Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Riddle of the Tree Man

Go down 
+15
Dr. Squirtle
Chieftain1
StoneyShore
knifeman
Chris
hazlov2004
Glassbeetles
NearTheEnd
timeobserver2013
TheApertureIncident
Tiro1000
sethlapod555
Peppercorn
TailsFoxy
SalvatoreHaran
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

Current Win Points : 66

The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Michaels Camera was more of a way for me to portray a darker, more talkative side of the character I played in glassbeetles. I don't know what I did right in The Riddle of the Tree Man, but damn, it worked!

Now feast your eyes upon the beginning of Hero's attitude change. Notice how he is cutting Spades off and acting like he's not a pussy. Character development is happening! Whatever Spades tells Hero off camera... well, you'll see how it affects him soon enough Wink

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HEOOIS00A0LIAR00
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

Current Win Points : 71

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Whatever he told him off camera...I have a feeling it is pretty big. Man spades is awesome Smile  

Is the other guy Trimaw who we saw in the shed, or is Spades referencing someone else when he says why the dog is there.  

Still wondering about the shadow though...he seems really awesome.
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 6:37 pm

My favorite part of this new video is
Spoiler:
 Laughing 

also yes, the thing in the shed and keeper of the Dog is June of Candles (Trimaw) )Wink)
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Ooooh, I liked this one a lot.  It really shows how insane Hero has become, but he doesn't realize it. It's like Spades knew he was insane enough to cut his own finger off too.

It made me cringe almost as much as Branches did too.  Branches still has to be one of the most memorable because of how gruesome it is.
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:35 pm

knifeman wrote:
It's like Spades knew he was insane enough to cut his own finger off too.

Wellllllllllllllll, Spades kind of made him do it. He basically plotted it into the journal, soooooooooo yeah. The laughing was more of Hero realizing what he just did and that he's basically screwed, and is starting to kind of lose it.

I toned down the gruesomeness actually, the original shot has more of the finger cutting and an extra addition where the blood is draining into a cup. I'll more than likely upload that at some point OOG along with the extended branch pull from "Branches" in a deleted scene in the near future
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Oh, so the plotting thing only works for things that don't kill (or resurrect) for you, I guess. 

I'd be really interested in the more gruesome cuts though Very Happy That kind of stuff is always kind of cool. Also Spades did something actually bad to Hero now. 

Funny how Michael lost his eye, and Hero loses his finger.
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:21 pm

I'm still editing the new video, but in the meantime, I'll post the extended gore moments on my oog channel percentousFapper.

I'll work on the new video, but no promises for tonight sadly
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:45 am

AAAAAAAAAAND HERE IT IS!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:28 am

OH SHIT SKINMAN IS BACK.

I guess all these guys are working together after all. What will Hero do though? 

My guess is that he is going to start trying to kill them, because that is what Michael did.  

It kind of seems like Spades has total power here...I mean, he basically made June of Candles, the dog, and the Skinman show up.  

And it looks like Hero listened to 2TESY4JESTY, because he is not responding to my PM's anymore.  That or he is too busy cutting his fingers off.  

I'm thinking about something bad happening to "me," I guess you could say.  Like, if Jester could lock mrspikey in his house, 2TESTY would be very appreciative.
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:24 pm

knifeman wrote:
Like, if Jester could lock mrspikey in his house, 2TESTY would be very appreciative.
I don't think locking him in a house would be all he'd do. There'd be fire, and copious amounts of death
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Hmm, but the rules say that Jester can't kill Spikey, see Wink I'd read the comments on the FoolingJest channel to understand the terms of the test.  

I guess he'll have to figure something else out.  Perhaps you should tell the guy who does the Jester channel about the 2TESTY account because he kind of dismissed it at first.  

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Alright I actually have to be serious and not joking around or misleading in this post. 

The Riddle of the Tree Man is not just one central story. The whole point of the "plotbook" is that it is the literal plot book. For now, I'm doing a loose remake of MichaelsCamera, but that could literally change whenever (usually at the end of a sequence which mind you is about to start coming up soon). But yeah, back to the plotbook. It's purpose is that it can change the plot. As seen already. 
Spoiler:
and with that, while it may seem short lived, it won't be. Also, the livestream is going to be a Tinychat this weekend.

- :3D
cheers
Michael
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:46 pm

He put the spades signature guys, must be fake.  /s

I am also kind of glad the series is moving away from Spades from a while.  Not that I didn't like him, but he seems more like an end-game character than the dog or June of Candles, who both seem like characters that Hero will be successful against, considering Michael was.  

Also, if it is indeed a loose remake, does that mean the ending is already pre-determined, or not? The MichaelsCamera ending seemed like it was a cop out, and that you had to end it that way because you were asked to stop the series.
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:26 pm

The ending to the series is plotted, shot, and edited (but I figure I'll refilm it eventually to work better with my appearance in the coming year or so). In fact, I even snuck a scene into the start of the trailer with no context or spoilers I made on my oog/work channel.

The Sequence II ending is slightly predetermined. I'm trying to decide which one to use because I have about 3 or 4 that are reeeeaaaaaaalllllly good. It would be realistic to end the sequence with the livestream, but that would require everything going perfectly (which it hasn't in my oog tests). Basically expect the stream to be a rather semi-eventful leap into Sequence III's new plot and story. The M.E.E.C do return, new characters emerge, you get to question reality and truth again, and get a taste of how I handle a certain selection of Fears Smile

As for this week and weekend's updates.

Now that I'm at this "shitty motel", I can get everything up and running for an IG test live stream sometime soon. I'll pop out an update episode with the start of a little mini series interaction for another channel that I really like and have the honor of lighting a goody plot thing or something. 

But yeah, as I think I mentioned at some point, Spades and the Suits are the antagonists of the entire series, but there are going to be other enemies and antagonists throughout the stories they plot Hero into. Think of it like an immersive ARG short story anthology that Hero is thrust into. I think there is a movie simmilar to this where some kid goes to a library or something and gets sucked into a book idk, but yeah thats what this series is. Spades and the Suits are writing the book, and can make anything real or fictional. All Hero can do is try to survive each story sequence until he reaches one where he can hopefully put an end to everything.
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:35 pm

So yeah, here is the livestream link.

Unlike other generic ones that are a prerecorded video or something, this will be up for the next 3 days and Hero will get on every now and then and communicate with people. As expected, The Jester will also be on to screw around with Hero.

The rules are 
1: I will not go out of character
2: No gamejacks or using established character names
3: Have fun or Jester will eat your Doritos.

The In game characters are
1) Hero (me)
2) foolingjester/jest (the jester)
3) the_knave (Spades)
4) DjangoColeman
5)  exciting_clubs (Clubs the Murderous Doctor)

the IC! livestream
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:21 pm

And it appears Jester strikes again with shocking IN MY MOTEL FOOTAGE

"THAT FACE
THAT FUCKING FACE"

*hint* look at the walls

Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Basically a wrap up of what happened today in the tinychat...

Mrspikey (me) shows up, Jest shows up. They chat, Jest plots spikey a sandwich with "ketchup," blah blah blah. Clubs shows up, some other randoms show up, just some conversation about the shadow guy.  We also learn that the suits had Xezbeth dimensionally deported using something...

Hero shows up, talks about the blood flavored doritos Jester gave him. Starts using the cam feature, and we decide (kind of) to start plotting. However, something starts messing with stuff. Clubs keeps mentioning the closet...Hero looks in the motel closet, and find...A BELL.  A bell that is really similar to the one from MichaelsCamera.  

He doesn't ring it, but Jester (I think) teleports him back to his house.  Hero rings the bell, nothing happens. Jester keeps talking about Alex. We discuss how the shadow thing literally was Alex's shadow in one part of the recovered footage. Clubs explains that the bell can turn fears into real things, a fear machine (this was NOT its purpose in MichaelsCamera). Hero leaves for a while, comes back and says "livestream is over, I've got bigger things to worry about.  Alex is still Alive."

Clubs than gives us some dumb base 64 binary codes, and Ethan (one of Clubs' targets) shows up.

So yeah, a lot happened.  Btw, is Hero doing more of this tomorrow, or are you not using the tinychat anymore?
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Oh yes indeed, tomorrow and Friday are the last days.

I really hope that teleporting looked good, as I practiced it for like 2 weeks :p

I won't tell how I did it, because that would ruin the fun though!

As for the stream itself, I saw someone was indeed recording it, hopefully they release it. I'd love to see how well I actually did as opposed to how I thought I was doing throughout.
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Sorry to ruin your teleport fun bubble, but I have seen Glassbeetles (cross with Elijah video), so I am pretty sure I know how you did it :/

Either way, it was pretty cool, and it did look good. I'm sure not everyone there has watched Glassbeetles

Also, the guy who recorded it (The_Haunted_Cam) said he was uploading the thing, but that it was taking hours long because it was a 2 hour recording. He said he would send it to you as well.  

What else is pretty impressive is the overall synergy you, the guy who does Jester, and the guy who does clubs have.  Like, it works out really well. Had you guys practiced or anything beforehand?  

Also, just a question, do we get to plot the movie or not?  That might be kind of fun actually. Also, why did you change the function of the bell?  Because MC and GB aren't canon or what?
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Ah yes, the basement of my house is literally a motel room. My parents had friends that ran a motel and the gave us some generic motel paintings and bed sheets ;p

And the only thing we practiced was the dorito scene, and I practiced the teleporting alone all week to get up all 30 stairs in less then a few seconds.

And the plotting is in fact a thing 
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Quote :
SHES IN MY FUCKING MIRROR 
I CAN'T DO THIS SHIT

I HAVE NO CAR, NO MONEY, NO NOTHING

IM SO FUCKED
and 
Quote :
SHE CALLED HERSELF THE MOTHER OF SNAKES WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK

are both PMs I got.  And looky here:

http://thefearmythos.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mother_of_Snakes

So this thing actually exist huh?  Well I have a suspicion that Hero used the bell to "spawn," her.  

Also, Clubs seems to actually be helping Hero a little here...He says that killing his Fears will grant him something good. I am kind of likening him to Prometheus...not good, per say, but helpful, and he may face the wrath of Jester (who would be Zeus in this scenario?) if he keeps it up.

Last edited by knifeman on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : text color)
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Guess we'll find out in the livestream prefinale happening RIGHT NOOOOOOOW!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:10 am

I didn't recap the prefinale, so here you go.

"Teh_Her0," shows up. Now no one believed it was Hero from the start, but the suits wanted us to. He starts broadcasting, and unsurprisingly, it is Spades. We then plot the third sequence.  How it is supposed to go is that Hero gets captured by the MEEC, some horrible viewer makes him get his testicle chopped off (only one), and he escapes somehow, but gets a tracker planted in him...so that will be the base for sequence three...

After this, Spades leaves, and "e" shows up.  E turns out to be Hero from quite far in the future. He warns that the suits are not the real threat here, and that "it" can not be awoke. He says we have until April 20 to stop the awakening. At first I thought this was Masiagaloith, because that was part of the plot in MichaelsCamera 

Hero comes back, and says it is only the second day, he is still in the motel, and doesn't remember anything. Guess what? He is one day behind everyone else now. We fill him in, and he leaves, allowing for everything that happened to happen again. However, this time he breaks the bell.  Clubs says he can give him a new one, but won't 

Hero finds out he has the plotbook now. He tries stabbing it, tearing pages out, burning it, and putting it under water (btw the water one was really impressive. Did you have two books or what?) He also can't write in it.  I suggest he writes in blood because he has no other option, but whatever.

He sees a video of Alex on his camera from the future, and uploads it: 

This is kind of the end of the prefinale

Here is the finale night of the stream (I think? idk yesterday was Thursday for Hero, today is Friday for him)

"hweroi" shows up, who is basically "shadow Hero." That shadow thing that killed Alex? Well, it was using Alex as a puppet, and that is how he came back to life. Basically the thing was controlling Hero for the first 20 min. 

After that, regular Hero shows up.  A lot of things involving Tony happen. Basically, Tony's second half (taciturn) shows up, and tells us a lot of things.  We learn that the "movie," TheRiddleOfTheTreeMan was not directed by Hero. It was all real, and Xezbeth only made the plotbook do things, he didn't make it real. The Suits gave Hero the memory of directing the movie, for whatever reason...We also learn that Tony is Hero's brother? IDFK I wasn't paying the most attention at that part.

After some time of this guy "jitninja" (idk who he is, but he is connected to tony) and tony broadcasting, the Dog shows up in Hero's house. He manages to avoid it, but Jester and Hero type out this:

[10:08 PM] foolingjesty: UNDER THE FUCKING GROUND
[10:08 PM] foolingjesty: WHERE THE METAL BURNS 
[10:09 PM] foolingjesty: AND THE SKIN MELTS 
[10:09 PM] hero: A N D T H E T E A R S B U R N

So whatever that means...and Hero leaves. But he comes back as someone named F_A_T_E_.  He says some cryptic things, leading us to the thought of "are the suits really the darkness here? Are they the real bad guys?"

Hero comes back, not much else happens with him.  

Then Jit and Tony and Clubs and whoever that psychotic Gear girl is from Jit's game start broadcasting, and I leave because Gear's acting is shoddy (sorry if you are out there Gear, nothing personal). That is the end of the finale. Unless something else happened after that.

Last edited by knifeman on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell masiawhatever)
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:54 pm

OOOOO, YOU MISSED THE THIIIIIIIIIING :O

THE FINALE:

The finale video is being edited right now, and it's all thanks to you viewers that decided Hero's fate in Sequence III, IM LOOKING AT YOU HAUNTED "LET HERO LOSE A TESTICLE" CAMERA
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:05 am

I heard about that part today :/

It must have happened after 12, because I left when Jester and spades and you had left.  Wish I had stayed D:

I guess I will have to update the UF post now.  I still wish Godfrey had died Neutral  Also, A question about Hero, how much does he lie?  If he lies a lot, doesn't that mean that E could have been lying about everything? What if E was fate, and is lying? Maybe the suits really are the main threat here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   The Riddle of the Tree Man - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Riddle of the Tree Man
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: New Trailheads-
Jump to: