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:47 pm

i like the idea of a forum based story, i would very much like to be a part of it
Back to top Go down
Vaughn
Untainted
Vaughn

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:24 am

I'm interested in seeing where this idea has gone. My own forum has a role-play section, so things like this are interesting ideas to me.
Back to top Go down
http://terrortortellini.blogspot.com/
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:40 pm

It sounds very, very interesting. I'll be keeping watch.
(Wow, that sounded creepy.)
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:08 am

What a nice little idea you have there! I'd love for that to happen. I could write about personal experiences wait patiently for inspiration while I sit at my laptop google-eyed at the amazing features of Windows 7.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
Osiris
Untainted
Osiris

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 am

I'm interested. My attempt at running a standalone blog thing was a colossal failure, but this...this I think I could do. The community aspect sounds like a blast.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/OsirisChronicles
MaximumErr
Untainted
MaximumErr

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:58 am

This does sound real interesting. Lemme know if you still want more people. I'm always game for something like this.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:54 pm

ooooh.... A game? I love games.....
Back to top Go down
DFW
Observer
DFW

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:23 pm

this would be very interesting!

slight variation on what Vivi said, and I'm not sure entirely how do-able it would be, but if you were running on some sort of system that requires messages to be approved before they were posted?
That way anyone could be involved, but you could avoid people screwing up the plot or trolling, etc. etc.

Only issue being that if there are lots of messages, any moderators you have would be busy, but hey, it's an idea.
Back to top Go down
Vaughn
Untainted
Vaughn

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 am

I was thinking about this idea some more recently and I think I figured out a way it could work by using freeforums.

1. Get a decent group of people who want to be involved in the game forum.
2. Have somebody set up a freeforum for it (obviously).
3. Set it so that usernames can only be approved by an admin.
4. Set up a thread on here so that people who want to join in on the game in the future can ask in the thread (or by messaging whoever is in charge) and have their usernames approved by the admin over at the game forum.

This way you know who is involved and it cuts down on any and all potential gamejackers because their usernames won't be approved, but people will still be able to read the threads as guests. And freeforums doesn't allow guest posting at all.

Also, it's possible to set up hidden forum sections on it, so the group involved in the game would be able to discuss what they're doing and collaborate with each other behind the scenes. And the OOG discussion from the readers and such can go on this forum instead (Slender Nation) to keep the game forum seemingly completely IG.

Comments, suggestions, complaints?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:46 am

Vaughn wrote:
I was thinking about this idea some more recently and I think I figured out a way it could work by using freeforums.

1. Get a decent group of people who want to be involved in the game forum.
2. Have somebody set up a freeforum for it (obviously).
3. Set it so that usernames can only be approved by an admin.
4. Set up a thread on here so that people who want to join in on the game in the future can ask in the thread (or by messaging whoever is in charge) and have their usernames approved by the admin over at the game forum.

This way you know who is involved and it cuts down on any and all potential gamejackers because their usernames won't be approved, but people will still be able to read the threads as guests. And freeforums doesn't allow guest posting at all.

Also, it's possible to set up hidden forum sections on it, so the group involved in the game would be able to discuss what they're doing and collaborate with each other behind the scenes. And the OOG discussion from the readers and such can go on this forum instead (Slender Nation) to keep the game forum seemingly completely IG.

Comments, suggestions, complaints?
Awesome idea! Count me in if you actually make it. :3
Back to top Go down
Vaughn
Untainted
Vaughn

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 am

Well, I'm not really thinking of making it myself, if that's what you're implying. I was just posting my suggestion for other people to consider.

I'm just a lowly member of this board. This game idea really sounds like something for other people to build and get involved in. I'm just putting in my two cents to try to help it along as I am interested in seeing if the idea flourishes and becomes something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Board Group Slender Story?   Discussion Board Group Slender Story? Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion Board Group Slender Story?
Page 1 of 1