Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels

Go down 
+19
ChaosGamma
BravoBismuth
TheFallenenvoy
DarkShadows
guitargodd97
GeorgePenn
level100nidoking
Etreo
Machine Gun Cynic
sethlapod555
XuchilVith
Moose
Fotzepolitic
AlphabeticWar
OhWhatProvidence
Tahrgat
Cougar Draven
EvilRhino229
Glasseye
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Glasseye
Untainted
Glasseye

Current Win Points : 1

Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels Empty
PostSubject: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 pm

I don't think there's a thread like this anywhere (aside from the one in the movies/television forum), so let's start one.
It would be great if you could put these in spoilers, for easy access and whatnot.

Let's start off with Chriddof.
Spoiler:

Next is ShayeSaintJohn.
Spoiler:

Feel free to add channels and videos as you wish, and hopefully we'll have an expansive library of creepy videos not pertaining to the Slenderman mythos.
Back to top Go down
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Okay, I'll start with Chriddof's channel. The first time I heard of this channel is from the video We Kept Driving. It should be noted that in context this video is especially unsettling, and actually made me afraid to look out of windows. (Mostly because it is said that if you do so during the video, there will be someone looking at you through it, but it doesn't help that at that moment my neighbor was walking down the sidewalk looking through the window.)

Next, one that is probably renowned for its implicative creepiness, Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, by thsisitcollective (or futureshorts, depending on which video you click on, they're the same.). This video isn't really creepy, per se, but for some reason it just got to me. It may have been the part with the puppet rolling the heart around in glitter, or the "Entrail Cake", but it just creeped me out more than it should have.

I won't even mention Självmord in detail because A) Gore has no place here, and B) It's not on YouTube.

TL;DR, videos, one got banned and the other two are just plain creepy. Also, some of this may be construed as in-character but I swear it isn't I did that once and regret ever IC posting in the first place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
Glasseye
Untainted
Glasseye

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:19 pm

EvilRhino229 wrote:
Okay, I'll start with Chriddof's channel. The first time I heard of this channel is from the video We Kept Driving. It should be noted that in context this video is especially unsettling, and actually made me afraid to look out of windows. (Mostly because it is said that if you do so during the video, there will be someone looking at you through it, but it doesn't help that at that moment my neighbor was walking down the sidewalk looking through the window.)

Next, one that is probably renowned for its implicative creepiness, Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, by thsisitcollective (or futureshorts, depending on which video you click on, they're the same.). This video isn't really creepy, per se, but for some reason it just got to me. It may have been the part with the puppet rolling the heart around in glitter, or the "Entrail Cake", but it just creeped me out more than it should have.

I won't even mention Självmord in detail because A) Gore has no place here, and B) It's not on YouTube.

TL;DR, videos, one got banned and the other two are just plain creepy. Also, some of this may be construed as in-character but I swear it isn't I did that once and regret ever IC posting in the first place.

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared is actually an excellent film.
It's kinda like the bizarre tone of Don Hertzfeldt shorts mixed with the playful appearance of Blue's Clues.

I've spent my morning watching videos from the Chernobyl meltdown, and some of it is really compelling.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:38 am

Hm. I'll definitely have to check some of this out. Somewhere along the line everyone thought that "scary" was synonymous with jump scares and creepy audio. And I won't lie, Jadusable proved that creepy-as-balls audio still gets to me from time to time. But that doesn't mean a fucking thing if the content is laughable. Basically a Nurse With Wounds video is something I'm looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:17 am

I love the channels:

Creepy Pasta Jr.'s Playtime
https://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyPastaJr

and

CreepsMcPasta
https://www.youtube.com/user/CreepsMcPasta

I'd love to find more channels that effectively read creepy pasta to you.
Back to top Go down
OhWhatProvidence
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:03 pm

As for just creepy videos, I know that "treatsforbeasts" is wonderfully disturbing MS Paint surrealism. There's also... I think it was "ChieftainDragonfly"

I also have one I'm looking for- it was like AuntiBee or something, a lot of black and white videos of a woman in an odd outfit (and maybe a plauge mask?) and one of the videos had her rocking a child back and forth...
Back to top Go down
AlphabeticWar
Anxious
AlphabeticWar

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:31 pm

I'm not sure I would deem it scary, but Watch Alice Bleed is pretty fucking unsettling.

It's a stop motion short film, very strange.
Since I'm a new member, I can't post the link. But, you can find it on Youtube. c:
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:47 am

I can never get behind Creepypasta. A lot of it seems really... dumb, I guess, and not in a suspension-of-disbeliefy way, more of a "ermagherd, bloody mary BUT WITH A POP UP AD" way.

Am I just picking really bad examples to check out?
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 am

If anyone can find a good example I'm all ears. The concept is solid but the execution is uniformly terrible.

Might grab Jad's stuff again. Been meaning to share that with a friend and...

Whoa. Epiphany. (not relevant, ignore)
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:36 am

I'm tempted to label up my "Regulate" remix as Creepypasta and see how it goes down.

Was going to post a link but I'm still getting this thing:

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:37 am

You could probably send me a link and I'll put it up. On UF if necessary.

Last edited by BananaBrains on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double-post merged)
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:00 pm

K.

My idea of Creepypasta is Jaaam, or alternatively, those Miesmacher videos I keep churning out. One idea, no context, with a lovely soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Music is the only thing that moves me these days. If not for that, I would have laughed off BEN DROWNED (and probably wouldn't have enjoyed Majora's Mask in the first place).
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm

TRUFAX: The sound of Sonic the Hedgehog drowning still regularly shows up in my nightmares.

Anyway:

Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:13 pm

...wh. What am I watching? (Not scared. Not creeped out. Confused as all fuck.)
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Jaaam was a "sketch show" of sorts by Chris Morris (the man behind The Day Today, Brasseye, Nathan Barley and most recently Four Lions). It was aired at some insane hour of the night. I strongly recommend looking up more sketches.

When people rave about British TV and you watch Torchwood and think "what the fuck are you talking about", this is what we're talking about.

Last edited by Fotzepolitic on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moose
Anxious
Moose

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:18 pm

[This one really got me.]

[And, just and interesting note, while I'm scrolling through my history trying to find an excellent creepy pasta channel...]
[At some point I watched the 'Jokes Over' EverymanHybrid video.]
[I watched it in between a live performance of Mambo Italiano and a recorded version of Sway, both by Dean Martin. There were no further video watches.]
[Weird.]

[Also, the youtube Channel I mentioned was 'theLittleFears'. Her most recent video is actually semi-related to Slenderman ('The Stick Man'-- See her video 'The Victoria Kindergarten Project)]

theLittleFears

Back to top Go down
http://www.ragemoose.com
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:29 pm

The Little Fears isn't bad, by any stretch of the imagination. But that's mostly timbre and mood, and not so much content.

Also numbers stations. Did I mention those?
Back to top Go down
Moose
Anxious
Moose

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
The Little Fears isn't bad, by any stretch of the imagination. But that's mostly timbre and mood, and not so much content.

Also numbers stations. Did I mention those?

[Oh god, number stations. How I love the real life creepy things.]
[Like Toynbee plates and the Voynich Manuscript.]
[We actually have a very large series of HAM shortwave radios (my dad is an enthusiast) and I tune into monthly stations on my Little Handheld Yaesu.]
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Ha, okay, you guys ever see this?

Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Hell yeah I've seen that. Best thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Anxious
Moose

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 pm

[Can't... say that I have...]
[Is there still no explanation for that?]
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm

I don't know if it's weirder or less weird if you're familiar with Max Headroom.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Not really. The guy was never identified iirc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Headroom_pirating_incident
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 pm

I fucking love genuine unsolved mysteries. They balance out all the ones that are totally solved but which people just pretend are unsolved.

Anyway, this is quite creepy at times. For us jaded peoples.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels   Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels Empty

Back to top Go down

Unsettling Youtube Videos/Channels
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next