Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Marble Hornets rewatch thread

Go down 
+3
Peppercorn
PointlessTest
level100nidoking
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Davros
Observer
Davros

Current Win Points : 33

The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 4:09 pm

The sound of silence in the early Entries is truly terrifying. It adds a whole extra layer of atmosphere and suspense. Also, whoever says that the Slender Man (Operator, whatever) can't be terrifying while moving is wrong, as this Entry proves. I'll admit it's hard to get right, but when it is, it's just as scary as him standing there.

On that note, I only see the Operator once in this entry, when he suddenly runs past Alex. I see a lot of stuff in the background that does look like him, but I'm pretty sure it's just lights and stuff. I could be wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:38 am

Davros wrote:
The sound of silence in the early Entries is truly terrifying.
Slendergarfunkle is terrfying.
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
Davros
Observer
Davros

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 6:37 pm

I just thought of something. From what I understand, the playground from Entry #70 is the same one from this one. So, what if this is a direct continuation of that Entry? I mean, Entry #70 ends with Alex collapsing to the ground, coughing. What if this Entry is him trying to get out of the park, and the Operator is continuing his attack?
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:13 am

Fun fact: this was the first Entry that convinced me I should NOT be watching these at night. Not because it was overtly terrifying, but because I could guess the kinds of stuff it would build up to.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
Davros
Observer
Davros

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Another fun fact: this is the first Entry in which we see Jay. Or at least, where he's present. 

Not much to say. It's interesting to see these early Entries, because you can tell that they're experimenting with a lot of stuff. Especially distortion in this one. 

Also, The Red Tower is a pretty cool location, but I don't remember the significance either.
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 4:56 pm

I just mentioned it; the red tower comes back in Entry #21.
Back to top Go down
Davros
Observer
Davros

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 5:47 pm

I know it's in Entry #21, but I mean...well, what's it's purpose? Why is it there? Why did someone leave a tape there? What significance, other than being a cool location, does it contribute to the plot?
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Davros wrote:
I know it's in Entry #21, but I mean...well, what's it's purpose? Why is it there? Why did someone leave a tape there? What significance, other than being a cool location, does it contribute to the plot?
Maybe it will be relevant in the movie? That's the only thing I can think of. It never really had any significance in MH.

post entry 87 spoiler:

Also, can anyone help me post the totheark videos that go with this? I can't find out which entries they were uploaded after, and we should probably rewatch those also.
Back to top Go down
Davros
Observer
Davros

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:28 pm

I only saw a few totheark videos (I suck at code breaking), so that's probably a good idea. There's a MH Wiki which I'm pretty sure has an upload timeline, here's a link to that. Hope it helps.

http://marblehornets.wikidot.com/start

As for the Entry, it is so creepy to see 
Spoiler:
acting normally. Also, that has to be one of the most subtle Slender Sightings ever done. A lot of people I've watched this with have to have that pointed out.

Last edited by Davros on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled breaking)
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:09 pm

You forgot #6.

Spoiler:

"Loop of unhappiness" is 10/10 the best thing ever written. Also, subtle background appearances for the win.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Peppercorn wrote:
You forgot #6.

Spoiler:

"Loop of unhappiness" is 10/10 the best thing ever written. Also, subtle background appearances for the win.

No matter how many times I see this, slenderman just floating past the window will always make me lose my shit.
Back to top Go down
Davros
Observer
Davros

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 5:13 pm

More proof that Slender Man can be scary when moving. And that silence can be golden. 

Seriously, I cannot emphasize enough how much I love the pure silence in most of these early tapes. It sets a claustrophobic, almost suffocating tone for the rest of the series to follow.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 12:27 am

Sorry for taking so long to post this one, I was gone a few days and then got distracted by the new wow patch.

I agree the use of silence in these entries is really well used, it makes me wonder why they didn't use it any more in the later entries. Although in the later entries they also took way longer to upload and were a lot longer, which is probably why.
Back to top Go down
Davros
Observer
Davros

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 6:15 pm

Small insignificant happenings like this really add to the layer of realism for me. Not everything has to happen for a reason. 

That said, what distracted Alex from his insane drawing? Something close to Entry #1, maybe. Maybe this leads into Entry #1. I don't know. But I do appreciate that from the very beginning they were hinting at Alex's total madness.

(Quick question that applies to ALL series: Does the drawing compulsion ever get explained here, or anywhere else? It seems like something MH started, and that everyone else picked up, but never gave much of a reason to. Why do these people feel the need to draw these very specific images?)
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:51 am

Drawings actually started in the original mythos as a sign that people were going insane from what they saw and had to interpret it. (I would know, I have that weird fetish for it.)

But I love how, as an "uneventful" Entry, it contributes enough atmosphere to not be a waste of time. That's actually a really valuable thing to do in a series.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Not to mention that the distortion in 9 is some of the loudest and most ear peircing i've ever heard.
Which really creeps me out....

Spoiler:

It's quite unnerving when I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:29 pm

The level of snark in this Entry never fails to make me laugh.

Also, I've seen it pointed out somewhere that you can hear kids in the background at first, but not later on... make of that what you will.
Back to top Go down
Davros
Observer
Davros

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:32 pm

I

I highly doubt this is what you meant, and likely you've already seen this (and I'm accidentally breaking some sort of rule here) but it's hilarious anyways, so here it is.

I continue to love the little clips of "Alex Kraile's Marble Hornets" as I'm watching these again. It's fun to piece together his movie bit by bit, filling in the missing parts for yourself. And, the first appearance of Tim!

So...what happened with Sarah? I mean, I know she gets mentioned, like, two more times, but where did she go? Why is this character only in one Entry? Even Seth got more than one Entry! And, for that matter, what happened to him?
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
Davros
Observer
Davros

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:56 pm

All hail Marble Hornets, masters of Walking Around in the Dark With a Flashlight! Good skill to have in this profession. 

You do have to wonder why Alex was outside in the first place, though.
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Davros wrote:
All hail Marble Hornets, masters of Walking Around in the Dark With a Flashlight! Good skill to have in this profession. 

You do have to wonder why Alex was outside in the first place, though.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:37 am

Chieftain1 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:56 am

Running through the dark from it... the natural conclusion at this point. Wink

The totheark video Operator is the one with the audio for this Entry... which sounds kinda awesome, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marble Hornets rewatch thread   The Marble Hornets rewatch thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Marble Hornets rewatch thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next