Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Teaming up for Writing Blogs

Go down 
+7
MysteryC
Lero
Alder
Lotus
The Visitor
Allan Assiduity
Broeckchen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

Teaming up for Writing Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:02 am

I noticed a recent trend among the creators which is actually very pleasant: Most of them have another creator they trust and share their plot ideas and blogposts with this partner prior to publishing them. The respective trusted person provides them criticism and help with improving the blog(posts).

The result is that instead of one, two brilliant heads work on most storylines to improve them and flesh them out right. Which leads to glorious ideas and posts and a much less insecure way of the creators to handle their own writing. It's a great development, so I'd like to contribute something to it.

How about everyone who feels the need just auditions in here for being critic-partner of someone else? That of course mean that both partners give and take critique. If you'd like someone in here to be your partner, just contact them and team up!
Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:12 am

An interesting idea, although I am unsure if I grasp what exactly you want us to d-
Quote :
brilliant
Wrong thread for me, then.

Seriously, I think I've mentioned in other threads that I am always willing to lend a hand for someone who needs it; I am contactable through both PMs and my MSN address, which can be found via the icon on the left. Or you can add it just to chat. That's fine Razz
Back to top Go down
The Visitor
Untainted
The Visitor

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 am

Allan, you're cheating on me! Mad

It sounds like a good idea, Broeck, and I wish you and others that show up in this thread luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 am

Cat here. I edit for Slenderbloggins, as some of you probably know, and I'd be happy to help with the more technical aspects of writing. You can also just bounce ideas off of me.
PM is fine, or email at thecat_seesall@yahoo.com.
Back to top Go down
Lotus
Anxious
Lotus

Current Win Points : 36

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:00 am

Is this for blogs only? I'm making a Slendy VN (visual novel) and would appreciate a proofreader/ someone to bounce ideas back and forth with. I'm currently at a brick wall because I'm not sure if I should go with the idea that I have for the story.
Back to top Go down
http://thelotuspwns.deviantart.com/
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:28 am

I am totally up for collaborating in a Slendy VN. PM me.

Big Type-Moon fan. Can't draw for shit. Okay writer - see my Slenderblog in my sig.
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:32 am

Incidentally, it never hurts to have multiple proofreaders; multiple perspectives is, after all, the very reason for a proofer!
Back to top Go down
Lotus
Anxious
Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 am

That's what I was thinking, wouldn't hurt to have other opinions. I'll send a pm in a sec, Alloflifedecays.
No worries about the art aspect, I'm doing that myself. I'm just really insecure about my writing (I've never really put out a story to the public before).
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Oh, I'd love to help out with a Slender Man VN, too!
Contact data in my User profile.
Back to top Go down
Lotus
Anxious
Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Lol, ok xD I was thinking about making a thread for specifically for my game, maybe I'll go ahead and do that. I think I've got enough material to show it off.
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:33 pm

I'd rather suggest to make a littler and own place only for that. Reason: If you do all the planning in here, most of your future audience will stumble upon it before the game is finished, which spoils the result.

I could stir up a little blog or forum, maybe completed by a Skype chatgroup for us.
Back to top Go down
Lotus
Anxious
Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:44 pm

True, I don't want to spoil it D: I'd appreciate if you'd do that! I'm not on Skype a lot because art program + skype = not happy computer, but I'm almost always on MSN.
Back to top Go down
Lero
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:53 pm

I think I should have done something like this before starting the blog I'm working on now. Somebody else might have been able to see the flaws in my plan. But it's too late now.
Back to top Go down
MysteryC
Untainted
MysteryC

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:02 pm

I already belong to a large group of blogs that write collaboratively, which can sometimes lead to awkwardness with crossovers as writers try to figure out who's covering what and timing. We use a private chatroom to hash out ours, but also exchange emails to keep things straight. It is a LOT of fun, both creating a collective arc and helping each other develop smaller personal arcs.
Back to top Go down
http://warpintheweave.blogspot.com/
Roninator
Anxious

Current Win Points : -91

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:24 pm

I also had conversed over emails for crossovers with Slice, Core, and others. It was a lot of fun to take part in creating a story.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:29 pm

I'd love to work on a collaborative blog with someone else, but I don't think my blog character, Arthur Pierce, is ready to come into contact just yet. He hasn't actually been introduced to Slendy just yet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:28 pm

I haven't created a blog or a blog character yet but I'd love to collab with someone.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:41 pm

By "collaborating" this thread was more for a "look over someones work and bounce ideas of them before they post it" rather than a collaborative story line between two blogs, but if you two would like to work together that would be a good idea. Just find some way to get in touch and work out a story line.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Well, Jeebles. I think Malus might be mad at me, cuz I bug about a blog already.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm not mad at you. :3
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:55 pm

I don't think he's mad at you. But if he doesn't want to work with you don't force him into it. There are plenty of other aspiring bloggers out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Malus wrote:
I'm not mad at you. :3
Awww, your not!
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Of course not, haha. Like I said before, though, I don't know if I'm ready to work with anyone just yet - I'm still in the beginning stages of my own blog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Yep, well when you are ready my character Alyse would like to meet Arthur.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:01 pm

To avoid spoilers for any potential readers, if you two do choose to work with each other, don't discuss your plot here. Send each other private messages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teaming up for Writing Blogs   Teaming up for Writing Blogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Teaming up for Writing Blogs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next