Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

I Am The Slender Slayer

Go down 
+19
The Slender Man
The Speed Of Darkness
Tiro1000
DaLadybugMan
level100nidoking
EvilRhino229
DFW
Crusergirl
NearTheEnd
FreedomCaged
CuteWithoutThe
housecat94
alliterator
ChewieV2
Geisterdamen
Vaughn
Machine Gun Cynic
Vohn_exel
T-man
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Geisterdamen
Untainted
Geisterdamen

Current Win Points : 6

I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 pm

DaLadybugMan wrote:
To define "legitimate writers," I mean people who actually put effort into writing....Let them know that you appreciate it. It takes time and effort to write a good blog, you know.

Do you know about any really good ones?
Are there active discussion boards about them too?

Last edited by Geisterdamen on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Their, there, and they're messing with me again.)
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:16 pm

I can put up some stuff about them a bit later if necessary Wink
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Geisterdamen
Untainted
Geisterdamen

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 pm

DaLadybugMan wrote:
I can put up some stuff about them a bit later if necessary Wink

That's lovely. : )
It's nice to know about new things.
Running short on interesting reads.
Back to top Go down
T-man
Untainted

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:44 am

DaLadybugMan wrote:
To define "legitimate writers," I mean people who actually put effort into writing. How it's offensive is that...well, look at the threads in this section for a moment. Look at what's generated the most discussion. Apart from general topics, it's a trollblog with little-to-no effort put into it that's generated any sort of discussion lately.

I just think it's a little disrespectful to writers who've poured tons of effort into their works to be giving it attention. It's kind of like coming up with a great comedy routine and then watching everyone purchase tickets to watch the guy who just stands up and yells "PENIS!" instead. Sure, it'll make you laugh, but it's something anyone could do. The only blogs anyone pays attention to anymore are the few terrible ones, which makes it really hard for the people who are trying to tell a good story.

I'm not saying "don't discuss this blog." Not at all. I'm just saying that if you're going to be discussing something of low quality (even intentionally low quality), please make sure that you're also supporting the work of people who whose writing you legitimately enjoy. Let them know that you appreciate it. It takes time and effort to write a good blog, you know.

I see where you're coming from. I understand that it can be frustrating when you work hard writing a blog that doesn't get much attention. But you shouldn't need the attention to be happy as a writer. If you enjoy writing blogs then continue to do so, and if you get attention then all the better. But when you are reduced to insisting that it is disrespectful to 'legitimate writers' to give trollblogs and parody blogs any attention at all, frankly it makes you look like a douchebag. I agree that there are good blogs out there that don't get enough attention, but stating disgust with anyone who pays attention to non-serious blogs just speaks poorly of you not just as a writer but as a person in general. If you want to draw attention to those
under-read blogs then why not go make a thread for some of them instead of whining about an obvious joke? Sorry for my frankness but I truly feel that you are being unfair to readers who are not doing anything wrong at all.

Last edited by T-man on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DFW
Observer
DFW

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:31 am

T-man wrote:
DaLadybugMan wrote:
To define "legitimate writers," I mean people who actually put effort into writing. How it's offensive is that...well, look at the threads in this section for a moment. Look at what's generated the most discussion. Apart from general topics, it's a trollblog with little-to-no effort put into it that's generated any sort of discussion lately.

I just think it's a little disrespectful to writers who've poured tons of effort into their works to be giving it attention. It's kind of like coming up with a great comedy routine and then watching everyone purchase tickets to watch the guy who just stands up and yells "PENIS!" instead. Sure, it'll make you laugh, but it's something anyone could do. The only blogs anyone pays attention to anymore are the few terrible ones, which makes it really hard for the people who are trying to tell a good story.

I'm not saying "don't discuss this blog." Not at all. I'm just saying that if you're going to be discussing something of low quality (even intentionally low quality), please make sure that you're also supporting the work of people who whose writing you legitimately enjoy. Let them know that you appreciate it. It takes time and effort to write a good blog, you know.

I see where you're coming from. I understand that it can be frustrating when you work hard writing a blog that doesn't get much attention. But you shouldn't need the attention to be happy as a writer. If you enjoy writing blogs then continue to do so, and if you get attention then all the better. But when you are reduced to insisting that it is disrespectful to 'legitimate writers' to give trollblogs and parody blogs any attention at all, frankly it makes you look like a douchebag. I agree that there are good blogs out there that don't get enough attention, but stating disgust with anyone who pays attention to non-serious blogs just speaks poorly of you not just as a writer but as a person in general. If you want to draw attention to those
under-read blogs then why not go make a thread for some of them instead of whining about an obvious joke. Sorry for my frankness but I truly feel that you are being unfair to readers who are not doing anything wrong at all.
^That's pretty much how I feel..
Also I think you shouldn't make assumptions that anyone who posts an amused reply to something silly like this doesn't support more serious writing.
I honestly haven't had time to get into any new blogs/vlogs lately, but I used to stalk quite a few. And when I was following those I didn't have any real input so that's just what I did stalked without discussing, and that could indeed be what others do, you don't know.

As for the post I made here before, I was amused, so I posted, that's not "support" or anything, I didn't even read past the first blogpost. I just felt like stating my amusement and I don't think that's really "disrespectful" as you put it. *shrug*

So yeah guilt tripping people is a bad way to try and get people into other things, and you shouldn't be making assumptions on what people do or do not support anyways. Sorry for rambling.
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 am

Quote's spoilered for length, no reason this has to be a five page long post, espically if most of it isn't mine.

Spoiler:

I'm of two minds on this, actually. On the one hand, that was probably an over reaction, and not really nessacary, like you said, this will be gone by the end of the month. This thread really isn't that big of a deal, you know.

On the other hand, I see where you're coming from, it's annoying to see so much activity wasted on such a stupid blog. This isn't even a troll blog, it's like a troll blog of a parody of a troll blog, that's how bad it is. I'd make an Inception joke, but frankly it's not worth it. And yet this is what takes up so much of the focus of the forum. It's been a good while since I've seen any topics about the really good blogs arise, even when one shows up people don't seem to want to comment on a writers ability or spin theroies on what they have in store. I do feel like threads like this (and even blogs like this) are a nuscience, but you can't really do anything about it but ride them out.

Besides, if people think that this is funny that's their bussniss, I'm not writing a blog just to get more viewers, what do I care if this moron pulls away a few views from my blogs.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:26 am

Like I mentioned before, I'm not saying "don't read this blog" or "don't comment in this thread." That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that it's always kind of disappointing that the only blogs people seem to comment on or discuss are the terrible one. I'll admit, the blog is amusing. It does have Narm Charm.

Did I overreact? Yeah. I vented a bit out of frustration. I said things a bit more pointedly than I meant. I'm not mad at any of you. Like I said, I'm more than happy to recommend blogs and start topics for them. I'm just disappointed that the things people discuss are the terrible ones. Not mad at anyone. Not disappointed in the people commenting on this thread, but the people who are familiar with good blogs and don't comment on them at all. And even then, I'm just as much at fault.

Apologies if I've offended anyone. I stand by my points, but here wasn't the place, and conveying them pointedly like they were wasn't the way.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
T-man
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:40 am

DaLadybugMan wrote:
Like I mentioned before, I'm not saying "don't read this blog" or "don't comment in this thread." That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that it's always kind of disappointing that the only blogs people seem to comment on or discuss are the terrible one. I'll admit, the blog is amusing. It does have Narm Charm.

Did I overreact? Yeah. I vented a bit out of frustration. I said things a bit more pointedly than I meant. I'm not mad at any of you. Like I said, I'm more than happy to recommend blogs and start topics for them. I'm just disappointed that the things people discuss are the terrible ones. Not mad at anyone. Not disappointed in the people commenting on this thread, but the people who are familiar with good blogs and don't comment on them at all. And even then, I'm just as much at fault.

Apologies if I've offended anyone. I stand by my points, but here wasn't the place, and conveying them pointedly like they were wasn't the way.

I apologize as well if my last comment seemed rude. I just lost my cool for a bit, but it's good to see that everything's smoothed over now. I for one wouldn't mind a few new blog threads. This section of SN seems to be getting neglected lately, which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
Geisterdamen
Untainted
Geisterdamen

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 am

Can we all be friends now?
Mr. Bug-man says he'll bring us new stuff to read Smile
And we're all satisfied with that, yes?
Shake hands! Slendy for everyone! Head Tilt
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:57 am

I'll go ahead and say right now that I don't actually read the blogs. I'm more of a vlog kind of guy. I don't mean any disrespect and as a writer myself I do sometimes go to blogs and check them out. However, I don't stay updated on them, I've looked at maybe two. Even this one, as silly as it is, I only read a few posts and then left it alone.

I know how it feels to have something you love doing, and no one cares about it. But silence doesn't mean that people aren't enjoying it. Only 14 people watch my vlog, but I have more views that that, so obviously people enjoy it without commenting. I've learned that on the internet, people are only vocal when they REALLY REALLY like something, to the point of becoming super annoying fanboys, or when they REALLY REALLY hate something, to the point of becoming trolls. There's a few normal users and fans in between, but usually for everyone one of them, there's a hundred others not saying anything.

I commented in this thread because the blog was stupid and terrible, although that's likely the author's point.I find it silly and it's nice to make jokes, but I don't consider this blog anywhere near the quality of the ones that I have seen. It's fun to laugh and not take things seriously so we all just hop into this thread for a cheap laugh, but at the end of the day, it's the real blogs that we think about. Don't take it too personally that threads like this have all the comments. It's not what people want to see, it's just that they're fun to comment on.
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:15 pm

On a more positive note, new "update" for this "blog"...

And my reading of it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

Current Win Points : 146

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 am

Spoiler:

My sentiments exactly... *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:49 pm

He updates once more! As do I!
This time, the writer

Spoiler:

P.S.: This guy is actually a legitimate blogger, I have noticed. This can mean only one thing... He's an Ubertroll!

Last edited by EvilRhino229 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops, I forgot to link to the actual video...)
Back to top Go down
The Speed Of Darkness
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:45 am

Back to top Go down
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 pm

The Speed Of Darkness wrote:
He updated again.

Uploaded! Have at thee, Internet!

Last edited by EvilRhino229 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Th-the video...)
Back to top Go down
housecat94
Untainted
housecat94

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Oh god he mentioned my blog. What is he even saying I did?

http://thehuntergetshunted.blogspot.com/2012/03/woweee-real-true-power-now.html
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:25 pm

This thread is incredibly amusing.
Back to top Go down
T-man
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Someone appears to be spamming this post with copypasted reviews of classic novels. Oh, and he posted again.
Back to top Go down
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Oh boy, do I have a lot to do. Gone for a week and I come back to Slenderman being the President of the United States.
Back to top Go down
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:31 am

Oh god
http://thehuntergetshunted.blogspot.com/2012/03/roberts-blog.html

What?
http://whiteelephantspart2.blogspot.com/2012/03/start-of-my-timetravel-adventure.html

What??

No. What?!
No no no no
WHAT?? XD

No. No. Make it stop. XD
I can't breath XD
somebody help! I can't stop XD

Edit: Oh fuck, and Omega Dies! XD Even in the crappy blogs, there is no escape for you! XD
http://whiteelephantspart2.blogspot.com/2012/03/crash-landing-in-past-of-world-war-two.html
this is GREAT XD
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:10 pm

You forgot that "Alex from Marble Hornets" has a blog now, too: http://marblehornetstheblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/first-reallly-real-post-posted-by-me.html
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Wanting this to actually be White Elephants reboot.
Back to top Go down
housecat94
Untainted
housecat94

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:48 pm

You know what?

Eff it, I'm rolling with this.

Expect my blog to be completely different. It'll still be terrible, just in a different way.
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Oh god burn everything we're starting this whole humankind thing over.
This attempt has clearly gone somewhere bad.
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
FacelessNightmare
Untainted
FacelessNightmare

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Goddamnit this thread. I just know that quotes from this "blog" will hit me at random times now. Exams is not the best time to randomly burst out into laughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Am The Slender Slayer   I Am The Slender Slayer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Am The Slender Slayer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next