Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D

Go down 
+12
Zack_Shadows
deadlyconfuzion
goomba771
BananaBrains
EvilRhino229
Dr. Squirtle
The Slenderfreak
Katherina Katya
Black_myst
Zetto1995
Catachan
Picklen'UrSickel
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

Current Win Points : 11

Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Picklen'UrSickel wrote:
You both are also in Smile Role-play tonight around four-five -5 Gmt?
I need a bit more info man.
( I live in Newfoundland and since we are in our own time zone things are weird)
Back to top Go down
http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:30 pm

If you don't mind me adding anything to my profile (timer on my login didn't give me a bunch of time); Johnny also has a pen to go along with the journal (is that ok? I mean, what's the point of a journal w/out a pen? right?), and profile-wise, due to not having a consistant source of money, he is a bit malnourished (but he is a fast runner). Also, he is an artist, is disorganized, and is a bit of a punk rocker. And while not super tall (6' 3"), his low weight does make him appear quite skinny (if not slender lol)

If I can't get this new info approved, fine, I realize that I'm a bit late to do that, but if I can, thanks. And thanks for getting a reasonable profile pic, Picklen. And I don't know about time, as I'm in the Pacific Northwest, so let's figure that out.
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Oh no you can as a pen/pencil is REQUIRED to use a journal XD
Back to top Go down
Katherina Katya
Untainted
Katherina Katya

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Picklen'UrSickel wrote:
You both are also in Smile Role-play tonight around four-five -5 Gmt?

I'm game. It might be a bit late in the night for me, but I'm an insomniac. So.

Oh, if we're doing descriptions, Sara has short dark brown hair, dark green eyes, black -half rimmed glasses, weighs around 90-95 pounds (Not much, I know, but she exercises a lot and has a high metabolism.), and stands at 5 feet 3 inches.
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Okay... hmm we need to set a date and time
Back to top Go down
Catachan
Anxious
Catachan

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm happy with whatever time, as long as it's not too early in the morning and after 3 PM EST
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:35 am

Name: Ernest Woodward
Occupation (if any): Thereotical Physicist
Equipment: Flashlight, utility knife, some jack links
Character
Biography (at least a paragraph): Born in Glendale, CA, he always liked
reading books. He finished Gulliver's Travels by 8, and also loved to
write. Although classified as a nerd by classmates, he was quite agile
and has a bit of muscle. In high school, het got into science and left
the dream of becoming an author. He later majored in Thereotical
Physics. He never cared to marry as he is always busy researching.
Although he's been lived in the complex longer then the other residents,
not many people cared to know him. He doesn't leave the house often,
except to go on long jogs to freshen up, in the forest 2 miles from the
complex.
Essential traits: Kind and willing to lend a helping hand,
Good sense of humor, cool temper, quiet and independent, tends to talk
to himself, bit of a spazz, tends to bite his nails.
Other information: Distant cousin of Gordan Freeman.

Phew!

I'm okay with any time around 3:30-7:30, although I don't think I can be
here EVERY day, but I'll only miss it about once a week. Also I live in
California

Last but not least, we need to know where the complex is located, the size, how well its been maintained, and a description of every room and corridor. A drawing may help.

Trust me, we'll need it.

Last edited by Dr.Squirtle on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:00 am

@ Picklen'UrSickel: I had an idea man, What if you (As soon as you have all the characters you want) make a post to start the story then give everyone 24 hours to post they're actions, then post the result of there actions(Where applicable) and then repeat?
This should solve the time problem. (Trying to set one time for everyone to RP will be like herding cats)

Last edited by Zetto1995 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 pm

I agree with Zetto's plan, as I don't always get a bunch of computer time (sometimes I do, it just depends what house I'm at [split between parents' houses] and all that). and thanks for the pen (of course, that would mean that technically the journal and pen are one item, but who cares?). In any case, this RP may take a while, but it should at least go steadily once it gets rolling. and I do plan to draw stuff for this (hence the journal), so does anyone know how to include pictures in posts?
Back to top Go down
Catachan
Anxious
Catachan

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:22 pm

The Slenderfreak wrote:
I agree with Zetto's plan, as I don't always get a bunch of computer time (sometimes I do, it just depends what house I'm at [split between parents' houses] and all that). and thanks for the pen (of course, that would mean that technically the journal and pen are one item, but who cares?). In any case, this RP may take a while, but it should at least go steadily once it gets rolling. and I do plan to draw stuff for this (hence the journal), so does anyone know how to include pictures in posts?
As far as I know, you just scan photos in a, well, scanner, then upload it via imageshack or another photo hosting site.
Back to top Go down
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:13 pm

The Slenderfreak wrote:

Well, it depends (kinda). If you've already uploaded it to another site, you can just click the "Insert Image" button under the title box.
If not, you can click the "Host an Image" button next to that. From then you can upload a file from a URL or your compuer. After hosting it, you'll be given a few links. The best link to use is the one for the actual image, as opposed to the thumbnail, etc... Then use the "Insert Image" button to insert the picture you just hosted.
Hope that helped!
PS: Yeah, I don't plan on really participating in the RP (irregular schedule and such) but I saw this and felt this post would be useful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
Katherina Katya
Untainted
Katherina Katya

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 pm

I agree as well, that would be a good idea.

Just letting you know ahead of time, starting Monday I will be gone most of the day for two weeks for drama camp, but I'll try to reply every day. Same for one week at some point where I'm going out of state for a band camp. I'm not sure if I should bring my laptop, because I'm not sure if they have wi-fi. I can, however, get on using my phone, but so far that's been chaotic.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:18 pm

I was thinking more of a first-person account, where we would take turns giving our character's account of that point in the story, kind of like a mental diary. I'm sure most of you have read a book like this before.
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Dr.Squirtle wrote:
Name: Ernest Woodward
Occupation (if any): Thereotical Physicist
Equipment: Flashlight, utility knife, some jack links
Character
Biography (at least a paragraph): Born in Glendale, CA, he always liked
reading books. He finished Gulliver's Travels by 8, and also loved to
write. Although classified as a nerd by classmates, he was quite agile
and has a bit of muscle. In high school, het got into science and left
the dream of becoming an author. He later majored in Thereotical
Physics. He never cared to marry as he is always busy researching.
Although he's been lived in the complex longer then the other residents,
not many people cared to know him. He doesn't leave the house often,
except to go on long jogs to freshen up, in the forest 2 miles from the
complex.
Essential traits: Kind and willing to lend a helping hand,
Good sense of humor, cool temper, quiet and independent, tends to talk
to himself, bit of a spazz, tends to bite his nails.
Other information: Distant cousin of Gordan Freeman.

Phew!

I'm okay with any time around 3:30-7:30, although I don't think I can be
here EVERY day, but I'll only miss it about once a week. Also I live in
California

Last but not least, we need to know where the complex is located, the size, how well its been maintained, and a description of every room and corridor. A drawing may help.

Trust me, we'll need it.

Accepted
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:32 pm

So, not to complain, but when are we gonna start this? How many people are you wanting to join this? and do you have a map for the apartment complex? All this will help quell my anxiety about this starting, because I'm kind of excited for it. And even better, what if someone were to illustrate out what was happening, like, for a 'graphic novel' (cough*comic book*cough) I'd love to do that, seeing as it is just about summer and I can anticipate that happening. And one more thing, none of us know what the others look like at all except for Katya's character and a bit of my own. physical description is just as important as who the character is. Why don't me make that mandatory along with the rest of the character profile? Sorry if this is a bit rambling, but I needed to get that all out.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Yeah, I already asked for a map. Refer to my previous post for how I think we should write it.
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:13 pm

I did notice that you wanted a map, Dr. Squirtle, I want one too, more demand = more likely to et what we want, right?

One problem I can forese-If some # of characters have a conversation, and they aren't around any others/ don't want others to hear (I know that we all start in the basement, but not everything said has to be heard by all, right?), (A) how do the others know what was talked about (if those characters are away) and (B) how would we communicate this stuff without the others in the RP knowing what was said? I suggest that we use PM (if none minds) to accomplish that. sound good (I feel like there might be some sort of problem with that, for some reason...)?
Back to top Go down
Katherina Katya
Untainted
Katherina Katya

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:02 am

The Slenderfreak wrote:
I did notice that you wanted a map, Dr. Squirtle, I want one too, more demand = more likely to et what we want, right?

One problem I can forese-If some # of characters have a conversation, and they aren't around any others/ don't want others to hear (I know that we all start in the basement, but not everything said has to be heard by all, right?), (A) how do the others know what was talked about (if those characters are away) and (B) how would we communicate this stuff without the others in the RP knowing what was said? I suggest that we use PM (if none minds) to accomplish that. sound good (I feel like there might be some sort of problem with that, for some reason...)?

I'd like a map as well.

That idea is really good. I agree, we should use PM if it's only between a few people.
Back to top Go down
Catachan
Anxious
Catachan

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:24 am

Katherina Katya wrote:
The Slenderfreak wrote:

I'd like a map as well.

That idea is really good. I agree, we should use PM if it's only between a few people.
I'll just echo this
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 am

Thats really not what we were going for but what ever you think would add to rp would be great! im just trying to figure out when this starts as there are LOADS of posts on how I should Handel this me and myst will have a date by tonight also we dont have a map and currently we are only allowed in he basement if anyone would like to make a map be my guest! but currently we do not...
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Picklen'UrSickel wrote:
Thats really not what we were going for but what ever you think would add to rp would be great! im just trying to figure out when this starts as there are LOADS of posts on how I should Handel this me and myst will have a date by tonight also we dont have a map and currently we are only allowed in he basement if anyone would like to make a map be my guest! but currently we do not...

Well, all things considered (Slendy), I'd think that staying in the basement would be a REALLY bad idea, but I understand starting there. How many people just stay in one place when they have a paranormal, all-seeing, creepy-as-all-et-out monster on their tail?
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:56 pm

One last thing before we get started, I think that we should not bother with doing the RP on weekends, Many people (Myself included) have plans on the weekend and I don't think we want to be too strict about the progress of the RP, After all the goal is to have fun right?
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:22 pm

I agree with Zetto. I'm not super interested in wasting using my time on the weekends for a role-play. I've been trying to improve my social life, not cripple it horribly. Not that we should be prohibited from doing it on the weekends, but I have other things to do than screw around on the Internet all day. In addition, having the role-play at one point in time is gonna piss off my parents (who don't like me on the computer for long periods of time), and I don't want to sit there and click "refresh" for hours on end. Zetto's previous idea of the 24-hour timeframe for responses seems like a pretty good idea-I'm on Slender Nation about once a day at least (If I get bored I'll go on more than once, depends on the day and what's happening). But not everyone can be on the site at the same time, so spacing out response time is a good idea. I'm sure we can make this all work, right?
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:29 pm

The Slenderfreak wrote:
I agree with Zetto. I'm not super interested in wasting using my time on the weekends for a role-play. I've been trying to improve my social life, not cripple it horribly. Not that we should be prohibited from doing it on the weekends, but I have other things to do than screw around on the Internet all day. In addition, having the role-play at one point in time is gonna piss off my parents (who don't like me on the computer for long periods of time), and I don't want to sit there and click "refresh" for hours on end. Zetto's previous idea of the 24-hour timeframe for responses seems like a pretty good idea-I'm on Slender Nation about once a day at least (If I get bored I'll go on more than once, depends on the day and what's happening). But not everyone can be on the site at the same time, so spacing out response time is a good idea. I'm sure we can make this all work, right?
If we follow my 24 hour idea, We can post Mon-Fri and this will also give me a chance to be as involved in the RP as possible.( I am usually without internet access on Friday and Saturday but i'm back online by Sunday.)
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:39 pm

The Slenderfreak wrote:
Picklen'UrSickel wrote:

Well, all things considered (Slendy), I'd think that staying in the basement would be a REALLY bad idea, but I understand starting there. How many people just stay in one place when they have a paranormal, all-seeing, creepy-as-all-et-out monster on their tail?

Im not saying that XD im just saying from the start! the storm would most likely keep us down there longer as storm of that nature could collapse the whole building .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D   Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slenderman Role-Play JOIN NOW! :D
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next