Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Go down 
+22
Zuckerman
runjump360
BanishedZaber
re
Apples
Wrathling
ChaosGamma
AlanAuch
BlackWolf
RocktheworldXD
Zander
Microwave Jellyfish
looby
Trygon
Sachael
altiumvidetur
Roninator
LisaEvermore
WhiteWolf
Vivi
Sam4books
Mr. Jeebles
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AlanAuch
Observer
AlanAuch

Current Win Points : 34

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 9:52 am

BlackWolf wrote:
Holy cow. I have no idea what to say. I keep wondering how Slendy and the Rake are connected (if they actually are) in this series.
Yeah I've been bending my head back and forth trying to figure out how they relate to each other

Honestly, although I suspect the whole parents-being-dead motif was originally improvised after the series began, I'm wondering if we aren't going to discover that Alex's clear inability to deal with it is what's drawing the Rake to him? There's little explanation in the original pasta for the Rake's motivations so it's not impossible that it could prey upon emotional frailty of one sort or another
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:38 am

I just started watching through all the videos again and noticed that in "Joke's Over" Vince mentions Jeff calling his parents before he went off.

So I'm thinking that either they didn't have this planned out at the start and that's just a mistake from that, or possibly there might something else strange going on. Kind of thinking it's probably the first option, but who knows?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Jeff and Alex's parents have been dead since the beginning of the series. It's gotten to the point where Alex is going completely insane.

As for the Rake, Even though he attacked Evan, Evan was not his target. It was Alex. He's been after Alex before and he came back to finish the job. He even took two birds with one stone by taking out Sparky, he was the one who kept the rake away at night.

After the video was posted HABIT tweeted

Quote :
HA - IT APPEARS THAT BOTH OF THE BROTHERS KNOW A DEAD BITCH.

I assume this is in reference to their parents.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
RocktheworldXD
Untainted
RocktheworldXD

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
Jeff and Alex's parents have been dead since the beginning of the series. It's gotten to the point where Alex is going completely insane.

As for the Rake, Even though he attacked Evan, Evan was not his target. It was Alex. He's been after Alex before and he came back to finish the job. He even took two birds with one stone by taking out Sparky, he was the one who kept the rake away at night.

Quote :

I thought the tweet was talking about Sparky and Jessa. Or maybe their mom, I dont really know. But shoot, that was a low blow.
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer
AlanAuch

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:

Quote :

Honestly I'm pretty sure it's a reference to Jessa and Sparky (who I'm pretty sure is female)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Yea Sparky and Jessa seems much more likely. There mother was just on my mind because of Alex's behavior.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:09 pm

We don't know for sure if Jessa is dead...

I assumed it was their mother just because of the Boombox thing, but Sparky totally makes sense. Bitch=Female dog. Which makes me sadder/paranoid for my animals more. I am never letting my cat go outside again. Just sayin'.

BTW HAI JEEBS! YOUS BACK! <3
Back to top Go down
http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:38 pm

RocktheworldXD wrote:
Mr. Jeebles wrote:

Quote :

I thought the tweet was talking about Sparky and Jessa. Or maybe their mom, I dont really know. But shoot, that was a low blow.
IT'S ABOUT THE DAMN DOG. A FEMALE DOG IS A BITCH. THEY BOTH KNOW A DEAD ONE NOW. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DEVELOP YOUR HUMOR. DX
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer
AlanAuch

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:50 am

LisaEvermore wrote:
We don't know for sure if Jessa is dead...
yeah, but I suspect neither does HABIT. I think it's just his in-world taunting rather than an omniscient statement that she's departed this mortal coil

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Wrathling
Untainted
Wrathling

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:05 am

I was okay during the whole video till the rake attacked and then I screamed like a man. Tho I have to say after re-watching it, the noises sound kind of cheesy.

No! Not sparky!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Wrathling.Deviantart.com
Apples
Anxious
Apples

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 pm

The screams...my god.
Back to top Go down
re
Anxious

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:04 pm

what were the screams saying? i couldn't make out what the rake was saying.
Back to top Go down
http://rerahrich.com
BanishedZaber
Anxious
BanishedZaber

Current Win Points : 96

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:23 pm

re wrote:
what were the screams saying? i couldn't make out what the rake was saying.

I don't think we were supposed to be able to make it out. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
runjump360
Anxious
runjump360

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Evan feels no pain, knows no fear, washes no hair!
Back to top Go down
Zuckerman
Untainted

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Pfft, some minor deep gashes into the arm won't phase Evan, he IS manliness itself.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

Current Win Points : 58

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:14 pm

I've watched this entire series, yet I feel like I haven't seen any of it. I don't remember their parents being dead, let alone there being a boom box where their dead mother's voice was projecting, or Alex (Jeff's little brother right) going insane. Maybe I need to watch the series again.....I am apparently missing something.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:20 pm

I don't think you're missing anything, at least nothing that the rest of us aren't. I believe this video is the first time any of that stuff has been brought up, at least in the videos. I know the TV Tropes page for it said something about their parents being dead for a while but I'm not sure where they got that from.

But yeah, everything with the boombox and Alex seeming to go insane is only from this video, at least as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Well then I'm rewatching this video because I'm so confused right now. I remember reading something in the description box on one of the videos about someone being dead, but they never said anything in the video. I remember that Ryan (it was him right) had ended up dying, and that's what I thought they meant by the grieving process.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:26 pm

They're probably referring to Jessie's grandmother who, it seems, was killed by the Rake a while back (February or March, I can't really remember). Ryan died in October/November, somewhere around there, when they introduced the HABIT trials.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:48 pm

Jeff and Alex's parents being dead was mentioned in one of the UStreams.

Also, that wasn't the Rake attacking Evan.
The testosterone inside Evan had reached such a critical mass, that it exploded out of his arm in the shape of manly scars.
Proof?
There's no way some pansy ass Rake thing could cut Evan's skin.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one fawning over Evan's manliness.
Back to top Go down
Zuckerman
Untainted

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:

You never will be Blue Eyes.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Zuckerman wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:

You never will be Blue Eyes.

I figured as much.

EDIT : Just rewatched this video, and now I understand. Poor Sparky. ;_;
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:30 pm

It sounds like the audio tape that Alex has of his "mom" is also in a mini clip on the "...." video. At 0:53 when you see sparky on the stairs for two seconds.
I have no idea what that would mean since its so short.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWwYHm96CVY
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I just couldn't get over the awesome image of the Rake using Sparky as a sock puppet.

"Hi guys! I'm your dog! Arf arf! No really!!! Ahha...So, whats with cats huh??? *yuck yuck yuck* You've been a wonderful audience! Thankyouthankyou."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back   One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next