Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection

Go down 
+3
BlackWolf
Erratic
altiumvidetur
7 posters
AuthorMessage
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

Current Win Points : 68

The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection Empty
PostSubject: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:54 pm

DISCLAIMER: I don't like Twilight. I don't. It's badly written daydreams masquerading as fantasy. It's bad fanfiction masquerading as literature.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way.

The Twilight/Marble Hornets Connection.

You may well be thinking "What. What the hell." And you'd be right. Comparing the two is like comparing Lord of The Rings and Ferngully. But there is a connection, which my one semester of literary comparison has allowed me to see.

Twilight involves a stalkery not-vampire who watches the bland main character sleep,
follows the bland main character around, is dangerous but doesn't seem to do anything to prove the fact on the page. Marble Hornets involves a stalkery Eldritch Abomination who watches the bland main character sleep, follows the bland main character around, is dangerous but doesn't do anything to prove that fact on camera.

Marble Hornets is better written, and better everything-ed. But taking the "watching you sleep" thing, and the fact that the main characters are there for the respective audiences to insert themselves into, there are some similarities. Also to take into consideration, the fact that trees have a big part in everything, Forks is apparently "foggy", and Edward is described as being "like marble"—very pale, and ice cold.

Edward even tries to rearrange Bella's organs. He bites her lady parts to give her a c-section. That is not something normal people do.

Twilight is a bit like a terribly written Slendy fic, as predicted by Zero. They make Slendy a "pale, cold Adonis," who still retains his stalkery traits and repeatedly beats up on Jay Bella the Protagonist.

My script for a Twilight/Slenderman crossover goes a bit like this:

Bella: I can change him!
Slendy: TENTACLE SPLOSION
Bella's organs are found in some trees days later.
Her remains being eaten by the bad guy vampires.

Please do not set me on fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:03 pm

I like your script there....if the books had gone like that I'm sure the Twilight craze would have been better off-as it is now it has no foundation.
Back to top Go down
Erratic
Observer

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 pm

I admit it, I laughed. Kudos to you, fine sir and/or madam.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 12:30 am

All I can say is: I would read that.

Praise be to Slendy for killing Bella. I love you Maybe he is a force for good after all?
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Observer
WhiteWolf

Current Win Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 12:57 am

I've never read Twilight (thank goodness) but I do see where you're coming from. I think a lot of it stems from the ambiguity of both characters; you don't know if they're good or evil. Though I do think that Slendy's actions as a stalker are more antagonistic than what I know about Edward Cullen (his character makes no sense to me).

Since when is Slendy a "pale, cold Adonis?" Is that something a fangirl wrote up? I'll admit that I have a bit of a crush on him myself as much as I HATE to admit that to anyone else, and how much that would probably put me at risk if he WERE real, but why romanticize him? You're more likely to get yourself killed in a situation like that.

I don't think I'll ever understand fangirls.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:17 am

I would not call Slendy a pale cold Adonis, though he is 10 times more hot than Edward. I imagine it's because Slendy keeps it real, KWIM?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Anxious
Alice

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:35 am

Just as long as we never have to see Slends sparkle, I am totally down for sacrificing Bella Swan. Totally. Down. Here's hoping your script will be in theaters before Breaking Dawn!
Back to top Go down
http://holisticalice.livejournal.com/51505.html
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:18 am

I imagine you could make a lot of money with that movie. There's a large number of people who hate Twilight.
Back to top Go down
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted
Harlan Phoenix

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:41 pm

WhiteWolf wrote:

Since when is Slendy a "pale, cold Adonis?"

He's the bad boy my father refuses to let me see.

And I don't listen. Because it's love.
Back to top Go down
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

Current Win Points : 179

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:44 pm

The only Twilight "connection" that matters:

The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection The_co10
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Observer
WhiteWolf

Current Win Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:48 pm

That is a gorgeous and awesome pic! Winpoint for you.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Words cannot describe how awesome that picture is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection   The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection Empty

Back to top Go down

The Twilight- Marble Hornets Connection
Page 1 of 1