Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JadeLightningDash
Anxious
JadeLightningDash

Current Win Points : 42

People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series Empty
PostSubject: People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series   People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Hey everyone. I was hoping y'all could help me with an issue that I've been dealing with.

Someone recently subscribed to my channel and followed my twitter account. On twitter, they messaged me that they thought Masky from MarbleHornets might be stalking my character. They told me other rather annoying things, like how they wanted me to tell them where I lived so that they could help me, and how they were going to track down the antagonists of my series with help from the FBI, something stupid like that. I attempted to explain to them that my channel was a webseries and entirely fictional, but they refused to listen to me, insisting that MarbleHornets wasn't fiction, and that the Slenderman does exist. I have a feeling this person was under 13.

I really need some advice on how I can prevent something like this from happening again. I've been working on EmeraldSky47 for over a year, and I really don't want someone to ruin the immersion.
Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

WK
Back to top Go down
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series   People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:39 am

Gamejacking is a horrible thing. Did you go to YT staff about the problem? They are helpful when it comes to harassment, as are most sites.
Back to top Go down
Davros
Observer
Davros

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series   People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:30 pm

This is tough. Preserving immersion is important (it's the main reason I loved MH) but there are some people who take it a bit too seriously. I think you should keep trying to talk to him, but if it keeps going, I also think you should contact the YT staff. But this is all just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series   People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:05 pm

You should change the comments settings, so you can direcly lock those who write that (they changed  it so it should be easier now) or just set the comments settings to moderated, so you can  see them and choose to not let them post those comments and directly set them on ignore.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
Magnus96
Untainted
Magnus96

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series   People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:53 pm

I would just change the comment settings or maybe block him. Sounds like a pain. Though I wouldn't say it's a kid, it's most likely a troll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series   People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series Empty

Back to top Go down

People Threatening The Immersion Of My Series
Page 1 of 1