Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man

Go down 
+8
xyzombie
BravoBismuth
DaLadybugMan
DarkShadows
BananaBrains
TheFallenenvoy
Zander
AlkerStay
12 posters
AuthorMessage
AlkerStay
Observer
AlkerStay

Current Win Points : 30

Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man Empty
PostSubject: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:04 am

im not sure if he was the the one who created the image after i

sawDid Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man Screen10

Sorry I had problems posting the image

https://i.servimg.com/u/f16/18/05/02/06/screen38.png

Last edited by Zander on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Don't triple-post.)
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 am

Yes, he did.

He was even interviewed way back by a former Admin:

EDIT: That bit you're looking at was part of how he was trying to make it more creepy, as one of the later posts in that thread, he acted like it got him.
Back to top Go down
AlkerStay
Observer
AlkerStay

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:48 pm

yes i remember that

but what if he lied

he probably did create Slenderman though but there is a chance someone else created the a different image first that wasn't very popular and he just stole the idea.
anyway happy birthday

Last edited by AlkerStay on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : to add Zanders birthday vid)
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 pm

I did my time

Now I want out
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:43 pm

You asked us "Did Victor Surge create Slender Man?" and we gave you a straight, simple answer: Yes, he did. As far as anyone knows, the Slender Man is the product of Victor Surge. If by some unlikely chance it was not an entirely original idea, we have no way of knowing that. However, I see no reason to doubt his credibility.

As for the photo in your first post, at the time he began sharing his first Slender Man images, he included fictional stories of Slender Man incidents with them. In order to catch peoples' interest, he would phrase them in such ways as to suggest the incidents were true (they weren't, of course). When he says "research" in that image, what he really means is that he needs the time to create more images or stories to share on that thread.

So in short, yes, Victor Surge did create the Slender Man.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Oh, so you're that deathsonlyfriend guy who subbed to me on Youtube, AlkerStay. Thanks for the sub. ^w^

Yes, Victor Surge is Slenderman's "daddy", so to speak. He, like most monster creators, created the being from what scared him the most, and used those traits and abilities to weave the foundation of the being, much of which inspired and slowly built the Mythos into what it is today.

To my knowledge there's not any mention of Slenderman/Slender Man or any other name for that being before Victor created that thread, and as others have pointed out, he was trying to lend credibility to the being being real with that (and other) posts since this WAS a thread about making paranormal images that seemed real. Looks like it worked for a while... and apparently is still working, since so many people who fail to do the research seem to believe Slenderman is a real entity. -_-"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 pm

The Slender Man has always existed.

Victor Surge just brought him to light and unleashed him upon the world.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 am

DaLadybugMan wrote:
The Slender Man has always existed.

Victor Surge just brought him to light and unleashed him upon the world.

I want to believe.

Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 am

DarkShadows wrote:

I want to believe.

I just married you because of that. You may not realize it, but it happened.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:48 am

Oh Gosh Bismuth this is all so sudden. I don't even know what to say...

But okay, as long as we don't have weird babies I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 am

That podcast is so perfect. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 am

This might help you a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

DarkShadows wrote:
Oh Gosh Bismuth this is all so sudden. I don't even know what to say...

But okay, as long as we don't have weird babies I'm fine with it.

I doubt we'll ever meet in person, so babies are pretty much out of the picture. Weird or otherwise. :p
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Oh, hey, The Dust Brothers. Neat.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
yelkca
Untainted
yelkca

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:35 am

He certainly had some inspiration, though. Legends like slenderman have been around for a long time, because the idea just scares a lot of people. Think about the urban legend of the men in black, for example:
They're men who go door to door, asking strange questions to people, usually involving recent UFO activity. They also:
1. Wear suits
2. Are unusually pale
3. Are tall and have strangely long fingers

I'm not saying this proves that either legend is true, of course they're both fake, but Slenderman is a combination of long-standing fears. He wears a suit; something about a killer in a suit is disturbing. He has no face; that's always been creepy. I could go on and on with examples, but that's a few interesting thingehs.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:42 am

I must ask you to please refrain from Necro-ing threads that have been many months dead. The thread will be locked.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man   Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Victor Surge Actually Create Slender man
Page 1 of 1