Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

Can the Slender Man talk?54.516

Can the Slender Man talk?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can the Slender Man talk?

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:15 am

THE ANSWER TO THIS THREAD

I'm kidding guise...Alright, so this question has been in my brain all day...Can the Slender Man talk? In some mythos he can in some he can't. In a few mythos a silt where open where his mouth should be so he can talk and eat children, in others he hugs children to eat them. I personally don't know but since you guy's are probably smarter then me maybe you could fulfill me with a good answer? Cause really i don't know.

It appears however that there is no real "yes" or "no" answer to the question.

Last edited by SlenderManFan on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Can the Slender Man talk?

Post by Crusergirl on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 pm

The answer your looking for is, No.
At least not in a way we can understand. Be it physical or psychic.
Can he make you do things, horrible horrible things? Yes.
But if he is talking, we sure as hell can't understand it.

And that is my answer.
So there.

Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points: 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaa on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Crusergirl wrote:No.

gg

Konaa
Observer

Current Win Points: 66

View user profile http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zander on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Konaa, try to refrain from one word posts.

And uh, Crusergirl pretty much covered this in basic form. It'd be like giving Link or Gordon Freeman the ability to talk. It's just something you don't do.

Zander
Survivor

Current Win Points: 640

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWolf on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:57 pm

To play devil's advocate, I can think of one instance I've heard Slendy talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6PGh2fvTg&list=PL8EDE92C6120D402E&index=2

It starts at about 2:52. The video's a bit amateurish, and I doubt anyone takes this video seriously, but it shows that creators have had Slendy talk before. Usually though Slendy talking is really the exception to the rule.

WhiteWolf
Observer

Current Win Points: 61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:00 pm

WhiteWolf wrote:To play devil's advocate, I can think of one instance I've heard Slendy talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6PGh2fvTg&list=PL8EDE92C6120D402E&index=2

It starts at about 2:52. The video's a bit amateurish, and I doubt anyone takes this video seriously, but it shows that creators have had Slendy talk before. Usually though Slendy talking is really the exception to the rule.

I saw that, however i wasn't sure if that was supposed to be Slender Man's voice or not. But if it is then hot damn he's got the smoothest voice EVER. As i said, some people say he talks some people don't. I think the best way of answering this question is to ask Victor Surge himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintermarch on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Talk? His language is madness and his words are horrific death.

Wintermarch
Observer

Current Win Points: 64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Wintermarch wrote:Talk? His language is madness and his words are horrific death.

Who said? See we don't even know..However i like how you put your sentence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintermarch on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:39 pm

SlenderManFan wrote:
Wintermarch wrote:Talk? His language is madness and his words are horrific death.

Too much Lovecraft in my veins. I was going to write more, but I figured I'd keep it short.

But all of Mr. Surge's original stuff just said he was silent, and everyone's just kind of run with that. Making Slendy talk is a surefire way to get me to ignore whatever Slenderfiction you're writing.

Wintermarch
Observer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Jeebles on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 pm

He's so incomprehensibly ahead of us that we can't possibly understand him even if we tried.

Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet

Current Win Points: 749

View user profile http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Wintermarch wrote:
SlenderManFan wrote:

Too much Lovecraft in my veins. I was going to write more, but I figured I'd keep it short.

But all of Mr. Surge's original stuff just said he was silent, and everyone's just kind of run with that. Making Slendy talk is a surefire way to get me to ignore whatever Slenderfiction you're writing.

But did Victor ever say that he was always silent?

I don't really care if people make him talk or not..It doesn't ruin it for me in any way. Only thing that has ever ruined Slender Man for me if the whole fluffy shit. I'm pretty sure victor never said he was fluffy..then again he never really gave him a personality....

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintermarch on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:49 pm

I don't think he did, but I thought it seemed to fit Slendy rather well. If he talks then you learn more about what he wants or what he is, and that kind of kills the mystery. I like that it's impossible to know exactly what his motives are because he never says anything.

Leaves us poor victims confused and guessing. Very Happy

Wintermarch
Observer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Wintermarch wrote:I don't think he did, but I thought it seemed to fit Slendy rather well. If he talks then you learn more about what he wants or what he is, and that kind of kills the mystery. I like that it's impossible to know exactly what his motives are because he never says anything.

Leaves us poor victims confused and guessing. Very Happy

Well, If he talked i doubt he would spoil anything. That wouldn't make sense if he did that...I think he himself would prefer being a mystery. If he does talk I'm sure he does it rarely.

I guess confused and guessing is better then knowing everything about the Slender Man. I was really upset with the Friday The 13Th remake when they spoiled how Jason got to places so fast but yano that's a remake it doesn't count...But anyway before i get too off topic I'll shut up here.

Back to top Go down

Post by CheckersValentine on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:03 pm

I don't really care what Victor Surge said in regards to Slendy (woah, blasphemy), becuase, as awesome as Victor Surge is, and as close as he is to being Slendy's Origin; he didn't really create slendy. In the end, he was the launching point for the internet to create slendy. We all created slendy, and moreover, pretty much every series and story out there has a different Slendy. So I don't particularly care if a specific story goes off of Surge-canon and does something different

That aside, I don't like Slendy talking because for me it breaks a lot of the fear. It's similar to how I don't like seeing slendy move much. For me, he's creepiest when he's just a sort of tall, looming figure that moves very slowly and doesn't make a sound. It's this idea that a tall, looming, slow moving thing would still be capable of overtaking you and messing you up.

I've never really seen a 'slendy-talks' serious that I found wholly creepy. I perfer that he uses the proxies to speak for him. Unless of course we're talking comedy.

Can I be in your movie?

CheckersValentine
Stalked

Current Win Points: 101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintermarch on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Well, SMF mentioned asking Victor, so that's why I brought it up.

And I agree, I haven't seen anyone do a talking Slendy that didn't irritate the hell out of me.

Wintermarch
Observer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum