Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos

Go down 
+36
flamey9371
Mad(x)Hatter
Gustybv
Thage the Minithulu
FreedomCaged
Alder
Konaa
ecopper
InheritTheEarth
ChaosGamma
V
Sam4books
Accela
AmalgamationSage
SliceandDice
AdmirableJellyfish
GLaDOS
CuteWithoutThe
ParaBellum
alliterator
Seann
SabrinasUniverse
AlanAuch
LisaEvermore
Delmonty
The Slender Man
Maduin
Stormecho
Nedark
chasechan2050
Zander
zero
Glomple
DaLadybugMan
quofomo
Omega
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Yea, verily, Da Watcha is a great example of how to do wifin' RIGHT.

I'm recognizing a lot of the blogs on this one Da Watcha, Dare 2 Die, and Deja Vu Dreamer in particular. Nice to see opinions on familiar faces.

Although I haven't read and want to stay away from D2D a bit because DON'T FUCKING FORCE ZALGO, DUDE. 'Specially not on comment posts in important blogs.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
AdmirableJellyfish
Untainted
AdmirableJellyfish

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:52 pm

So.... is this ever coming back?
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:59 pm

AdmirableJellyfish wrote:

I'm working on it; I just keep getting distracted by blogs which aren't in alphabetical order. People need to stop writing good blogs that are so far down Chase's list; I keep reading those instead of whichever blogs come next. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
ecopper
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Omega wrote:
AdmirableJellyfish wrote:

I'm working on it; I just keep getting distracted by blogs which aren't in alphabetical order. People need to stop writing good blogs that are so far down Chase's list; I keep reading those instead of whichever blogs come next. Laughing

Ah, the curse of slender-reader.

So many things that cannot be unseen...

I applaud you for the whole idea though!
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Devil's Hiding Place (http://dagmarpines.blogspot.com/)
-First blog in the Slenderverse to introduce the Jersey Devil. Did it very differently than Records of an Impossibility; the Jersey Devil here was shown as a protective influence, who defended his domain from Slendy and proxies.
-Only lasted five posts. Saddened me a bit, as I read it during its original run and had been enjoying it. Looked like it had potential.

Diary of a Cigarette Smoking Man (http://smokechokedroom.blogspot.com/)
-Man who was formerly one of Fisk's agents joins the fight against the Slender Man. With his government contacts and resources, has a lot more backing him than most of the regular teens who make up the Mythos.
-For a large part of the story, the blog relies too much on other blog's stories; Mr. Spender spends more time joining in on the events of other stories than actually following his own narrative. Causes the story to get a bit jumpy at times, and reliant on the audience reading other blogs.
-There are also some moments which really break my suspension of disbelief, where the blog starts to follow Hollywood physics instead of real world ones. The most egregious example is the encounter with Nightcrawler. Starts out pretty good, demonstrating both combatants to be very skilled fighters.... And then it turns into a Gun-Kata fight, and any chance of me taking it seriously goes right out the window.
-HOWEVER, despite all the criticism above, it is well written, especially towards the end. The quality improves, the author starts to focus more on their own story instead of other blogs, and it has some genuinely freaky moments. You can imagine my disappointment when, as I was beginning to really enjoy the blog, I reached the end and realized that it hasn't updated in a long time, and doesn't look like it will be starting again soon. Just my luck.

Doing What Needs to be Done (http://sacrificesforeveryone.blogspot.com/)
-You know, I'd read a lot about Zach in other blogs which he'd crossed over with. Based on their portrayal of him, I'd been expecting some kind of ex-government special ops vet. Then I actually read his blog, realized he was supposed to just be some guy who's younger than I am, and I couldn't help but feel utter confusion.
-The problem with Zach is that the author is trying too hard to make him seem badass. Sure, there are badass characters in the Mythos; but when you read them, their awesome seems like a natural part of their character. Whereas this feels more like a forced attempt to make a character who, realistically, should just be a regular guy into some kind of amazing person.
-Fisk and his entire agency experience some of the worst villain decay/derailment I have ever seen and it is PAINFUL. They are transformed from a subtle, secret organization focused on covering up evidence of the Slender Man into a group of card carrying villains who launch full scale assaults on civilian homes because they feel like being bastards. That full scale assault doesn't work, by the way. That's right; the squad of highly trained FBI agents wearing full body armor and carrying some pretty powerful weapons are unable to defeat a handful of civilians defending a house. Not once did it cross the agents' minds to, I dunno, use the fact that they're friggin FBI agents to just walk up to the house, knock on the door, and arrest people. The people don't want to be arrested? Then you call in a SWAT team, or the National Guard, or something, because you're a bloody government organization and a hastily thrown together militia should not be capable of stopping you just because you were too stupid to even think about using your authority. Why are you even attacking the house? Is Ava's mom really that important? DON'T YOU HAVE BETTER WAYS TO USE YOUR RESOURCES THAN LAUNCHING A MASSIVE ATTACK JUST TO CAPTURE THE MOTHER OF A SINGLE RUNNER WHO IS HIDING IN THE HOUSE OF SOMEONE WHO HASN'T EVEN SEEN SLENDER MAN YET? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO STEALTHILY TRYING TO COVER THINGS UP? YOU KNOW? THAT ONE THING YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING?
*Pant, Pant, Pant*
Sorry about that. I was just really, really, really annoyed by that post.
-As may be gathered from the rant above, the blog doesn't do a very good job of holding up suspension of disbelief. At all.
-I'm not sure what to think about Zach's dad. From a writer's perspective, the character feels just as forced as Zach, and comes off as him going "Look at how cool and awesome and badass and amazing my dad is!" From a less reasonable, internet narm raised point of view (which I have a bad habit of viewing these blogs with), I can only come to the conclusion that Zach's dad is the epitome of masculinity, and all of Zach's attempts to seem cool are him trying to live up to the sheer awesome which is his father.
-My final verdict on the blog is that it feels a lot like a MANLY ACTION version of a Spunky Teen Blog. We've go the upbeat, peppy hero who constantly remains positive in spite of the horror following him, a plot where the protagonists suffer absolutely no long lasting negative consequences, etc.

Dreams in Darkness (http://dreamsindarkness91.blogspot.com/)
Watch This City Burn (http://tonightitallburns.blogspot.com/)
-IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS THEN READ IT NOW.
-The second Slenderblog I ever read, after Just Another Fool. Still one of my favorites.
-WHY HAVEN'T YOU READ IT YET YOU LAZY BUMS?

Don't Shoot the Messenger (http://bearingbadnews.blogspot.com/)
-Chase, that this is not on your list is a travesty. A TRAVESTY, I SAY.
-Blog from the point of view of a proxy called The Messenger, whose job is to record the deaths of Slendy victims.
-Part of the trend to portray proxies as something other than just mindless mooks to be slaughtered en masse. DSTM is a deconstruction of proxies, showing those who still have their minds to be regular people, often with sympathetic backstories, and those who have lost their will more as victims than chaotic evil enemies.
-Really does a good job with that deconstruction; characters feel realistic and create empathy with the audience. Writing is consistently good, and handles crossovers well, having the characters interact while still keeping the blog's story from becoming mired in the events of other stories.
-If I had to pick one thing to nitpick about in the blog, it would be lack of Slendy's presence in Messi's life. While other proxies in the story are portrayed as victims of this terrible monster, Messi.... Isn't. His life honestly isn't all that bad; sure, he's the servant of a cruel, ancient monster, but that monster seems content to give Messi a lot of free reign. He gets free room and board, an easy job without any killing which he makes his own hours for, Slendy doesn't bother interfering with much of anything, and he even got Slendy to agree not to hurt his brother. Messi seems to have managed to become a proxy without experiencing many consequences, which contrasts with the horrible lives other proxies have in the blog.
-This would be another blog I highly recommend reading. Now get to it with the readifying.

Do You Need Doctor's Help? (http://hidingbehindamaskcanicureyou.blogspot.com/)
-OH NO IT IS TEH PLAUGE DOCTOR WHY HE MAKE MOVE NOW?
-Serious time. Short blog, nothing happened in it.

Drew's Box 'O' Stuff (http://drewsboxostuff.blogspot.com/)
-Do you want to know why it took me so long to get this post finished? Because whenever I looked at Chase's list of blogs, I would realize that this blog was the next I had to read, and that would fill me with such fear that I couldn't bring myself to go on.
-I didn't like this blog when I was first reading it. Picking up from where I left off (February) and going to the end failed to change my opinion. I still really, really do not like this blog. Had I written this post immediately after finishing reading it, I would be ranting about my pure, undying hatred for it, but I've had enough time since then for my emotions to cool down.
-The blog is over 100 posts long. Thankfully, many of those posts are short, so it doesn't take too horribly long to read it all.
-On the other hand, those posts are badly written. That is my chief complaint about this blog. Sure, I can (and will) poke at other flaws, but the single biggest flaw, the one which turned me off completely, was the writing. It's not terrible, oh god my eyes are bleeding bad, like some blogs are. But the style is just so unoriginal. I can't tell whether the author is merely inexperienced, or just isn't a very good writer; either way, the prose is uninteresting, and filled with stock phrases.
-The plot doesn't have much more creativity than the writing. Borrows heavily from other blog's canon, and sticks with M's rules right up to the bitter end. Funnily, it doesn't even get the canon it's borrowing from right all the time, best shown when Ron was explaining proxies. Hallowed and Agents were explained rather well, but then we got to his description of Revenants:
“Revenats: seven foot monstrousities with horns. Avoid at all costs. They're far more powerful than humans and have killed people called Conduits who have superpowers.”
Lawlz.
-This blog does have some importance in my life as a Slenderblogger, as it is the one which made me decide once and for all that Mythos could not possibly take place in the real world, no matter how much you stretch things. Specifically, two posts: One where Ron talks about bodies being impaled on trees all along a train track, and another where Slender induced madness causes a riot in Boston. Neither of those are things which could be easily covered up, and should have been on national news. Now, this IS NOT a mark against the blog. I actually prefer my Mythos to take place in its own verse; gives it more freedom to deviate from real events. Just throwing that out there as an interesting factoid.
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:22 pm

*shivers with fear at the thought of his blog coming under scrutiny*
Back to top Go down
http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/
Seann
Anxious
Seann

Current Win Points : 31

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:28 pm

*checks Chase's list* Oh hey, that one's next.

So, will you be re-reviewing EB, or will you skip it since you already talked a bit about it during the btas segment? (Because I'd love a more in-depth post about it, especially since the blog was still on-going last time)
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Feel free to give my jottings a looksee. Links in the sig...
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Hey, my blog was also on-going last time, too! I demand you go back and review every blog that wasn't finished but is now finished! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:20 pm

Alder wrote:

RTDT. He's going through these in alphabetical order. He's going through ALL of them. They'll get their turn, eventually.

And on the subject of The Messenger...that's a very good point. He really doesn't have things too tough. Like...at all. That's going to change a bit in the future (although how close that future is, I'm not sure), but he's...a surprisingly sane character, making him a bit of an anomaly. I guess that the most he has to put up with at the moment is being the only sane person in a world of psychotics/broken/etc. But yeah, thanks for the compliments!
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 9:38 am

DaLadyBugMan wrote:
Alder wrote:

RTDT. He's going through these in alphabetical order. He's going through ALL of them. They'll get their turn, eventually.
Hey, there's stuff I've done for it which aren't on any of the lists. So I guess you should take it as me signposting them should he get to them.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:12 pm

Several blogs here, which is why it's taken me son long to post this.

Echidna's Brood (http://echidnasbrood.blogspot.com/)
-Didn't leave much of an impression on me. Writing wasn't very good, and stumbled on the Slender Man introduction. Felt like the blog was going "SUDDENLY SLENDER MAN!" instead of actually trying to introduce it in a meaningful way.
-Currently inactive.

Echo In the Night (http://echo-echoechoecho.blogspot.com/)
-This blog puts into practice an idea I've been thinking over for a bit (which gets it credit in my book): watching the downhill experience of someone who intentionally got involved in the Mythos to try and help people.
-Does seem to suddenly go Slender. Makes a little sense in the context, as the author was commenting on Slenderblogs prior to the involvement of Slender Man in the story, but I'd have liked to see more build up and content within the actual blog, instead of in others.
-"Maniacal Happiness Fit" is the GREATEST post in the ENTIRE MYTHOS, even if it does create such a massive mood whiplash that it destroys any and all sense of tone and atmosphere which had preceded it. I am willing to accept that sacrifice.
-There isn't much action to the plot, and I realize that I'll need to read other blogs to get the full picture of what was going on. On the plus side, I did like the writing, and was greatly entertained by the protagonist's reactions (both the regular, freaking out due to fear and such reactions, as well as the ridiculously energetic and happy ones)

Edens World has been deleted, so no talk about it.

Empty Mind, Blank face (http://emptymind-emptyeyes.blogspot.com/)
-OH GOD WHY DOES THIS BLOG STILL EXIST
-This is the queen of poorly written gamejacks. It has all the gamejacks. All of them.

Empty Space has been deleted.

Exilis Veritas (http://exilisveritas.blogspot.com/)
-I know this is a very popular blog, with quite the following, but I found it a bit bland. The writing is good, but the plot never drew me in.
-Slendy tends to stay in the background for most of the story, with only a few real interactions with the characters. Proxies are the main antagonists here.
-Uses a lot of things from the Mythos which I personally don't like (overuse of Revenants, a cure for proxies, out of place superpowers)
-I think my biggest complaint about it is that the blog is much lighter and softer than what I would expect from a setting as bleak as the Mythos. The tone tends to be upbeat, the power of love conquers all, somewhat happy ending, etc.
-Don't assume that I'm saying the blog is bad. This is more a question of personal taste than quality. I can see why others would enjoy it, but I personally didn't find it the sort of story I'd have gone out of my way to read.

An Ethical Question (http://anethicalquestion.blogspot.com/)
-I hadn't realized how much I'd missed "Creepy stuff happening to some guy" until I'd read this. No fantasy, no extensive connections with a meta-plot, none of the baggage associated with the rest of the Mythos.... Just good old Slender weirdness. It brought a tear to my eye. A tear of joy.
-The protagonist's Internet Tough Guy persona comes off as a bit narmy at times ("I AM NOT SOMEONE TO BE TRIFLED WITH!!!!")
-At times it seems like the plot can't focus; it moves from one event before the previous ones have been fully resolved. Can get annoying at times, but I'm under the impression that it's intentional.
-Focus has been moving a bit more towards the video entries as of late. Some of them are good, others are bland (lampshading that you are talking to a screen doesn't change the fact that you are still talking to a screen)

2D Staircase (http://2dstairs.blogspot.com/)
-Related to An Ethical Question, but thus far the plots haven't had too much connection.
-I really enjoyed reading this blog. Still hasn't gone full Slender yet, but the rising hints of it at the edges, slowly moving to prominence, is well done.
-Video entries are the weak point here. They've failed to hold my attention.
-I feel that both this blog and An Ethical Question are terribly underrated. Only 9 followers? Terrible. They deserve better.

Fairytales and Haunted Sleep (http://insomniacprince.blogspot.com/)
-Blog was pretty short (only 15 posts), and there wasn't much plot. That worked for this blog, though, as the lack of plot did create something of an air of mystery. Just don't go into this with an expectation of an in depth story.
-The ending was abrupt. Just BAM, hey everyone, it's done now, you can go home now.
-Video's were this blog's weakness as well. Especially the 11 minute long phone call where I could barely hear the conversation with volume at max.

Acid Reflex (http://thedailylifeofamistress.blogspot.com/)
Pre-Memories of a Gillionaire (http://bakkaratorz.blogspot.com/)
-I enjoyed both of these blogs. Looked like they'd gone inactive, but Acid Reflex has updated recently, so it appears that is not the case.
-The characters are the strongest part. You get a very clear idea of what each protagonist is like; especially in the contrast between how both blogs describe similar events.
-That duality between the blogs is my favorite part. Getting to hear both sides of the tale not only adds to our understanding of the story, but our understanding of the characters through how they each interpret things.
-Strange as it sounds, the crazy proxy girl is thus far more sympathetic than the victim. He's a bit of a jerkass.
-Gillionaire's archive sidebar format is annoying and I hate it.

And now, for the big one. The one I've been putting off.
Mine.

Father of Light (http://michenab-fatheroflight.blogspot.com/)
Vox 93 (http://vox93.blogspot.com/)
Smiting the Gods (http://tellthemisaidiwasgoingtoamerica.blogspot.com/)
Operation Wintergreen (http://operationwintergreen.blogspot.com/)
-Specifically, Smiting the Gods was mine. While I was kinda informally in charge of the overarching plot for the storyline as a whole, the individual stories of FoL and Vox were handled by their own authors.
-I am proud of what we made, and think that we successfully achieved our goal. This definitely isn't something I'm going to consider an old shame. However, I do acknowledge its flaws, and that's mostly what I'll be discussing here.
-Father of Light never got the same popularity that StG or Vox did, in spite of it supposedly being the main protagonist's blog. I think there's a few reasons for that. First, when put alongside characters such as Arkady or Setoth, the two leads in FoL look a little bland. People were drawn in to Arkady due to his crazy blood knight tendencies, and Setoth because of his goth magick thing, but Kal and Michenab were your standard everymen. Secondly, the introduction dragged on for some time. Nothing against Michenab's short stories, but they weren't the reason the audience had come to the blog, and they didn't really add anything to it. When large chunks of your pre-Slender posts can be skipped over without needing to worry about losing info on plot or character, that's not a good thing.
-I enjoyed Vox. Even had I not been part of the same project as it, I'd feel like I'd still have read it. If I had to pick out a problem, it would be the one which is attributed to Vox over and over: Setoth's tendency to ramble. In his narrative posts, it's not that big a problem, but his more informative ones occasionally drag. Sometimes it's good; the Ars Goetia post is fairly well done, and manages to explain the occult basics of a feature which would be used repeatedly in the story in a way which is understandable for the layman. Others, such as his Alchemy and Sigils post, are confusing and drag on.
-Smiting the Gods is the greatest blog ever and no one can deny that. To be completely honest, when I started writing StG, I had no idea what I was doing. Planning ahead? Psh! I'm OMEGA! I don't need planning ahead! That.... Was a mistake. First few posts are my least favorite, as I was basically making up stuff as I went. I only started planning ahead at the Power Outage post, and even then, I don't think I really figured out what I wanted to go for until the New Year post. Even after that, there were still a few mistakes I made along the way (Javert's ridiculously long quote in "Showdown", or the lack of sufficient foreshadowing for the events in "Battle"). But I'm happy with how it turned out so ha.
-As for Operation Wintergreen (the blog, not the project as a whole), I don't have much to complain about. The whole blog was just building up to Michenab's last three posts, and I love those posts. It was hard, handing the task of writing my character's death over to someone else, but he pulled it off amazingly. Now if only the green font was easier to read....
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:27 pm

You missed Encyclopedia Slenderia :trollface:

Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:30 pm

DaLadyBugMan wrote:
You missed Encyclopedia Slenderia Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 3147896512

That is because Encyclopedia Slenderia is so amazing that mere human words cannot hope to describe its divine glory.
Back to top Go down
SliceandDice
Anxious
SliceandDice

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:52 pm

-waits for moar-

we are getting close to meeeee :O
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:20 pm

empty space got deleted? But I liked that one!

also, Omega, you forgot the sole reason StG got popular, a certain guest star...
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 pm

Omega wrote:
DaLadyBugMan wrote:
You missed Encyclopedia Slenderia Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 3147896512

That is because Encyclopedia Slenderia is so amazing that mere human words cannot hope to describe its divine glory.

Epicly true.

Incidentially, while following along behind your amazing feat I noticed that two (and only two) of the blogs I looked at were actually kind enough to provide summeries of events up to that point (around 50 posts). I think that things like that are a great idea, they help get new readers get a quicker grasp of what happened (espically with all of this interconectivity between blogs and the insane number of comments that may have relevant information), and when older readers are reviewing it may help them locate specific events much faster.

Last edited by FreedomCaged on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:40 pm

zero wrote:
also, Omega, you forgot the sole reason StG got popular, a certain guest star...

Oh, right, I completely forgot to mention AmalgamationSage! Thanks for reminding me, zero! Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 3147896512
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:40 pm

I should've killed Arkady when I had the chance. That way I would've killed BOTH reviewers, and gotten their power in The Critiquing!
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:15 am

This has started up again? Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 am

It IS starting up. RIGHT OMEGA?
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 4:53 pm

*Clears throat loudly and glances up at post mentioning this starting up again with hope*
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Alright, maybe if I ignore this thread long enough, everyone will forget it....
/Looks at posts
Dammit people.

Fifth Perch (http://fifthperch.blogspot.com/)
-Well.... This is a blog. And vaguely military stuff happens. And then it ends.
-There's not much going for it, really. At least I know understand what was happening with Ava's mom, but looking at this blog from a standalone perspective, that whole plotline comes out of nowhere. If you want military style Slenderblog, read Observe and Terminate instead.

Hallow Dreams (http://hallowtruth.blogspot.com/)
-So this is the blog where the author accidentally made Slender Man into Slender Woman? Eh. I was kinda hoping for more.
-It's kinda bland. Prose is dull, characters don't have much life to them, nothing which really caught hold of my attention.
-Then it just ends. No climax to the story, no conclusion, just "Okay, blog's over now"

He Waits (http://j-hewaits.blogspot.com/)
-No. I will not read a 240+ blog. Moving on.

I'm going to do a few out of order here, because since after this point, I started jumping around the list a bit (trying to catch up on blogs which were important to the Mythos instead of only blogs which happened to have names with letters towards the start of the alphabet)
And also because Konaa apparently wants me to talk about his blog or something.

About life and stuff (http://lilkittyluv.blogspot.com/)
-Nope. Four posts long, nothing going for it.

Floccinaucinihilipilification (http://simultaneouslymeaningfulandworthless.blogspot.com/)
-Pretty damn good.
-Style of the blog is unique, and works very well. There's not too much of a story, at least compared to the complex plots of other blogs. Much of the blog is spent establishing tone and atmosphere rather than building up plotlines, which works very well for it (especially at the end, but not going to say much about that here due to spoilers and stuff). Surprisingly light and upbeat at times, but this only makes the darker horror aspects stronger.
-While referenced in other blogs, it's not really required reading to understand the verse's meta-plot; even so, I would recommend this if you're ever looking for something not quite like the average Slender blog.
-Andy likes this blog. You know, the guy who's jaded to everything ever. So that's gotta count for something.

Crasshing Through Trees (http://theaflacduckisanabomination.blogspot.com/)
Removal (http://whentheyrealldeadwecanhavefun.blogspot.com/)
-A more action oriented and aggressive blog that most. I've heard Glass Man called a sociopath, but while he is much more belligerent than many characters, within the context of the blog I wouldn't call him one.
-For an action blog, it isn't bad. The story is a fast read, and it avoids focusing too much on the "Action hero fuck yeah!" mentality some bad blogs fall into.
-The crazy text stuff which happens relatively early in the blog is pretty annoying. At times, really annoying. It's the hardest part of the blog to get through.
-Glass Man's obsession with zerosage was always a weird part of the plot. At times it felt like gamejacking, because the lack of mention about Glass Man on LRoaDM. Also, zerosage cultists was an element CTT brought in which never caught on.
-Crasshing Through Trees has ended, but Removal is still active.

Clarion Call (http://clarioncall-h64.blogspot.com/)
-The OHGODNESSA'SALIVE blog.
-Plot is largely tied into Something to Leave Behind.
-Lasts only 9 posts; quality of those posts is pretty good, but it's not long enough for a full length story to develop.

Fabulous (http://fabulousfiona.wordpress.com/)
thexroyalxguard (http://thexroyalxguard.wordpress.com/)
-THIS BLOG IS FABULOUS.
-No. Seriously. It's pretty good. It's a blog about Fiona, and her boyfriend the Slender Man.
-You read that right. Slender Man is her boyfriend. Yet it avoids being a periwinkle blog; Slendy's character hasn't been completely derailed, and it keeps many horror elements in it.
-Read it.

Something to Leave Behind (http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/)
-Honestly, when I started reading this blog, I was expecting disappointment. Everything I've heard about StLB has been how it's a more hopeful blog than most, that it isn't the bleak depression fest of most slenderblogs, etc. Which led me to believe that it was going to be some kind of gary stu "I SHALL NAHW PAHNTCH TEH SLOONDERMANZ WITH MAH RIGHTEOUS FEEESTS!"
-Instead, it's actually pretty good. While the tone is more proactive than many bleaker blogs, it still doesn't lose any sense of conflict in the story. The upbeat elements are countered by darker elements, and Konaa never falls into gary stu territory; yeah, he's an action hero type character, but one who actually has to work against adversary to achieve his goals.
-On that note, if you're looking for horror, this really isn't it. It's a good story, but it's not trying to be horror.
-My biggest complaint against the blog would be that so much of the plot is tied in with other blog's plotlines. For a blog with 79 posts, StLB has done relatively little to move forward its own story. Get's a bit tied into the larger meta-plot as well; you can't really read this blog as a standalone, as it requires foreknowledge of things such as the Bleeding Tree, the entirety of Last Refuge's events, as well as the plots of a few currently active blogs as well.

There. ARE YOU PEOPLE HAPPY NOW.
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:36 pm

^^ thanks omega!

and for some background behind Clarion Call: Nessa and I had intended to do more, but Real Life intervened. she's too busy for blogging right now.
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

Current Win Points : 84

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Fifth Perch never happened. 8I You wipe clean all memory of that shitty blog right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos   Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Omega Accidentallies the Entire Mythos
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next