Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

What you hate the most about new vlogs

Go down 
+4
morbidatropine
The Doctor
DuaLocKs
Lumine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

What you hate the most about new vlogs Empty
PostSubject: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Flame wars topic, discuss the things that ill-informed new creators always do wrong.

For example: They don't know what the fuck gamejacking is until someone else has to point it out. It can't be avoided sometimes but its frustrating.

Another example: An overuse of the Operator symbol of (get this, real popular lately) TribeTwelve's Collective Symbol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
DuaLocKs
Anxious
DuaLocKs

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Slender. They usually know Slender Man from the Slender:The Eight Pages game and have no knowledge of the mythos. 

And then there are series with no plot whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Originality in stories, and the use of distortion. Yes, distortion has become a staple in The Slender Man vlogs...but that's the point. EVERYONE uses distortion to try and both signal when slendy might be near and also to build suspense. I would much like to see different ways of working in suspense as well as a different effect Slendy has on people/technology.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
morbidatropine
Anxious
morbidatropine

Current Win Points : 59

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:29 pm

I find that most (not all) of the newer, underground vlogs try way too hard to copy the more successful ones. The stories are usually lacking, which is probably what most bothers me. Also most of them don't seem very committed, they barely try at all when it comes to acting.
Back to top Go down
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:45 pm

It only somewhat annoys me, but those who are ignorant to the Mythos and only know about the Slender game is something I dislike. We had to make a video of something (the subject could be anything) for an Audio/Visual class in college and a few other people did Slenderman projects, which all did good except for one other one, who only played the game and tried to make a "humorous" parody of the game, which just butchered Slenderman's menacing personality.
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 am

I find the way that newer vlogs tend to try and almost "humanize" Slender Man (as in giving it weaknesses, people succeeding in attacking/killing Slender Man, etcetera.) to be quite annoying to me, although I'm basically calling the kettle black as I've done the same "humanization" in mine, although that doesn't mean that like that particular concept.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:51 am

When I interviewed Victor Surge, we had discussed what The Slender Man was to him, in terms of background. He said that he always thought of it as kind of an SCP escaping a government facility. That storyline, put together with decent actors and a well flushed out narrative, could prove to be one hell of a good vlog.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:00 am

I guess another thing I'm not to fond of are all the crossovers that seem to be happening between all of the new vlogs.
Don't get me wrong, one or two crossovers with other vlogs is fine, as long as it makes sense in the big scheme of things, but lately I'm seeing vlogs crossing over with 3 or more vlogs, and all those vlogs stories are getting tangled up with the other vlogs stories, and it gets to the point where none of them even make sense anymore.
Although, that is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:02 am

Whenever they address him as "Slender".
Back to top Go down
thexlastxdalek
Watched
thexlastxdalek

Current Win Points : 91

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:13 am

I really hate the vlogs where they use too much distortion
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aaronklompp
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 3:28 pm

projectbigfoot1 wrote:
I really hate the vlogs where they use too much distortion

I agree, especially when the distortion happens when there should be none. It just seems like filler, and on top of that, lazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you hate the most about new vlogs   What you hate the most about new vlogs Empty

Back to top Go down

What you hate the most about new vlogs
Page 1 of 1